Options

Now that we are going to get a real Princess are Cheryl's days numbered?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know who Harry will marry yet, we could well get another Fergie:D
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »

:eek::eek::D:D:eek:
  • Options
    Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    I have long said this will happen and I honestly believe it to be right. Look at the hysteria now and its only been what 10 hours?

Kate will rule every newspaper and magazine from here on in. The days of trash being seen as icons of culture might finally be at an end.

I think it's out of order that people are being nasty about Kate, not that I was aware of most of it because I seem to be reading the wrong (right) newspapers. But I'm not sure that marrying the future King (and I am presuming she loves him) makes her a more worthy cultural icon than a pop starl

Kate will now get all of the attention the press weren't allowed to give her before they were officially engaged, but I actually think that it could prolong Cheryl's career, not bring it to an end. Cheryl doesn't need all of the attention she gets, and contrary to what many on here think, I don't think she wants it all either. She has been over-exposed for the last couple of years, so diverting attention to Kate will work in her favour. I'm sure Cheryl will still be able to get attention as and when she wants/needs it, but it will be easier for her to lie low inbetween times.
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How exactly is she a parasite and a sponger when she has a job?

She seems like a nice and polite young girl and they seem like a happy couple who are in love, and it's not like it was rushed like his father and mothers wedding.

I hope the press don't pester her too much but tbh I'd rather have her in the headlines than the talentless, vapid, no personality, common as muck Cheryl Cole.
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She seems like a nice and polite young girl and they seem like a happy couple who are in love, and it's not like it was rushed like his father and mothers wedding.

I hope the press don't pester her too much but tbh I'd rather have her in the headlines than the talentless, vapid, no personality, common as muck Cheryl Cole.

This. I'll take news about Kate over Cheryl news any day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be honest, I've seen her talking in the media today. She seems very lovely but she did struggle a little bit when she was asked the question about her career/lack of and just mumbled that she had helped with the family business. That might well be true but I get the impression that that is a cover up for the fact that... well.... that she doesn't have much going on in her life professionally.

But I agree with you. I hope the press don't pester her. She seems nice and life is going to be stressful enough being in the Royal family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    I think most of the population couldn't care less. She seems like a quiet, biddable enough girl, but then so did Diana at first. I don't know her. All I hope is that we don't get the usual royal wedding hype although I imagine the government are hoping the news will divert our attention from the recent changes to the welfare system which will turn everyone's life upside down. Perhaps not such a bad thing for those who really do need to get out and get a job, but terrible for those of us genuinely disabled people who are being shafted alongside the alleged workshy.

Ah well...I guess that we can always eat wedding cake eh? :p
  • Options
    BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn.
    I hate people. I do. You people (well most of you)... what's wrong with you? Do you live off of whining, and bitching off people? Do you need some kind of daily gripe to survive?

It seems like people just have to tear the hell out of those in the papers just because, with no reason for it. So the prince gets engaged to some woman you know sod-all about, and everyone's going 'oooooh, she's a parasite!' 'ooh, i've never met the woman and i know nothing about her and i haven't even seen her on the news before today, but i bet she doesn't love him! i bet she just wants his money!'

Moan moan moan. Bitch bitch bitch. You're like little schoolkids 'ooh, I heard Katie let someone finger her behind the bike sheds, except I didn't, I just made it up! That slag!'
    Grow up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooooooh.....someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning! :D:D:D:D

It's just opinions, we haven't decided to storm the Palace and string 'em all up. Nobody really cares what we think anyway!
  • Options
    BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jezebeth wrote: »
    Ooooooh.....someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning! :D:D:D:D

It's just opinions, we haven't decided to storm the Palace and string 'em all up. Nobody really cares what we think anyway!

Ehh, I'm tired and cranky. :p There just always seems to be an absurd amount of vitriol :confused: Like, fair enough if people say 'oh, I don't really know her but I'm not really a big fan', but for some reason people just have to go 'she's a PARASITE!' and be so over the top about their sheer disdain for this woman :D It's so odd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ehh, I'm tired and cranky. :p There just always seems to be an absurd amount of vitriol :confused: Like, fair enough if people say 'oh, I don't really know her but I'm not really a big fan', but for some reason people just have to go 'she's a PARASITE!' and be so over the top about their sheer disdain for this woman :D It's so odd.

She's had roughly 50% positive comments I estimate, and by DS standards that's a veritable lovefest:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's had roughly 50% positive comments I estimate, and by DS standards that's a veritable lovefest:D

That's for sure! :D

@ British hobo...I understand about tired and cranky. It was as much as I could do today when they announced this wedding crap to squint at the online news and say....meh...

I honestly know nothing about the girl. I guess the poor bugger Wills had to marry someone and she's as good as anyone else. I just wonder at the media thinking that everyone is going to be jumping up and down with delight over this. Most of us are just trying to survive from day to day with our livelihoods and homes intact. I haven't got the energy to even raise a quarter of a cheer!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    I'm genuinely pleased for them. I mean properly- its like a member of my family announced their engagement.

At the moment with all the doom and gloom in the news this is a welcome break. I can't help feeling a Royal wedding might be what the country needs to give us a little pride again. Pomp and Circumstance are what we do best and this could really bring us all together....

.......or maybe it will just give forum trolls something else to whinge about....

But For Me ----Street parties and commemorative mugs ahoy
    :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn.
    I hate people. I do. You people (well most of you)... what's wrong with you? Do you live off of whining, and bitching off people? Do you need some kind of daily gripe to survive?

It seems like people just have to tear the hell out of those in the papers just because, with no reason for it. So the prince gets engaged to some woman you know sod-all about, and everyone's going 'oooooh, she's a parasite!' 'ooh, i've never met the woman and i know nothing about her and i haven't even seen her on the news before today, but i bet she doesn't love him! i bet she just wants his money!'

Moan moan moan. Bitch bitch bitch. You're like little schoolkids 'ooh, I heard Katie let someone finger her behind the bike sheds, except I didn't, I just made it up! That slag!'
    Grow up.

lol love it
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how long before someone comes forward with his/her story of how they spent the night together ?

i predict she will turn out like his mother, a total void who has been groomed for this since birth
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure when the day comes, James will be very pleased. ;)
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    how long before someone comes forward with his/her story of how they spent the night together ?

I wouldn't put it past Krusty TBH and knowing the Royals she probably had them at the same time. Maybe invited a cousin or 2. ;)
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm a cynic, but I expect to hear news of a massive "crisis" in Cheryl's life soon;) Either that or she'll announce that she and Delboy are officially an item, like that even compares to a royal wedding!:D:D

Is it true that Kate was supposed to go to Bristol Uni but he mother persuaded her to go to St Andrews instead when she heard that William would be going there?
  • Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »

i predict she will turn out like his mother, a total void who has been groomed for this since birth

How has she been groomed for it since birth?

She's not an aristo, she's a middle class girl who was probably expected to marry a banker or minor gentry at the most.
  • Options
    stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am i the only one who doesn't give a toss about the wedding?
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stairway wrote: »
    Am i the only one who doesn't give a toss about the wedding?

No.;)
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How has she been groomed for it since birth?

She's not an aristo, she's a middle class girl who was probably expected to marry a banker or minor gentry at the most.

there are a number of posters who have already testified that her mother was pushy and one who suggested her mother altered the university to which she was sent.

the mother, who has a daughter who is the same age as the 'prince' (a title acquired by an accident of birth, not through any achievement) and is ambitious for said daughter probably dreamt of such a scenario. it is not outside the bounds of possibility grooming did take place
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moosifer wrote: »
    I'm genuinely pleased for them. I mean properly- its like a member of my family announced their engagement.

At the moment with all the doom and gloom in the news this is a welcome break. I can't help feeling a Royal wedding might be what the country needs to give us a little pride again. Pomp and Circumstance are what we do best and this could really bring us all together....

.......or maybe it will just give forum trolls something else to whinge about....

But For Me ----Street parties and commemorative mugs ahoy
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

I don't think it will bring the country together; we are too diverse in our opinions and views of life for anything to do that anymore. Some will find it to be something that lifts their spirits, some will be indifferent to it, and some will find all the fuss so perplexing and alien that they will end up actively hating it. I expect to be in the latter camp.

Any way, what's with all the talk from some as if royalty and their spouses were in some way better than the normal run of celebs? Is touching the forelock to the aristocracy still in vogue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think it will bring the country together; we are too diverse in our opinions and views of life for anything to do that anymore. Some will find it to be something that lifts their spirits, some will be indifferent to it, and some will find all the fuss so perplexing and alien that they will end up actively hating it. I expect to be in the latter camp.

Any way, what's with all the talk from some as if royalty and their spouses were in some way better than the normal run of celebs? Is touching the forelock to the aristocracy still in vogue?

I think people will get caught up in it, simply because the media will blanket everything with Katie this and Katie that. There will be the usual excitement from foreign parts and the rest of us will just go about our normal business. I hated all the fuss over Diana and Charles, thought it was pathetic. I took the kids to the beach on the day of the wedding to avoid it.

As for bringing the country together, I totally agree with you. We are too diverse now for that to happen. The old British waving the flag days are long gone now and I believe that the Diana/Charles debacle put paid to that. I don't know if anyone else recalls the terrible time over their divorce and the quietly vicious interviews that each of them gave at the time. That was when the Queen had her annus horribilus and we had one right alongside her.

The Royals lost something that year...respect? The Queen is the only one I felt sorry for. I wanted to slap the rest, apart perhaps from Princess Anne who sensibly kept herself aloof. I wasn't a fan of Diana, but I do think that given that Camilla was one of the reasons behind the marriage breaking down, I didn't like the fact that she slipped in so furtively and it was a bit of a slight to Diana, however I suppose Diana's death made that a lot easier. I don't think it would have been so easy had Diana survived. I was stationed down the road from Corsham where Camilla lived and she used to ride her horses along the road, she was a real snooty lady.

Anyway. I do think the Royals lost the respect of a lot of people who might otherwise have waved the flag enthusiastically, but for many of us it will be business as usual on the day. Thank god for cable TV.

And believe it or not, there is still a lot of forelock touching going on between commoners and Royals. Old habits die hard and after centuries of doing that people seem to have this inbred into them.
  • Options
    luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know much about Kate Middleton but I'm excited about the news of the wedding. It was all over the news here in the States and people are excited. Now since I'm up on the British stories, let me say personally, I'd rather read about Kate Middleton than that stupid loser Cheryl Cole. Seriously. And I'm happy for William and Kate! Good luck to them!