Options

Harry Nilsson Appreciation

crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Wow he is so under-rated, amazing he is! Who else is a fan, what are your favourite albums? Nilsson Schmilsson is fantastic but so are all of the others I've heard, do I have to pick!? :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm absolutely wild about Harry...if you haven't seen the documentary about his life "Who Is Harry Nilsson (And Why Is Everybody Talkin' About Him?)" you must track it down and check it out immediately.

My favourite songs include 1941, Without Her, Without You, One, Gotta Get Up, The Moonbeam Song, Spaceman, You're Breaking My Heart...and I agree that Nilsson Schmilsson is the greatest.
  • Options
    yorkieUKyorkieUK Posts: 2,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A nice surprise to see a Harry Nilsson Appreciation thread. I am a very late convert to Harry Nilsson. I was introduced to him by Mrs YorkieUK.

I particularly like the BBC program The Music of Nilsson - which is now 40 years old of course - my favourite tracks being the Everly Brothers Medley and 1941.

Perhaps this thread may introduce others to his music!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 replies!! :eek:

I'm really impressed atleast 2 people know him on here!! :D

Will post links to my faves soon!

Coconut is so goood!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Underrated!!!!

I'm loving his soundtrack album "The Point!" it's so damn cute! :P I love the sensibility to Harry's music!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He sings some very weid songs such as "Jump In To The fire" that had so many writer credits it looks like a football team wrote it, great song all the same. Fine albums and a very fine singer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not weird, cute, great, different from the guff around now....that's a better description. ;)

I love Harry's beautiful and flexible voice, he also had a lovely gruff in his voice at times too.

He's real underrated in my opinion! I've said that so many times already! oops! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listening "The Point" soundtrack album, total bloody masterpiece, every time I listen I think that! Really cute film too.