Inspector Montalbano BBC4 Saturday 9PM

Comments

• Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Is there going to be any more Young Montalbano?

I couldn't get into the older one at all.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »

nothing on the horizon according to IMDB, sadly.

K
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,150
    Forum Member
    Petingo wrote: »
    Well worth watching.....if only for the rugged Sicilian scenery.

But the stories are entertaining and quirky.

Likeable characters too :)
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without trawling throug the posts...is this Saturday's episode a new one for us in the UK please?
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without trawling throug the posts...is this Saturday's episode a new one for us in the UK please?

Alas, no.
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For sure :)
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Finally, episode 10 of 10 turned up last Saturday night.
    As of next Saturday night, there's a repeat run of another series of Montalbano.
    Forum Member

Montalbano/Luca is a hunk! :)
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »

Isn't he just. I love Montalbano but even if that weeks story isn't the best there's still always him to look at. :)
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,615
    Forum Member
    Why didn't the police find the cat and the goldfinch in the car of the murdered woman but only found out about them later from her friend?
  • Veiled LodgerVeiled Lodger Posts: 121
    Forum Member

For me he is just sex on bandy legs! :)

Welsh-lad wrote: »

I couldn't get into the older one at all.

A report in the Italian press says they have just started filming series 2 of Young Montalbano. So hopefully we'll get it about this time next year.

The news on Inspector Montalbano is not so good. There was an interview in an Italian newspaper a couple of weeks ago with Luca and he doesn't know anything about the next series, which is worrying. I thought he would be the first to know and they would book him well ahead as he doesn't seem short of work. He said he has not yet been approached with any concrete proposals by RAI [the Italian TV company] about the next series.

If I come across any more on either series I will let you know.

gomezz wrote: »
    Why didn't the police find the cat and the goldfinch in the car of the murdered woman but only found out about them later from her friend?

Because she had left them with her friend to look after as she didn't know how long she would be away.
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petingo wrote: »
    Alas, no.

A shame. Thanks for answering.
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Isn't he just. I love Montalbano but even if that weeks story isn't the best there's still always him to look at. :)

Why doesn't someone get him over to the UK (probably London) for some promotional appearances? There must be more than the two of us who'd love to see him.

When I was last in Rome, a couple of years ago, he was on a huge poster as he was appearing in a play.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,615
    Forum Member
    Because she had left them with her friend to look after as she didn't know how long she would be away.
    But they later said that she was killed *before* she could hand them over?
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Finally, episode 10 of 10 turned up last Saturday night.
    As of next Saturday night, there's a repeat run of another series of Montalbano.
    In the Radio Times it says NEW in front of last night's episode so I started watching only to realise after a few minutes that it was a repeat!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was channel surfing last night and caught a few minutes of an Italian TV Movie called Cefalonia which was based on the same real life events as Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

I thought I recognised one of the actors and upon checking IMDB I found out it was Salvo himself aka Luca Zingaretti
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a lovely surprise, Verence :-) Do you remember what channel it was on? In case it gets repeated?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    parthena wrote: »
    What a lovely surprise, Verence :-) Do you remember what channel it was on? In case it gets repeated?

I can't remember offhand, think it may have been Movies4Men. I'll keep an eye out for other showings.

One more thing... Luca met his second wife on the set of Cefalonia
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Verence. I'll have to reinstate that channel ;)
  • DBCDBC Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The (repeated) series resumes on Saturday March 21. The first episode is where he dreams of his own funeral.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DBC wrote: »
    The (repeated) series resumes on Saturday March 21. The first episode is where he dreams of his own funeral.

Is that the most recent series?
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, that was part of season 8. Season 9 is the most recent or as the BBC terms it: series 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first series of The Young Montalbano is being repeated starting next week

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03b5b5w
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,150
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

Thanks ;-) It's long ago enough since it was on that I can quite happily watch as I won't remember what happens.
  • Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

I didn't dislike 'Young Montalbano' but I think it missed a trick. When I first heard about it, I envisaged it would be an interesting insight into how Montalbano became Montalbano. It would be set in a different place and there would be a different set of characters. Instead it very quickly established the same set-up as the 'grown up' series - and just became a pale imitation of it.

The younger Livia was a lot nicer though...