Options

This Festive Period Will Have Two "Big Fat Quiz Of The Year's"

RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
Forum Member
In a manner of speaking, there will be the regular Big Fat Quiz Of The Year to take place but also there will be "The Big Fat Anniversary Quiz" to celebrate a decade of "The Big Fat Quiz".

Big Fat Quiz Of The Year Panelists are currently unknown and is set to be recorded Monday 1st Of December.

The Big Fat Anniversary Quiz has already been filmed in October and features Jonathan Ross, Claudia Winkleman, Jack Whitehall, Warwick Davies, Noel Fielding & Russell Brand.

Man I hope they put Noel Fielding & Russell Brand back together as the "Goth Detectives" :D

Comments

• Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope there is some attempt at getting the right answers this time. They are perfectly ok to joke about with joke answers and then put forward a correct one, like they do on other panel shows, rather than just joking about and nobody scoring any points at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »
    I hope there is some attempt at getting the right answers this time. They are perfectly ok to joke about with joke answers and then put forward a correct one, like they do on other panel shows, rather than just joking about and nobody scoring any points at all.

I kind of agree, 2013 Big Fat Quiz had too many teams doing the full on comedy answers. Noel & Russell were the originators of comedy answers in 2006 but still managed to win one thanks to getting 30 points on a question Jimmy Carr thought they would get wrong. Probably why they are looked highly upon because you cant beat the original.

Noel & Richard are pretty good team though :)
  • Options
    PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always enjoy these, good to know they are doing more.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing that annoys me about these shows is the seal impression Jimmy Carr does instead of laughing
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,251
    Forum Member
    Big Fat Quiz Of The Year Panelists are currently unknown and is set to be recorded Monday 1st Of December.

Why are they filming it so early? They'll miss out on the whole of December. Might as well call it "The Big Fat Quiz Of The Last 11 Months"

Couldn't they have just waited until mid December (say the 15th) so they got some news stories and questions from December in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    Why are they filming it so early? They'll miss out on the whole of December. Might as well call it "The Big Fat Quiz Of The Last 11 Months"

Couldn't they have just waited until mid December (say the 15th) so they got some news stories and questions from December in?

Might be to do with Jimmy Carr who is still on tour.

In December he has 9 tour dates, 3 days filming 8 out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown, Still Has 8 Out Of 10 Cats Episodes and an 8 Out Of 10 Cats Christmas Special to film. Maybe it was the only date he was logically able to do it

I agree though they are missing an opportunity
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the 2014 edition. I've not really paid much attention to the spin-offs.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are they are gong to show on the 'anniversary' version? I know they showed repeats of the past Big Fat Quizes on more 4 or E4 one year.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'regular' edition involves David Mitchell (said on his Twitter) and Jack Whitehall (ugh) (via his management) as panellists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    The 'regular' edition involves David Mitchell (said on his Twitter) and Jack Whitehall (ugh) (via his management) as panellists.

David Mitchell was amazing when he teamed with Rob Brydon.

Rob Brydon and Jonathan Ross used to do it every year at first, would much rather have Rob Brydon return than Ross if im being honest :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    What are they are gong to show on the 'anniversary' version? I know they showed repeats of the past Big Fat Quizes on more 4 or E4 one year.

My guess its going to be news and events from the past decade since they started doing the show :)
  • Options
    suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for the Goth Detectives OP. Just keep James Corden away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Since it was recorded yesterday does anyone know the teams. :)
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 days filming 8 out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown,

Bloody hell, are they still flogging that deceased horse?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jason C wrote: »
    Bloody hell, are they still flogging that deceased horse?

It seems to be a ratings winner for them...I enjoy it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year: (Regular Edition) Micky Flanagan, Sarah Millican, Kevin Bridges, Mel B, Richard Ayoade & David Mitchell

REALLY MEL B? All the female comedians or even remotely funny female tv personalities and they chose Mel B.

The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year Airs On Boxing Day

The Big Fat Anniversary Quiz: (Special Edition Celebrating A Decade Of The Big Fat Quiz) Jonathan Ross, Claudia Winkleman, Jack Whitehall, Warwick Davies, Noel Fielding & Russell Brand.

Goth Detectives :)

The Big Fat Anniversary Quiz Airs Friday 2nd January 2015
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year: (Regular Edition) Micky Flanagan, Sarah Millican, Kevin Bridges, Mel B, Richard Ayoade & David Mitchell

REALLY MEL B? All the female comedians or even remotely funny female tv personalities and they chose Mel B.

No, No, No and No>:(:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, No, No and No>:(:o

I kind of agree...I can tolerate Micky & Sarah but they can be really annoying. Kevin is okay, Mel is just bizzare.

I hope Richard and David are on the same time (They were once and were called the "Speccy Nerdy ****nuts")

The Big Fat Anniversary Quiz has a much better line up than the Big Fat Quiz Of The Year :)
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    MelC would have been a better choice. She's been good when on 8 Out of 10 Cats.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kind of agree...I can tolerate Micky & Sarah but they can be really annoying. Kevin is okay, Mel is just bizzare.

I hope Richard and David are on the same time (They were once and were called the "Speccy Nerdy ****nuts")

The Big Fat Anniversary Quiz has a much better line up than the Big Fat Quiz Of The Year :)

According to a trailer I just saw the teams are

Micky Flanagan/Sarah Millican

Kevin Bridges/Mel B

David Mitchell/Richard Ayoade
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

Kevin Bridges/Mel B

Ahhh thanks :)

Daivd/Richard on a team is a huge redeeming quality
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's been bad for years. didn't even bother to watch last years.
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,251
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

Kevin Bridges/Mel B

Not a great guest list this year. David Mitchell is person that's actually funny
  • Options
    AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully no James Corden.

Splendid !
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    Damn I was looking forward to this but the year end one just looks bad.
    I'll watch the decade one and just pretend that that's the only one.