Options

2015 PDC Darts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Drax HippolyteDrax Hippolyte Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Hi, I disagree the Pdc is totally about razzmatazz, my other half gaz loves it too, to a somewhat degree

I have watched 27 world championships.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to Lakeside, fewer mongs in the crowd. Slightly lower averages, due to the Blade 4's trebles being much smaller than the Eclipse Pro HD television board, but closer, better matches overall.

Slightly? Well enjoy.
  • Options
    bradley spencerbradley spencer Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I have watched 27 world championships.

Numerically speaking that is a heck of a lot darts you watch, do you participate?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Numerically speaking that is a heck of a lot darts you watch, do you participate?

I think that not participating gives me more right to comment on those that do, as I have no positive or negative experience myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Slightly? Well enjoy.

Okay, thanks.
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring it on
  • Options
    oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to Lakeside, fewer mongs in the crowd. Slightly lower averages, due to the Blade 4's trebles being much smaller than the Eclipse Pro HD television board, but closer, better matches overall.

Much smaller trebles?
    Is that this years excuse for the lower standard then?
    The BDO has its place and is essential to keep the grass roots alive so I'm not knocking it by the way.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously early days but that was an important set for van de Pas to win there.

Tidy little match so far.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm interesting.....Van De Pas doing a lot better than I thought he would as he levels at 2-2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems every game Chizzy plays he gets a dodgy board - last time his darts kept falling out, this time the treble 20's disintegrating :p

3-2 to Van De Pas, biggest shock so far imo on the cards
  • Options
    Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very surprising how this ones going, suspected Chizzy would raise his game significantly from Round 1 and walk this but to be honest Benito has raised his game more than Chizzy has!
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I highly doubt at the PDC you could easily make 180, but at the BDO only 40, 55 or 43 with the same accuracy. There aint a big discrepancy with the PDC scores.

To suggest that the PDC dart board is illegal and non compliant is ridiculous.

You can't be inside the reble 20 throwing on 1 board but inside the single 1 or single 5 by a wide margin throwing with the exact same accuracy on another.

If hit a single 1 you are a wide margin out from the treble 20 whatever the board, PDC or BDO. 3 innacurate darts don't result in a 180.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    van de Pas one leg away from the match...

and he takes it!

What a great final leg he threw there, two 140s and a 134 to set up the finish.

Wasn't a great deal between him and Chisnall in overall terms but he just put in a spurt in those final couple of sets and Chisnall couldn't match it.

Excellent match to watch.
  • Options
    Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great win for Van De Pas, played lovely there considering the pressure.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Christmas bonus for Van the man.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Brilliant from Benito, really held his nerve when it mattered, terrific last leg.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks good does Van da Pas, shame I like Chizzy.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oblivian wrote: »
    Much smaller trebles?
    Is that this years excuse for the lower standard then?
    The BDO has its place and is essential to keep the grass roots alive so I'm not knocking it by the way.

Indeed if you are inaccurare with all 3 darts you'll make nowhere near 100. Not 140 or 180 and that's whether you are at the PDC or the BDO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look what happens when you mention the BDO or lakeside in the PDC thread, yes I was the first to jump on it, but come on just don't do it :)

MvG out tonight?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First set to Sascha Stein!

MvG had a bit of sod's law in that last leg when he went for 125 and hit two bullseyes :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ein Stein a go-go!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah bit of fun and games while it lasted but six legs on the trot and counting for MVG now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was a bit confused at the reactions.

So the guy won a set and got back to back 180s and they were wetting themselves over it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG! MC mentions the Lakeside! :eek:

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Klaasen's well on top against Anderson now...