Options

Is Rav Wilding a chav?

Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
Forum Member
✭✭
I think he is, he is believing his own hype and going out with low rent "celebs"

His real name is Ravin Mika Coothoopermal, he has done a Darius and taken his mother's maiden name.

Comments

• Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is guilty by association.

And to think I always had a soft spot for him, so disappointed :(
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    He's too purdy for her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    I think he is, he is believing his own hype and going out with low rent "celebs"

His real name is Ravin Mika Coothoopermal, he has done a Darius and taken his mother's maiden name.

Confused as to why not using his birth name makes him a chav. Dating Chantelle whatsherface with the fake everything is what makes him that, using a stage name does not. Would you (going by the mention of his name) call John Wayne or Cary Grant chavs for not using the names they were born with?
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People have some strange ideas on what a 'chav' is, don't they?

Anyway, chav or no chav - he's hawwwwwt!
  • Options
    JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like him, but then I realised he's just yet another narcissistic fame seeker. I don't know how he ever made it into his brief period as a police officer.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he has always come across as a bit thick not sure about a chav though
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    raye0274 wrote: »
    Confused as to why not using his birth name makes him a chav. Dating Chantelle whatsherface with the fake everything is what makes him that, using a stage name does not. Would you (going by the mention of his name) call John Wayne or Cary Grant chavs for not using the names they were born with?

I'm not actually sure you know what a chav is either.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in the hairdressers last week and whilst reading OK magazine saw that there was an interview with Rav and Chantelle, plus cheesy a cheesy photo shoot of them posing together plastered across several pages and I was surprised to say the least. It was cheesy and very tacky and I was a little surprised to say the least, as I'd always thought Rav was a serious broadcaster/presenter and was above that kind of thing.

I've got nothing against Chantelle, I've always liked her in fact but the interview was stomach churning. They've only known each other five minutes but were both gushing about their love for one another. Hell it's only a few weeks ago that she was still moping about over Preston :rolleyes:

Chantelle is a nice girl. But not the sharpest tool in the box, is a little bit vapid and lives her lives through trashy magazines like this. I assume appearing in OK was her idea. I'm not sure what they'd have to talk about really? But Rav does seem to have a type from what I've heard;)
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how he can ever be called a "chav" :confused:
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    he has always come across as a bit thick not sure about a chav though

As a former police officer assigned to a specialilst unit investigating the death of Damilola Taylor, I hardly think he's thick. Although those strong, extra muscular thighs, that made it hard to dance, might be! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm not actually sure you know what a chav is either.

It does depend greatly on which 'myth of origin' you go by but the term is believed to originate from the Romanii. The most popular meaning refers to the origin, Working class, unemployed, usually living in Council housing, spending money on Burberry (Chloe Mafia who, befoer appearing in X-Factor and her own 'cheap videos' also appeared on a BBC 3 show where she even dressed her baby in the stereotypical Burberry outfits), Of course we tend to use it far more to refer to 'cheap' and 'common'. Both of which Chantelle whatsherface can be classed.

I went to a school filled with this type of person, living in a small seaside town on the South Coast where the majority of people are definitely working class and without employment yet have more money than those that do work for a living...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't. That wasn't the point I was making, that was just an add-on I found later:D
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    No. Not remotely. (Think in it's over-usage the actual definition of that word has been forgotten).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't call him a chav but he's dating one. Whatever possessed him, Gawd only knows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call him a chav but he's dating one. Whatever possessed him, Gawd only knows.
    thought he had been out with another one, Imogen Thomas? And some other WAG from the past wasnt he engaged to one once?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thought he had been out with another one, Imogen Thomas? And some other WAG from the past wasnt he engaged to one once?

I don't know. I just caught sight of him and Chantewlle gurning out from the front of OK mag and shuddered. Otherwise, I don't know much about him.
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he the block of mahogany from Crimewatch UK?
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

Imogen's dim and a bit common but she's not really a chav per se.
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    Is he the block of mahogany from Crimewatch UK?

yep,but not a Chav
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Not remotely. (Think in it's over-usage the actual definition of that word has been forgotten).

Hasn't it just. The fact that these people are earning their own money and paying their own pay in life means they are nothing like 'chavs'. Nowdays, it seems to have lost any meaning and is just a catch all term for anyone someone doesn't like much.

For me, a 'chav' is an unemployed (through choice) layabout who likes to commit a bit of low level crime. hangs around on street corners wearing moody designer gear from a market stall or sports wear that has never seen the inside of a gym.

Some of these people like Chantelle, Pwicey etc might seem a bit dopey and 'common' but they are certainly not chavs by the real menaing of the word.

Btw, saw Chantelle in Starbucks yesterday and she is much prettier in real life than she looks on tv.
  • Options
    avidreaderavidreader Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

^^^This. The business with his name is neither here nor there. Loads of people in the public eye do not use their real names.

I'm still disappointed about him and Chantelle though. I thought he had more about him than that.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rav goes to my gym sometimes and I would say chav? Probably not but self-obsessed and vain - most definitely! ;):D
  • Options
    cmwcmw Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angel Dust wrote: »
    Hasn't it just. The fact that these people are earning their own money and paying their own pay in life means they are nothing like 'chavs'. Nowdays, it seems to have lost any meaning and is just a catch all term for anyone someone doesn't like much.

For me, a 'chav' is an unemployed (through choice) layabout who likes to commit a bit of low level crime. hangs around on street corners wearing moody designer gear from a market stall or sports wear that has never seen the inside of a gym.

Some of these people like Chantelle, Pwicey etc might seem a bit dopey and 'common' but they are certainly not chavs by the real menaing of the word.

Btw, saw Chantelle in Starbucks yesterday and she is much prettier in real life than she looks on tv.

Well said! Chantelle and Rav are no way chav's at all, they have made their own money, own their own houses and cars. They did the interview to get their own side across about how they met before the tabloids started to write rubbish about them. I think they make a lovely down to earth couple and I wish them well.:)
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    When Rav was on Strictly he came across as someone desperate to launch himself as a 'celeb'.

Now he's hooked up with Chantelle in an extremely well publicised romance in a fantasy magazine for women.

Do these two have the same management by any chance?

Wasn't Chantelle recently on CBB spouting a load of clobbers about not knowing her ex would be on the show?

Nightly she was seen blubbing about the luv of her life, and within hours of leaving the CBB house she was doing a moody photoshoot with her ex, in the fantasy magazine for women.
  • Options
    cmwcmw Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    When Rav was on Strictly he came across as someone desperate to launch himself as a 'celeb'.

Now he's hooked up with Chantelle in an extremely well publicised romance in a fantasy magazine for women.

Do these two have the same management by any chance?

Wasn't Chantelle recently on CBB spouting a load of clobbers about not knowing her ex would be on the show?

Nightly she was seen blubbing about the luv of her life, and within hours of leaving the CBB house she was doing a moody photoshoot with her ex, in the fantasy magazine for women.

No they don't have the same management, they met through mutual friends. Preston made it clear he had no interest in Chantelle so what was she supposed to do, sit at home feeling sorry for herself or pick herself up and get on with her life. As for Rav, just because he did Strictly how does that make him desperate to want to launch himself as a 'celeb'?:mad: