Have you ever fallen in love with a perfume after one whiff?

Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just flicking through my daughter's Glamour magazine and there was a sample of a perfume I've never heard of.

Narciso Rodriguez - For Her.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

It's utterly divine.

I've just ordered some online, cost me about £75 with p & p.

Doesn't happen often to me but this is just beautiful.

Comments

• morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes. Too many to mention (I do love a nice scent) but the latest wowee moment is "Van Cleef and Arpels.....Feerie"

Swoon (Hits the deck :o)
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sensuous - Estee Lauder. The only one I wear now, my signature scent! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    i KNEW you were gonna say that perfume as i have also fallen in love with it from Glamour magazine, hopefully i will get it for Xmas...
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    I agree with you OP Narciso Rodriguez - For Her is one of the most beautiful, seductive fragrances I've ever smelt, I bought it right after trying it and I always have a bottle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might go and buy glamour just to smell this!
  • LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    Might go and buy glamour just to smell this!

Me too! :D
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol honestly you should.

I can't stop smelling the sample (brought it to work with me) and can't wait for the bottle to arrive :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    its gorgeous and im glad someone thinks the same, also great that its not massively common!
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    Thanks to this thread I've just splashed out on the body lotion, I love layering perfume!
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf. Divine.:)
  • broonalebroonale Posts: 5,470
    Forum Member

Oh yes!!!! I luuurrve that one. Keep meaning to go get some too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member

Yep, this is all over my OH's Xmas list personally its Acqua Di Parma Toscana for me
  • Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never actually smelt this cologne but apparently it's AMAZING.

Tom Ford - Lime Azure
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    sixtynine wrote: »
    Sensuous - Estee Lauder. The only one I wear now, my signature scent! :)

Estee Lauder always smells like cats pee on me :(

Last perfume I smelled that made me go wow was the Jasmine Bulgari. Price nearly gave me a heart attack (and that was duty free price too) but Costco were selling it cheap this week ($46/£29). So, I've bought a huge bottle for the kids to give me for Xmas.
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloegin wrote: »
    Estee Lauder always smells like cats pee on me :(

Last perfume I smelled that made me go wow was the Jasmine Bulgari. Price nearly gave me a heart attack (and that was duty free price too) but Costco were selling it cheap this week ($46/£29). So, I've bought a huge bottle for the kids to give me for Xmas.

I know what you mean about Estee Lauder, back in the 80's (showing my age now) I used to be smothered in Youth Dew or Cinnabar. I cannot abide to be near anyone in Youth Dew these days. However, I did buy some Cinnabar a few weeks ago for the first time since then.

Even though people say how lovely it smells, I can't wear it, it makes me feel physically sick :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so gutted that I didnt like it! Although they did have a BOSS men one, which i've always loved (dam my boyfriend never using aftershave) so i'm just smelling that

and the free nail polish was a double bonus!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Yes. As soon as I smelled Ralph Lauren Glamorous I loved it! Normally I'm always trying to decide on whether or not to buy a perfume but I knew I liked this one right away.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I fell in love with Armarni She when it first came out it is the only perfume that I have kept buying and not gone off. The others like Jean Paul Gaultier I still like but it became so popular that I was starting to get put off wearing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    yea the first time i smelled Lolita Lempicka - L i fell in love with it. still love it. smells AMAZING! x
  • JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    Is this the edition with Kristen Stewart on the front? I'll buy the mag to smell the perfume if it's still available.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    lol honestly you should.

I can't stop smelling the sample (brought it to work with me) and can't wait for the bottle to arrive :D

Just got the nasrciso rorigues sample out of my glamour mag after reading this.

The fragrance is really nice and reminds me a bit of johnsons baby shampoo for some reason lol.

(also got a great nail's inc nail varnish with mag) :D
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I bough some Tom Ford eye shadows and they sprayed Tom Ford- Black Orchid on the wrapping paper and was love at first sniff. I couldn't believe how good it smelled.
    Black Orchid is from Tom Ford's generic line so the price is Ok.

My cousin was not so lucky she feel in love with Tom Fords new perfume Jasmin Rouge, only to find out that the cheapest bootle costs £120. She says she cannot stop thinking about it, that it's is her perfect smell , and now would not even consider buying anything else, and that's a problem, because she cannot splash £120 on this one.
  • goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    Yes. Many years ago, and it was an oriental one only available in Harrods.

Unfortunately it didn't reign long. Unsurprising really that it didn't, considering it was called "Ming".
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I really love this perfume called Harajuku Lovers... I think it's a Gwen Stefanni one:o my mum got me some for Christmas last year and I've asked her to get me some more this year... I read somewhere that they['re aimed at young children though:o
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gwen-Stefani-Harajuku-Lovers-Toilette/dp/B0044175GS/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1321657181&sr=8-22
    That's the one I like:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for Flowerbomb here, also Miss Dior Cherie which is very similar.