Mods deleting 'silly' threads

jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Um, can mods be a little less zealous in deleting these, i.e. the Damien thread that just got zapped, it was actually descending into vaguely sensible conversation :p even if it isn't it's sometimes nice to just have some silly pointlessness round here :o.

Comments

• Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Delete may be a bit over zealous. That's what Chatter is for. And that's why we have Billy.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    Um, can mods be a little less zealous in deleting these, i.e. the Damien thread that just got zapped, it was actually descending into vaguely sensible conversation :p even if it isn't it's sometimes nice to just have some silly pointlessness round here :o.
    My fault, we got to discussing films, sorry!

I do like it when a thread occasionally ends up as more of a conversation evolving from a discussion ... on occasion at least, especially over this Christmas period I'd have thought a bit of leeway would have been allowed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Those types of threads belong in Chatter.

Billy isn't around to say it so I'll take his place :D
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    Sorry don't agree that no jokey threads should be allowed in here, would be very tedious & boring otherwise :(.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah I agree. We get a huge amount of wind ups on here but they often turn into good threads so no point deleting the whole thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »

Billy isn't around to say it so I'll take his place :D
    It wasn't moved to chatter though ;) It was deleted.
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry don't agree that no jokey threads should be allowed in here, would be very tedious & boring otherwise :(.

I posted on threads that I thought were not Chattery and I post there often :(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    It wasn't moved to chatter though ;) It was deleted.

Exactly :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway....

What's your favourite number? :p;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyway....

Zero, it's the most clever non number :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I think it needs to be written into the rules that 'a sense of humour will not be tolerated' as I seem to have fallen foul of this rule along with many others. It's one of the reasons forums start to wane once the fun gets sucked out of them.

Anyway, the member who posted the thread is banned now, so all is well in the world again.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZXPJyjUINc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it needs to be written into the rules that 'a sense of humour will not be tolerated' as I seem to have fallen foul of this rule along with many others. It's one of the reasons forums start to wane once the fun gets sucked out of them.

Anyway, the member who posted the thread is banned now, so all is well in the world again.

I sucked all the helium out of the balloons and spoke like an idot:p

Edit

I was being honest about my daughters birthday balloons for her 21st, we both had a laugh after sucking the air out
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah shit, I made a contribution to the Damien thread. It was dead good an' all. :(

My efforts were wasted. At least it will be Easter soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably PBUs anyway.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mods didn't delete it, satan burnt it.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Disagree.

Just because you find sensible debates and discussions boring it doesn't mean the rest of us do.

This sort of shit belongs in chatter for a reason - so that people that aren't interested can avoid it. The reverse is true too, why don't you go straight to 'Chatter' and ignore GD if you find it so boring? :confused:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Damn. I missed an Omen thread?
  • IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    Anyway....

2^57,885,161 − 1. That's currently the largest known prime, and is 17,425,170 digits long.
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member

The poster got banned for starting a thread...... why :confused:
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    The poster got banned for starting a thread...... why :confused:

They PM'd "taunting" messages to other FMs. It is clear they were a PBU. I guess the mods were informed and banned HER.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

err....I hesitate to suggest this, but do we not already have an abundant supply ? (he whispered, nervously)
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    They PM'd "taunting" messages to other FMs. It is clear they were a PBU. I guess the mods were informed and banned HER.

Ah, that makes more sense, thanks :-)

Erm, what's a PBU. :confused::blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    Ah, that makes more sense, thanks :-)

Erm, what's a PBU. :confused::blush:
    Previously Banned User
    Forum Member