Options

Corrie Stars facing the axe?

Comments

• Options
    H♀LLY♂AKSH♀LLY♂AKS Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I think its a mistake to get rid of a few on that list. The Mortons haven't exactly been a hit and Corrie seems to have changed as a soap this past year. There was a time when its characters came first and the storylines came second. Now all they care about are the storylines and the ratings. The characters themselves are being forgotten about. EastEnders was like this for a few years but then changed its style and is now about its characters instead of the storylines. Corrie need to take a leaf out of their book and pull itself back together and stop looking for quick ratings fixes .
  • Options
    ianinclevelandianincleveland Posts: 21,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wont miss Kelly her character is awful and Tupeles acting leaves a lot to be desired as well.Joanne seems to have gone already.i wont miss Yana either.

Bill oguht to stay though when he left in 1985 Bill podmore the then street producer said thered be no way back for him as previously he said hed like to be in the show for yrs to come and was being groomed then as the next Len Fairclough,if he goes this time would probably be it as its his 3rd street stint.

Id also miss Amber,shes good.If they want to cut down on kids why not get shut of Ryan Connor played by a kid with no acting ability whatsoever
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheStreet wrote:
    If it's true (unlikely) then I'd be upset to see a few names in there go, particularly
    Bill, Amber and Wiki
    who I think are very strong characters right now. I also thought that the rumours about
    Jenny Platt (Violet)
    were false and a new contract had been signed. I'd hate for this character to go as well.
    Violet isn't due to leave till March next year.
  • Options
    Summa LovinSumma Lovin Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I think its a mistake to get rid of a few on that list. The Mortons haven't exactly been a hit and Corrie seems to have changed as a soap this past year. There was a time when its characters came first and the storylines came second. Now all they care about are the storylines and the ratings. The characters themselves are being forgotten about. EastEnders was like this for a few years but then changed its style and is now about its characters instead of the storylines. Corrie need to take a leaf out of their book and pull itself back together and stop looking for quick ratings fixes .

Totally true. At least someone around here talks sense.

What will be the point of Dev without Amber? if anything it just proves that a taken Asian he is.
  • Options
    kindguykindguy Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Corrie needs to get rid of some of the deadwood just like they did with nathan and that baker!
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kindguy wrote:
    Corrie needs to get rid of some of the deadwood just like they did with nathan and that baker!
    Les, Yana, Kirk, Molly & Tyrone need to follow Sarah, Cilla, Jamie, Paul & Joanne out the door.

None have or will have any place in the show by the years end, with the exception of Kirk, a character who I believe has reached a natural end.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Jack and Vera should go too IMO - the same tired stories rehashed every three months - when they make their rare appearances
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Vera Should Go Because She Has An Illness Is Affecting Her Acting!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dev should go - obvious why - shite actor
    Our Rosie
    Vernon - never likd him as Tricky Dicky and this character is just too painful to watch

maybe they should all perish in the legendary supermarket that is Frescos
  • Options
    junglejuicejunglejuice Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, not Yana!
  • Options
    PIDGASPIDGAS Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Morons should go along with Vernon.

The character of Amber started as very promising but hasn't had much to do for ages. She could be developed.

Les should go when Cilla leaves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    Why Amber? And Bill's only just arrived.......

Dont mind about any of the others.
  • Options
    TaffycwmruTaffycwmru Posts: 9,304
    Forum Member
    I'd be happy to see the back of all those mentioned in that spoiler.
    Especially Jamie and Amber.
  • Options
    TheStreetTheStreet Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Violet isn't due to leave till March next year.

I thought it was a new contract signed until March - doesn't necessarily mean she'll leave after that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wiki and Amber don't deserve to go, I think.
  • Options
    davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't miss Kelly - she's a total caricature and looks like Big Bird's sister.

They are actually starting to get Vernon right - giving him a little bit of a sympathetic edge with Liz cheating on him is a step towards making him likeable. Bear in mind with Jack's lessening role as he gets older, we need a loveable layabout (not Les - layabout yes, loveable no).

It would seem pointless bringing Bill back just to axe him so quickly - especially since he's taking over the builders yard.

Yana is another hideous caricature we can do without.

Violet and Amber are woefully underused.

Wouldn't miss the rest.
  • Options
    lumpbottomlumpbottom Posts: 18,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I was handed the Corrie chopper it would hack out Vernon, Deirdre, Claire, Sally,Rosie, David, Carla and Paul (who'll be gone shortly anyway).
    Liz and Leanne would be left hanging by a thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    lumpbottom wrote:
    If I was handed the Corrie chopper it would hack out Vernon, Deirdre, Claire, Sally,Rosie, David, Carla and Paul (who'll be gone shortly anyway).

Sally, Rosie, David, Carla, Paul & Leanne are some very popular characters, arent they?

David's a street classic, whats wrong with him ?!...
  • Options
    TheStreetTheStreet Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    lumpbottom wrote:

I wouldn't give you the chopper then. Deirdre?? Sally??? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xmsradx wrote:
    Sally, Rosie, David, Carla, Paul & Leanne are some very popular characters, arent they?

David's a street classic, whats wrong with him ?!...

What's right with him?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lumpbottom wrote:

And yet you'd keep the likes of Les, Cilla and Janice (I actually like Janice but I know many who don't), Molly and Kirk etc...

I guess you just picked 10 names from a hat??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Will miss Jenny Platt - She is very beautiful in her own way
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amber is brilliant. It's stupid to axe her. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Surely they can't have 70 regular cast members? That must be an exaggeration?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malik24 wrote:
    And yet you'd keep the likes of Les, Cilla and Janice (I actually like Janice but I know many who don't), Molly and Kirk etc...

I guess you just picked 10 names from a hat??
    No I picked the ones that bore/annoy/depress/infuriate me.