Ordinary Lies - BBC1, Tuesdays at 9pm

Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up.

I really enjoyed this weeks episode and am looking forward to the rest of the series.
    FM Lover wrote: »

Lord knows how anyone could possibly swallow that many bags of drugs, they were huge:o

I couldnt believe how big the capsules were :o:o

There is NO WAY I could have swallowed them (I have trouble with a single Nurofen :blush:) and they only had what looked like half a glass of water to get them down :o
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...............I know it's tv and primarily meant as entertainment, but would the customs officers in DR not have checked when Viv arrived and looked on the passenger lists and connected Tracy's possible involvement too?...............

Presumably whoever was behind it all was in the habit of booking separate tickets.
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    mel_drew wrote: »
    And the old soap actors playing pretty much themselves don't really help the illusion.
    For those of us who don't watch soaps, these people are new faces to our screens. No baggage, no connections with other characters. It was well done, like last week's - watchable, not going to set the world alight in terms of acting, writing & production values but good watchable tv for a Tuesday night. I'm enjoying it.
  • robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    I really enjoyed last night's episode more than last week's

Good story there, just goes to show you what some people will do just to be able to afford the better things in life.

Lord knows how anyone could possibly swallow that many bags of drugs, they were huge:o

Thought Michelle did a great job and now looking forward to next Tuesday.

yep I thought she did ok too. Mind you, apart from the drugs - mule bit (obvs) it did seem she was almost playing herself in real life. Half expected mark wright to pop up in the over-staffed car showroom!! ;-)
  • RobbomanRobboman Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched both episodes last night and enjoyed very much. I'm not one to have prejudged ideas about actors, their performance or worry about any small plot holes.

I like the setup, I like the actors, I like the format, so I'm in for the full series.
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    For those of us who don't watch soaps, these people are new faces to our screens. No baggage, no connections with other characters. It was well done, like last week's - watchable, not going to set the world alight in terms of acting, writing & production values but good watchable tv for a Tuesday night. I'm enjoying it.

Mackenzie Crooks is a new name to me
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »

Not a fan of 'The Office' then, I take it? He is the only one I had heard of (although I am sure I have seen Jason M. before, just haven't registered the name.)

I expect MC will have his own story at some point, but a bit surprised he has been given nothing at all to do in the first 2 episodes.
  • RobbomanRobboman Posts: 848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan of 'The Office' then, I take it?

Or Pirates Of The Caribbean?
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robboman wrote: »
    Or Pirates Of The Caribbean?

No, and not really
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Don't you think being offered free holidays and a large amount of cash might have given them a clue about what they were going to do?

One note, yes, but I had a strong sense of "Look at me, I'm acting" all the way through.

Agree with both of you didn't really have any sympathy for her and I don't think she's a very good actress just seems capable of one type of character would prefer to see her in something that tests her maybe historical or where she's not just the "pretty but gobby woman in her early 20s".
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I'm still most interested in Jo Joyner's character, which is a pain because I bet her episode is the final one.
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Detectorists?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Detectorists?
    The Office, Pirates of the Carribean, The Detectorists, Demons, Game of Thrones...

Stop wasting time with all these small unknown shows no one has ever heard of, he was the star of the classic British comedy film Sex Lives of the Potato Men.

There, sorted. 😄
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    The Office, Pirates of the Carribean, The Detectorists, Demons, Game of Thrones...

Stop wasting time with all these small unknown shows no one has ever heard of, he was the star of the classic British comedy film Sex Lives of the Potato Men.

There, sorted. 😄

What makes your time so valuable? And if it is, wot ya doin' on 'ere?
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another episode that did a good job of holding the attention span.

I think Sally Lindsay's very underrated and so I'm particularly looking forward to some dramatic stuff in Kathy's story :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Umm, on my phone there was a smiley face after sorted...which seems to have to have been lost in translation.

Even without it I would have thought my choice of "classic" film would have shown the humourous nature of the post.

Guess not enough to get past you default level of aggression...unless your post suffered form a disappearing smiley too...
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    So Marty managed to keep his job after what happened last week and no repercussions?
    I was surprised about that too, I thought there be some scorn/plain face treatment towards him. No mention of the situation apart from him apologising to the red-haired woman for stringing her along. Everything else seemed back to normal.
    Pretzel wrote: »
    I preferred last weeks story. This seemed especially far fetched and whilst Michelle Keegan did a serviceable job I couldn't forget that it was her (if that makes sense?).

Yeah it does, I'm surprised at all the posts about her as I didn't think she did a bad job but it wasn't anything great either, as you say it could have been anyone else of that cast doing the same role.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    I was surprised about that too, I thought there be some scorn/plain face treatment towards him. No mention of the situation apart from him apologising to the red-haired woman for stringing her along. Everything else seemed back to normal.
    I would assume that his actions were put down to a nervous breakdown, and that tends to lead to friends and colleagues doing everything they can never to bring it up in conversation ever again. Certainly not in his earshot anyway.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched 2nd ep. It was ok but nothing more. Couldn't understand how marty kept his job after what he did considering he was on a final warning. anyone know what the ratings were for 2nd ep?
  • Kat 68Kat 68 Posts: 426
    Forum Member

It's called humour. Lighten up a bit:)
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a depressing episode this week was. Not much comedy tonight which was a shame.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Watched 2nd ep. It was ok but nothing more. Couldn't understand how marty kept his job after what he did considering he was on a final warning. anyone know what the ratings were for 2nd ep?

Ratings for last night's offering were up from 4.6 to 5m. It's quite unusual for a new drama series to actually improve upon their opening night, so kudos to 'Ordinary Lies'.

I enjoyed last night's episode more than the opener as it was a more engaging and dramatic storyline. I think Michelle Keegan did a fine job at playing Tracy. She wasn't that dissimilar from Tina McIntyre to be fair but she was a lively and engaging presence who did really well in carrying that episode.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was a joke. The poster was joking.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat 68 wrote: »
    It's called humour. Lighten up a bit:)

I enjoyed seeing Kathy listening at the door with that huge dog!
  • MichPlatMichPlat Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ratings for last night's offering were up from 4.6 to 5m. It's quite unusual for a new drama series to actually improve upon their opening night, so kudos to 'Ordinary Lies'.

I enjoyed last night's episode more than the opener as it was a more engaging and dramatic storyline. I think Michelle Keegan did a fine job at playing Tracy. She wasn't that dissimilar from Tina McIntyre to be fair but she was a lively and engaging presence who did really well in carrying that episode.

I would also add that Michelle Keegan is probably the best looking female on TV these days ;)