Options

Christopher has been confronting Helen from the beginning. No-one noticed!!

Comments

• Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    I agree, which is why it hacks me off when people say he's a fence sitter.

He's shown more balls than most of them together.

Christopher has ALWAYS had courage in his convictions and will speak up if he thinks somethings not right.

He called Helen (and Pauline) on thier behaviour very early on but it was overlooked.

Truth be told, he's the only one who has TRUELY challenged Helen in that house.

He hasn't gone to pods and DR to bitch. He does it to thier face.

Christopher to win - the most sincere, honest and courgous person in that house.

It's similar to the Rachel Rice situation. She's constantly branded a fence-sitter, and accused of not speaking her mind, etc. I seem to remember her being one of the only ones to stand up to Alexandra during Chipgate, despite clearly being intimidated, to name but one occasion.

People like Christopher and Rachel are easy targets for the "boring fence sitter" brush simply because they're quieter, don't go looking for conflict, and don't shout their opinions. Hopefully, Christoper can follow Rachel's footsteps and win. :D
  • Options
    sandy_53sandy_53 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Excellent post. Christopher to win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waaaaaaaaaaay back when Matthew was still in the house, Day 19 or 20 - Christopher confronts Helen about her behavior and tells her that she gets too angry and she can't go round telling other people what to think or who to side with.

Christopher: "Helen - you should not get angry about something so trivial. You need to let other people think for themselves. You can't tell me what (Matthew) is and what he isn't. It's up to me to figure that out. I don't need you to tell me what he is and isn't - I will decide for myself. I can decide if he's my mate. I don't need to take [your opinion] onboard."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Ls3D0dnW0

Now imagine if Christopher went at Helen all guns blazing and calling her names, sinking to her level and using profanities, then I imagine we'd all remember it and Christopher would be championed as The One Who Confronted Helen. But because he confronted her diplomatically, fairly and without raising his voice or making a screen-time stealing fuss, his confronting of Helen in the early days of the series have been largely forgotten.

And all this was before any of the tasks that gave them outside information, long, long before any new housemates, even before the Murder Detective Winston task where all the Helen and Ashleigh stuff kicked off.

So can we please put to bed the myth that 1) No-one confronted Helen over her behavior in the early days 2) Christopher never confronted Helen 3) Ashleigh is the only one to confront Helen.

You don't need to shout and swear at people or demean them or call them names to confront them.

Christopher to win :)

Well said Daisy :) He has stood his ground a few times but as others have said he doesn't do it in a nasty way, he does it in a very diplomatic and level headed way.

• Options
    Sarahmonial2Sarahmonial2 Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waaaaaaaaaaay back when Matthew was still in the house, Day 19 or 20 - Christopher confronts Helen about her behavior and tells her that she gets too angry and she can't go round telling other people what to think or who to side with.

Christopher: "Helen - you should not get angry about something so trivial. You need to let other people think for themselves. You can't tell me what (Matthew) is and what he isn't. It's up to me to figure that out. I don't need you to tell me what he is and isn't - I will decide for myself. I can decide if he's my mate. I don't need to take [your opinion] onboard."

Now imagine if Christopher went at Helen all guns blazing and calling her names, sinking to her level and using profanities, then I imagine we'd all remember it and Christopher would be championed as The One Who Confronted Helen. But because he confronted her diplomatically, fairly and without raising his voice or making a screen-time stealing fuss, his confronting of Helen in the early days of the series have been largely forgotten.

And all this was before any of the tasks that gave them outside information, long, long before any new housemates, even before the Murder Detective Winston task where all the Helen and Ashleigh stuff kicked off.

So can we please put to bed the myth that 1) No-one confronted Helen over her behavior in the early days 2) Christopher never confronted Helen 3) Ashleigh is the only one to confront Helen.

You don't need to shout and swear at people or demean them or call them names to confront them.

Well said.
    I know!!Where on earth did that whole fence-sitter thing come from???

I think it came (unfairly) from Mark, I recall him saying something about splinters in Christopher's arse from fence sitting.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant post Daisy. Christopher to win.;-):)
  • Options
    bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Xmas has the intelligence to confront, criticize and berate helen without it escalating to a screaming match.

He's done it thru the season and i think viewers missed it, especially those who dont understand anything but Helen's form of fighting

Even when Pauline was in the house, he confronted her more then once about how he would NOT choose sides and he could talk to anyone he wanted to in the house. THATs how all that xmas bashing and Fencesitter mocking came about.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Christopher and agree with all the points about his character but he is older than Ashleigh, has lived away from home and has more life experience. No comparison would be fair.
    Ashleigh describes him in tonight's show as a phenomenal man and that's pretty accurate. There is no need to denigrate his friends in the house to make him look good, he does not need it and would not like it. Its not his style. if he or Ashleigh wins, its win win. for me.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Christopher has dealth with the most (of the remaining hms).

Sure Ashleigh has had Helen to deal with (plus sometimes her possy, I don't take tht away from her), but lots of hms have had Helen to deal with at different intervals, inc Christopher himself. And on top of Helen had Pauline first at the start (the only hm that Helen would never go against given she got the pass from her) he's had other hms nip pick at him and Mark playing mind games with him too. He's had to stand up for himself in there for majority of the time and also stood up for others. If that's not a (he comes the cliche) journey, then what is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant post Daisy. Yesss Christopher to win:D:D
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's similar to the Rachel Rice situation. She's constantly branded a fence-sitter, and accused of not speaking her mind, etc. I seem to remember her being one of the only ones to stand up to Alexandra during Chipgate, despite clearly being intimidated, to name but one occasion.

People like Christopher and Rachel are easy targets for the "boring fence sitter" brush simply because they're quieter, don't go looking for conflict, and don't shout their opinions. Hopefully, Christoper can follow Rachel's footsteps and win. :D

Absolutely. Christopher reminds me so much of Rachel Rice (both of my favourite housemates). They will stand up for what they believe in but wouldn't resort to insults and attacks to do it. They were/are both very fair and diplomatic.

The fence sitter tag is absolute and utter rubbish and those who say it, know it's rubbish too.

Christopher to win!
  • Options
    LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree with everything said on here. He has never sat there and just taken the abuse that has has been relentlessly thrown at him. He's a really sweet genuine man with a brilliant ability to remain unphased by personal insults. As much as I love Ashleigh, she definitely takes things too personally. Which is fair, because it must be hard not to in there. But in terms of Helen and her cronies, Christopher has maintained his dignity while still standing up to them. Considering the rest of them in there, that's very refreshing.

Christopher has to win. Would be a crying shame if he didn't.
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christopher may not be the most popular on forums, but I reckon that he will pick up the majority
    of casual votes. Should be top 3 in any case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy hearing Christopher speak up and stand his ground. He really does it in a dignified and un-cowed fashion. He's too nice to ever get really vicious. Though I think his summation of Helen's behaviour in the Judge Judy task was pretty incisive and probably came as close to being seriously cutting as we will ever see him be.
  • Options
    ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes Christopher annoys me so much I feel I'll spontaneously combust, but I think he's a good winner and I'll be happy if he gets the crown. I don't think I can remember even once when he was mean or rude to anyone in there. That's rare. Even the others I like quite a lot have all had their turn being assholes!

Christopher lowest moment was allowing himself to be attacked by that horror called Pauline. Making him cry like that was so awful and I hope she's ashamed of herself.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    Absolutely. Christopher reminds me so much of Rachel Rice (both of my favourite housemates). They will stand up for what they believe in but wouldn't resort to insults and attacks to do it. They were/are both very fair and diplomatic.

The fence sitter tag is absolute and utter rubbish and those who say it, know it's rubbish too.

Christopher to win!

I was so perplexed by the fence-sitter thing that I went and did some investigating. Seems it originated when Helen was shouting about Danielle about religion. Christopher was offended but didn't say anything at the time but seems to talk about it to some housemates when things had calmed down. Kim warned Christopher that some people in the house saw him as a fence-sitter, something Helen then re-enforced. Here's the vid where he explains why he didn't add to the row:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIV7kyJv3ck

But apart from that....I had to search several videos before I found this one. My GOD...they started picking on Christopher after about 4 days in the house. Opening chickpeas and not putting the yoghurt away quick enough are his first crimes and shortly afterwards, Toya and Pauline are actively recruiting for the anti-Christopher gang.>:(

It's not until you watch the early weeks back that you realise what a dreadful campaign against him that was.:o
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But apart from that....I had to search several videos before I found this one. My GOD...they started picking on Christopher after about 4 days in the house. Opening chickpeas and not putting the yoghurt away quick enough are his first crimes and shortly afterwards, Toya and Pauline are actively recruiting for the anti-Christopher gang.>:(

It's not until you watch the early weeks back that you realise what a dreadful campaign against him that was.:o

I remember that. Bloody ridiculous. :(

Christopher was segregated from the off. He was public enemy no1.

Toya does seem to have changed her tune on twitter though. She is supporting both Ashleigh and Christopher and has openly said she regrets nominating Christopher.

I think she probably realised this not long after her rows with Winston, Marlon and Ash. She realised who the decent people in the house were.

Still don't like her though. Her treatment of Christopher was awful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christopher has had to come through so much, right from the beginning. Toya and Pauline were vicious to him. He's done really well, and still manages to smile and have fun.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member

Amazing post and yes Christopher to win.:)
  • Options
    Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad for Christopher. In an awful series full of awful characters he stands well above everyone. Full of integrity and fairness. Just watched that clip in the OP and sighed at the end when after all that well meaning advice Christopher gave to Helen was chucked back in face with a snidey ...'well I don't care what you say or think coz I don't hold you to the same esteem as Mark'.... sums the series up for me.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    ollieyork wrote: »
    Christopher has had to come through so much, right from the beginning. Toya and Pauline were vicious to him. He's done really well, and still manages to smile and have fun.
    Absolutely. It baffles me when people say that Ashleigh has had a harder time than anyone else in the house.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member

Agreed :) Christopher has always quietly yet fairly stated his opinions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Absolutely. It baffles me when people say that Ashleigh has had a harder time than anyone else in the house.

I know! Christopher had such a hard time, and he never lost his smile or threatened to walk. He's the real winner even if Ashleigh takes it, and I hope he feels like one.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fab post, Daisy. I came late to BB but Christopher, from what I've seen of him on BB, has an inate decency about him and has always shown such grace under even the most intense pressure.

Would love to see him win and it's really nice to read so much agreement about him on this thread. :cool:
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    Well said OP.
    And the truth is Ashleigh had NEVER actually confronted Helen about anything up untill the point the focus group said she was popular for doing so.
    Whereas others like Christopher, Winston & Mark had all pulled Helen up on her behavior before that.
    But of course this doesn't fit the narrative ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ultros wrote: »
    Well said OP.
    And the truth is Ashleigh had NEVER actually confronted Helen about anything up untill the point the focus group said she was popular for doing so.
    Whereas others like Christopher, Winston & Mark had all pulled Helen up on her behavior before that.
    But of course this doesn't fit the narrative ;-)

Well said.