Options

Mother locks her two children in bedroom so she can live with paedophile

gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"Two young sisters are being locked inside an alarmed bedroom at night to protect them from their mother’s paedophile husband – and social workers say it’s fine.

The authorities have astonishingly given the go-ahead to the monstrous plan the mum dreamed up so she can sleep with their vile stepfather.

The convicted abuser, once jailed for attacking a girl under 13, has now been allowed to move in with her and the *children – also both under 13.

And among other ‘safety’ factors believed to have been taken into account in a shocking official report was that the *paedophile would have to climb over the mum from his side of the bed to get to the girls – and would therefore wake her up.

County council officials who rubber-stamped the decision were also happy that the imprisoned children could use a baby monitor to call for their mother if they needed to be let out to go to the toilet.

They allowed the child abuser to move in only a few months after describing him as a “continuing risk” to the girls.

Details of the decision emerged after the children’s worried grandmother contacted the Sunday Mirror over her fears for their safety. She said: “The alarm and the other so-called precautions to stop my granddaughters being abused are a load of rubbish.

“Since learning my daughter’s new husband was a paedophile I’ve tried to express my concerns to social *services.

“I’m appalled this man was allowed to move into the family home with my granddaughters. Other family members also feel their concerns are being ignored.

“It feels like my granddaughters are isolated and at risk. Social services don’t seem to want to listen to me.

“It’s heartbreaking, but I have to keep fighting this for the sake of the girls.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-locks-young-girls-bedroom-5546343

What is this mother playing at? Why be in a relationship with a paedophile and put your kids near him? It is a disgrace the council have allowed him to live under the same roof as kids. I thought paedophiles were banned from living with children.

Comments

• Options
    Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this mother playing at? Why be in a relationship with a paedophile and put your kids near him?

It wouldn't surprise me if we find out how it worked out later this year on the Jeremy Kyle show. What a stupid woman.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    If something should happen to those children then I guess we'll get the same old 'lessons have been learned' excuse.

' social workers say it’s fine' ...

And if they were your kids?
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find this entire story extremely difficult to believe.

Typically the Mirror article describes him as 'a Paedophile' but his conviction was for "attacking a girl under 13". That doesn't necessarily make him a Paedophile.

And if he does indeed have previous child sex offences.....who in their right mind thinks offences like that are only ever committed during the night? :confused:
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »

Typically the Mirror article describes him as 'a Paedophile' but his conviction was for "attacking a girl under 13". That doesn't necessarily make him a Paedophile.

And if he does indeed have previous child sex offences.....who in their right mind thinks offences like that are only ever committed during the night? :confused:

BIB Exactly what i was thinking, what happens to the children during day time hour's, they maybe at school but what about the school holiday's. Does this so called mother realize that Paedophile's don't clock on and off to abuse children. Children have been removed from home's for less than this, they should be removed and if possible live with the grandmother, as it's clear the mother isnt concerned about there safety.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    even disregarding the sexual safety of the children, locking them in a bedroom at night is an obvious hazard that i cannot imagine would be let past if it were the idea of a parent in other circumstances.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member

The Mirror should be proud. It's fast catching up to The Fail.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    The Mirror should be proud. It's fast catching up to The Fail.
    It's always been a rag mag comic and The Fail....or Daily Sleaze as i call it is just an extremist right wing tacky trash version which has a peculiar obsession about the value of property people live in, the brand names of cars standing outside or their income levels.

I don't find this report credible at all.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's always been a rag mag comic and The Fail....or Daily Sleaze as i call it is just an extremist right wing tacky trash version which has a peculiar obsession about the value of property people live in, the brand names of cars standing outside or their income levels.

I don't find this report credible at all.

I doubt that the paper has made it up.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "pure quality, mate"
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It says in the article he is subject to a Sexual Offences Prevention order and has also had to sign the Sex Offenders register, which, for me at least, certainly suggests a sexual element to his criminal behaviour.

While I certainly don't think the mirror have basically made this up out of thin air, like most newspaper articles in any paper, we're probably not being told the whole story.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I simply don't believe it. It is too preposterous to be given any credulity. There are probably numerous pertinent details they have left out.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I simply don't believe it. It is too preposterous to be given any credulity. There are probably numerous pertinent details they have left out.

If it is like they have said and there's nothing else to it, the decision to let him live with her when she has two daughters, if they're underage/before they've reached puberty, is absolutely insane!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says in the article he is subject to a Sexual Offences Prevention order and has also had to sign the Sex Offenders register, which, for me at least, certainly suggests a sexual element to his criminal behaviour.

While I certainly don't think the mirror have basically made this up out of thin air, like most newspaper articles in any paper, we're probably not being told the whole story.

The quote below from the article says that he's been convicted of child sex offences.
    The mother told social workers she was fully aware of the paedophile’s past and that he had been a previous boyfriend in the Eighties. As a convicted child abuser he is subject to a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) which bans him from having unsupervised contact with under-16s. He also has to sign the Sex Offenders Register.
  • Options
    ParashootistParashootist Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Totally made up story. It's preposterous and the editor's clearly been watching too much of Theodore T-Bag Bagwell
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of hold does he have over her that she is willing to put her children at risk?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally made up story. It's preposterous and the editor's clearly been watching too much of Theodore T-Bag Bagwell

I don't know if a tabloid would totally make up a story like this. Maybe not give all the facts, but totally make a one up?
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can a woman put a filthy paedo before her own flesh and blood!??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of hold does he have over her that she is willing to put her children at risk?

I'm guessing the mother must be weak when it comes to how she feels about him.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Apart from the risk to her kids, how she can even have sex with a paedophile is beyond my comprehension.

The thought of a paedophile's hands touching my body turns my stomach.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the mother must be weak when it comes to how she feels about him.

I can well believe that, horrible though it is.

But I don't believe, especially given all the recent publicity about child abuse, that Social Services would sanction those arrangements.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can well believe that, horrible though it is.

But I don't believe, especially given all the recent publicity about child abuse, that Social Services would sanction those arrangements.

It does seem totally ridiculous when you think about how parents/mothers have probably had their child taken from them for less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem totally ridiculous when you think about how parents/mothers have probably had their child taken from them for less.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they are being blackmailed? Or someone thinks it's a way to keep him in a known location but TBH that would be trying to justify using someone's kids as the 'leash' which is several steps past even the most generous line that might be drawn.

Slightly unrelated, I note the article has a 'popular' side link list which includes something about women copying a cleavage boosting thing done by some cartoon character who absolutely doesn't look under-age at all because that is down to it being a cartoon and the particular style. Not that I'm making any kind of comparison with their sidebar and what gets hits on tabloid websites in general at all whatsoever...
  • Options
    edward_mckenzieedward_mckenzie Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    surely this is an example of leftie liberals going one step too far. Honestly a sex offenders rights over childrens rights? what on earth is going on.
  • Options
    ParashootistParashootist Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Hello Wake up world. Don't feed the mirror