Sky Sports Cricket Coverage 2014

Comments

• Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be if it involved Surrey, Sussex or Somerset...

As it's two northern counties they won't bother.

Yeah, cause if there's one problem with Sky Sports cricket coverage it's that they hate Yorkshire and the North! :D
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd the Northern County had been Lancashire they would have shown it.
  • Neil_HarrisNeil_Harris Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got the rights to the Zimbabwe Triangular Series?
  • Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd the Northern County had been Lancashire they would have shown it.

Not necessarily, remember they didn't show the reserve day of Lancashire's T20 quarter final.

Seems pretty obvious that this is down to logistics, with one OB truck and crew taken up with One-day series it's much easier to have to travel overnight from Chelmsford to Canterbury than it would be to travel from Leeds to Canterbury
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex2606 wrote: »
    Not necessarily, remember they didn't show the reserve day of Lancashire's T20 quarter final.

Seems pretty obvious that this is down to logistics, with one OB truck and crew taken up with One-day series it's much easier to have to travel overnight from Chelmsford to Canterbury than it would be to travel from Leeds to Canterbury

Actually yes the Lancashire love hasn't been there this summer.
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    Has anyone got the rights to the Zimbabwe Triangular Series?

Probably not check the betting site they might show it .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Knight is getting even worse. Just who does he know at @SkyCricket - Someone do the decent thing.
  • chrisr21chrisr21 Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Knight is getting even worse. Just who does he know at @SkyCricket - Someone do the decent thing.

A Cork and Knight commentary stint is the stuff of nightmares. And there have been plenty of them recently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amusing listening to him talk to the players who are miked up during the T20 games, because you get the impression a lot of them think he's annoying too :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick doesn't no how to be impartial where Warwickshire are concerned, even heard the commentators call him Mr Warwickshire in the past.

Nasser played for Essex but he isn't so bad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    chrisr21 wrote: »
    A Cork and Knight commentary stint is the stuff of nightmares. And there have been plenty of them recently.

No, the worst is Cork and the appalling Colvile (whose tedious Surrey bias is beyond parody).
    I think that Nick Knight has improved greatly this year.
  • MGBCTVMGBCTV Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mavreela wrote: »
    RLODC Quarter Finals on Sky next week (all on SS2 from 1:55pm):

Tuesday: Notts vs Derbys
    Thursday: Essex vs Warks
    Friday: Kent vs Glos

Yorks vs Durham will also be played on Thursday as a day game with a 10:30am start and not televised, I assume because of the lack of lights at Headingley.

Bother missed 2 of the matches as well recording the final quater final match. Well I am hoping it's recording. No blooming highlights.
    Forum Member
    Strauss is terrible in the presentation ceremony today mumbled a lot and didn't really ask good questions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont have Sky Sports - has Michael Vaughan moved to Sky? I know he has been on BBC TMS & CH5 (TV)
    Forum Member
    No Vaughan is Freelance but has worked for Sky during the T20 Blast.
  • ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vaughan is useless on Five's highlights and on TMS. Master of the blindingly obvious.

They need to get rid asap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick doesn't no how to be impartial where Warwickshire are concerned, even heard the commentators call him Mr Warwickshire in the past.

Nasser played for Essex but he isn't so bad

So did Knight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    ffa1 wrote: »
    Vaughan is useless on Five's highlights and on TMS. Master of the blindingly obvious.

They need to get rid asap.

Don't be ridiculous. He is one of the most perceptive analysts about. His discussion with Graeme Swann on England's ODI prospects was one of the best discussions on the game I've heard in a very long time. Far more interesting and constructive than the ridiculous nonsense curated by the idiot Colvile on Sky.
  • redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of pure interest who do posters think will be the next name dropped from the Sky 'A' team for test matches

Anyway for fun who you think should be and who you think will be?
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be Botham - the curmudgeonly old bore.
    However it will probably be the wonderful Michael Holding.
  • 1066simon1066simon Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Out of pure interest who do posters think will be the next name dropped from the Sky 'A' team for test matches

Anyway for fun who you think should be and who you think will be?

Hopefully Shane Warne, is he considered as part of the 'A' team?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Botham and Gower.

Botham come 4th day in a test, he is normally on about going for a round of golf on say 5, and hoping he gets a day off, he hasn't needed to mention that this summer.

Gower, basically nothing against him, but a sky have Ian Ward, who I would like to see as main host.

This next bone isn't so much the A list.

But I would get rid of Matt Floyd, as when he presents, t,hat is all he does is presents, so gets a wage for just saying hello. Here who is playing today, now let's head off to Dominic Cork and Paul Allot as an example, then at the end of day, a little chat with commentators' I bet he gets paid a bomb for that.
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Floyd has been doing some of the euro football on sky too.

Don't think much needs changing with the sky lot although it feels like there is less county stuff this year but maybe thats just my mind playing tricks with me?
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    It should be Botham - the curmudgeonly old bore.
    Botham...

Botham come 4th day in a test, he is normally on about going for a round of golf on say 5, and hoping he gets a day off, he hasn't needed to mention that this summer.

Definitely. I'm not sure he actually likes watching cricket and if it wasn't for his legendary status I think he'd have been binned years ago.