Options

Music channels

Comments

• Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    When have we ever seen any of these artists played? The 2 tracks I always see from them

Ace of Base - The Sign (had more than just that ONE song)
    Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom (again more than ONE song) and the fairly obvious Gala Freed from Desire (she had a follow up which never sees the light of day) one more i'll add to this remember T-Spoon Sex on the Beach? (that gets played as always) yet they had Tom's Party yet I have never seen that played! Come on tell me why is it those tracks they stick too and not others? (not you personally but it utterly baffles me the ARCHIVE is there USE IT! - MTV/Bauer)

Ace of Base - All That She Wants (Clubland only)
    Vengaboys - Megamix (Clubland only), Up & Down (Clubland only) Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom (The Vault & Old Clubland) , We're Going To Ibiza (The Vault & Old Clubland), We Like to Party (The Vault & Old Clubland) and Forever As One (Not dance but only on old Clubland and The Vault a few years ago).

The Vault had a selection of Aqua's videos earlier. Nice to see a change from endless repeats of crappy countdowns.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just found this out supposedly the producer of "106 and Park" on BET network has been suspended on making a "Blue Ivy" joke ..... Beyonce is reportedly not amused :o

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/bet-suspends-producer-blue-ivy-hair-joke-article-1.1919015

So from a channel that gave her an award the night before they manage to roll out a "joke" the next day on its sister station? Wow who at MTV/BET/Viacom controls these stations? (not a Beyonce fan) but this one you can definately call an #MTVFAIL :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    Vengaboys - Megamix (Clubland only), Up & Down (Clubland only) Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom (The Vault & Old Clubland) , We're Going To Ibiza (The Vault & Old Clubland), We Like to Party (The Vault & Old Clubland) and Forever As One (Not dance but only on old Clubland and The Vault a few years ago).

The Vault had a selection of Aqua's videos earlier. Nice to see a change from endless repeats of crappy countdowns.

All that she wants - has aired a few times on VH1, never seen beautiful life/cruel summer
    Vengaboys the songs you listed except boom boom have never seen light of day
    Aqua - Dr Jones/Barbie Girl (aired on Heat TV recently) ... something far wrong here! Definately seems very selective play going on here or just ashamed to play the other tracks :confused:
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asking a bit much for them to play some decent 90's music. When did that last happen?

Well I mean 90's poo still seems cheesy these days. There's some good 90's indie and Brit pop and dance even R&B.

Always the cheese getting played. The Hits use to offer great variety on there Classic hits weekends.

That was the days when you felt they put some effort in. These days it seems a constant loop of the same chart singles.
  • Options
    Declan_McGrath1Declan_McGrath1 Posts: 7,326
    Forum Member
    Talking of music channels crashing 4 music crashed a few months back they were showing the top 50 dance music videos of all time. and an advert crashed into a song and there was a blank screen for half an hour.:D
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When have we ever seen any of these artists played? The 2 tracks I always see from them

Ace of Base - The Sign (had more than just that ONE song)
    Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom (again more than ONE song) and the fairly obvious Gala Freed from Desire (she had a follow up which never sees the light of day) one more i'll add to this remember T-Spoon Sex on the Beach? (that gets played as always) yet they had Tom's Party yet I have never seen that played! Come on tell me why is it those tracks they stick too and not others? (not you personally but it utterly baffles me the ARCHIVE is there USE IT! - MTV/Bauer)

You can't expect them to play random top 40 hits from 20 years ago that only a handful of people remember. People will not watch. They have to play safe, just the same as commercial radio. 99 people out of 100 who remember "Sex On The Beach" would not remember "Tom's Party".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I mean 90's poo still seems cheesy these days. There's some good 90's indie and Brit pop and dance even R&B.

Always the cheese getting played. The Hits use to offer great variety on there Classic hits weekends.

That was the days when you felt they put some effort in. These days it seems a constant loop of the same chart singles.

They don't even play the proper cheesy stuff, it's now all the same mainstream pop from 1998-2004 and everyone else gets left out. There's loads of cheesy and non-cheesy pop they could play from the 90s and 00s that would probably be great o certain channels.

Where's Captain Jack, DJ Bobo, Betty Boo, Passion Fruit, BWO, Alphabeat, A* Teens, Mika, Hermes House Band, Scissor Sisters, Robbie Williams (old stuff), Take That (old stuff)?

I have a few playlists on YouTube where I've separated Dance, 90s & 00s Music (mainly cheesy pop), a music mix mainly full of rock and metal and other music full of modern videos I like that never get played.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHeUxWluUMAhwx2pciFec3TFjxVJqJU_Z
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if similar to Clubland if the viewers had more control would we see more half decent tracks on or back to square 1?

I'll add this - I heard Ottawan - D.I.S.C.O on BBC Radio 2 (this song use to always get played on VH1/VH1 Classic), was thinking to myself today I ain't seen that video been played on VH1 in ages (yet they always played it on their disco nights - not the ones they buggered up) again the good old days where these songs got you going and you could take a bit of a laugh at what was worn back then - now if songs like this get played they just speak about more of what was worn then and how "shameful" it is. I'll add this and we mentioned this a while ago but it too got me thinking when VH1 use to play Gary Glitter and how quick they got rid of him of his playlists yet stars of today seems to be do wrong we keep you on play (surely they should be reviewing artists and say temporary abandon airplay until such time ie court case then resume? I just find that is also strange!)

Well, we'd see less of their favourite tracks for sure.

I think Vintage play that?

Chris Brown and the like are considered so bad that they are good to put on TV.

He's basically a thug who should never see the light of day.

Cartoon heroes by Aqua:D
    Just found this out supposedly the producer of "106 and Park" on BET network has been suspended on making a "Blue Ivy" joke ..... Beyonce is reportedly not amused :o

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/bet-suspends-producer-blue-ivy-hair-joke-article-1.1919015

So from a channel that gave her an award the night before they manage to roll out a "joke" the next day on its sister station? Wow who at MTV/BET/Viacom controls these stations? (not a Beyonce fan) but this one you can definately call an #MTVFAIL :D

All that fuss because of that comment. Soon we won't be able to speak.

It's ok for Jay-z to be racist and Beyonce to be sexist though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All that she wants - has aired a few times on VH1, never seen beautiful life/cruel summer
    Vengaboys the songs you listed except boom boom have never seen light of day
    Aqua - Dr Jones/Barbie Girl (aired on Heat TV recently) ... something far wrong here! Definately seems very selective play going on here or just ashamed to play the other tracks :confused:

Cruel Summer occasionally on MTV Classic

Blur was on Vintage earlier :D

They certainly don't put much effort in these days. You watch one channel and you've watched 15.
    Talking of music channels crashing 4 music crashed a few months back they were showing the top 50 dance music videos of all time. and an advert crashed into a song and there was a blank screen for half an hour.:D

I recall when Clubland used to crash they'd have a loop of the same songs for an hour or so and it crashed so often that you learnt the loop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    You can't expect them to play random top 40 hits from 20 years ago that only a handful of people remember. People will not watch. They have to play safe, just the same as commercial radio. 99 people out of 100 who remember "Sex On The Beach" would not remember "Tom's Party".

Well, people aren't watching repeats of other channels either.

Clubland play random tunes from 20 years ago and the results aren't any different to when they play current tracks.

I think if channels advertised in their programme listings that it's going to be a real case of 'remember these?' it may get some interest.
    They don't even play the proper cheesy stuff, it's now all the same mainstream pop from 1998-2004 and everyone else gets left out. There's loads of cheesy and non-cheesy pop they could play from the 90s and 00s that would probably be great o certain channels.

Where's Captain Jack, DJ Bobo, Betty Boo, Passion Fruit, BWO, Alphabeat, A* Teens, Mika, Hermes House Band, Scissor Sisters, Robbie Williams (old stuff), Take That (old stuff)?

I have a few playlists on YouTube where I've separated Dance, 90s & 00s Music (mainly cheesy pop), a music mix mainly full of rock and metal and other music full of modern videos I like that never get played.

They do stick to the same old same old. Their are many classic tracks they never touch.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Captain Jack? Passion Fruit? They never even made the UK charts so why would they play them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Captain Jack? Passion Fruit? They never even made the UK charts so why would they play them?

Lady Gaga barely even makes the UK charts yet they play her constantly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That maybe true but lets say this case for Culture Beat - Mr Vain is ALWAYS played so is Corona - rhythm of the night - they are sticking to the most obvious tracks on a loop she too had other songs as well as Culture Beat but why not for the sake of "obscurity" play them you might generate a bit of interest, I remember T-Spoon's follow up really well so I can't see how anyone else wouldn't! You got to look at ITV's Big Reunion somehow that generated interest into boy/girlbands of yesteryear so lets do it with music videos it aint that hard is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Point Hmeister was trying to say is possibly the obscurity of some artists or let alone how some ain't being played - I was under the impression the music channels played artists that charted and artists that didn't (as such), but its more these days its same on repeat and even in their countdowns there is nothing different let alone changing the songs from artists, I can't even remember the last time I caught Will Smith "Switch" that was a big song in the 00's yet it seems its hardly played even in there "flashbacks", I'll add another 2 Unlimited they always play No Limit .... well they did have more than that one track as well that could be played but they can't and again I remember the "flopped" 2 Unlimited II that came out I think it was '98-'99 track was "Wanna Get Up" (again that track has never seen light of day) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Unlimited
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Gaga barely even makes the UK charts yet they play her constantly.

I am surprised at that .... mind you this time round has she been releasing singles one after another for some odd reason? (the only one I like recently is Do What You Want With My Body ft R Kelly) Heatradio plays that very often yet I hardly hear other stations play it (possibly Radio 2 though but I think they play it til at least charts then it moves out of playlist and is played once every few months)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the most bizarre Euphoric/EDM anthem on Clubland

Britney - Everytime - Above and Beyond Mix - Britney sings three sentences in the whole mix and the tune sounds absolutely nothing like the song - it was like a totally different tune/song - I don't mind mixes, but it wasn't even related to the original other than the three "and this song's my sorry' in over 3 minutes of music - totally bizarre.

Funny error from MTV Classic yesterday - Annie Lennox - Sweet Dreams in "Summer of 2009"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Britney - Everytime - Above and Beyond Mix - Britney sings three sentences in the whole mix and the tune sounds absolutely nothing like the song - it was like a totally different tune/song - I don't mind mixes, but it wasn't even related to the original other than the three "and this song's my sorry' in over 3 minutes of music - totally bizarre.

Funny error from MTV Classic yesterday - Annie Lennox - Sweet Dreams in "Summer of 2009"

How the hell can you make such an error like that? Mind you not long ago VH1 had said Sub Sub - Aint no love was released in 2006 (before they got rid of the year), shows you since removing the "year" from songs they got no real clue in what they play and obviously thinking no one would spot errors - just give it up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was just on.

It's not bad and loads better than most of remixes you see on CS Dance. The video is a bit flickery though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Going through music channels now, (3.15am) theres only MTV with teleshopping on, others playing tunes, arent i paying for MTV!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was just on.

It's not bad and loads better than most of remixes you see on CS Dance. The video is a bit flickery though.

Well, it was more about the remix could have been called anything and from any song as about 6 seconds of the 4 minutes was related to 'Everytime'. It was using the 'Everytime' name and the video and that was about it.

The video quality , as some are on Clubland (Cascada, Dangerous) was ropey.

Going through music channels now, (3.15am) theres only MTV with teleshopping on, others playing tunes, arent i paying for MTV!

MTV has the best sound and video quality outside of Classic and VH1 as they are just so bad.

How the hell can you make such an error like that? Mind you not long ago VH1 had said Sub Sub - Aint no love was released in 2006 (before they got rid of the year), shows you since removing the "year" from songs they got no real clue in what they play and obviously thinking no one would spot errors - just give it up

Maybe they were thinking Pro Green but even that must have been 2010/11?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe they were thinking Pro Green but even that must have been 2010/11?

But as you say thats a different artist - how can you list a song from 2006 that came out in the 90's? Did someone delete the year and thought oh well put a random year no one will notice? It seemed like that to me and yet the wonderful people have GOOGLE at their fingertips to CORRECT errors but of course thats not their aim really?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

All MTV channels have Teleshopping after 3am (best going to MTV Live HD no teleshopping there), its just been more recently Bauer channels have gone back 24 hours apart from 4Music and I believe you are paying for MTV under your subscription to Sky/Virgin
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But as you say thats a different artist - how can you list a song from 2006 that came out in the 90's? Did someone delete the year and thought oh well put a random year no one will notice? It seemed like that to me and yet the wonderful people have GOOGLE at their fingertips to CORRECT errors but of course thats not their aim really?

It's obviously just an error, but they seem to make a lot of errors unfortunately.

That 'Britney' song is on Clubland againin the same chart position as yesterday, played after a song that was in the same chart position yesterday and before a song that is in the same position as yesterday, yet it's todays top 25 chosen on the app.

They really think we are all stoned :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's obviously just an error, but they seem to make a lot of errors unfortunately.

That 'Britney' song is on Clubland againin the same chart position as yesterday, played after a song that was in the same chart position yesterday and before a song that is in the same position as yesterday, yet it's todays top 25 chosen on the app.

They really think we are all stoned :D

Yet correct me - I am sure there was hardly any errors back in the 90's on these channels - but if there was an error they be an apology (not asking for an apology but more like correct it for next time)

LOL - nah it ain't that, just controllers are drunk at the wheel again :o

Someone mentioned Betty Boo on this thread - Radio 2 today played one of her songs in "pick of the pops" another artist I rarely see on VH1 let alone Bauer stations (exclude Vintage TV), yet she had a small comeback I think it was 2006 with Jack Rokka "push it" and once again another song that barely sees light of day!

I'll add I noted a few weeks ago (if I have mentioned apologies) that MTV Dance played Gusto Discos Revenge (90's original - not Freemasons edit) but played it at 10pm! Why can they not play these during the day? Its a dance channel FFS and that is DANCE!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet correct me - I am sure there was hardly any errors back in the 90's on these channels - but if there was an error they be an apology (not asking for an apology but more like correct it for next time)

LOL - nah it ain't that, just controllers are drunk at the wheel again :o

Someone mentioned Betty Boo on this thread - Radio 2 today played one of her songs in "pick of the pops" another artist I rarely see on VH1 let alone Bauer stations (exclude Vintage TV), yet she had a small comeback I think it was 2006 with Jack Rokka "push it" and once again another song that barely sees light of day!

I'll add I noted a few weeks ago (if I have mentioned apologies) that MTV Dance played Gusto Discos Revenge (90's original - not Freemasons edit) but played it at 10pm! Why can they not play these during the day? Its a dance channel FFS and that is DANCE!

I can't remember back that far. I struggle to remember this morning :D

MTV are funny stations all round. Don't like them as a company. They promote safe sex (with MTV and all that) and then show Geordie Shore etc - the is just for 'Marketing'