mel b and maks - appreciation thread

irishmikeeirishmikee Posts: 4,259
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think she's wicked on DWTS. My favourite by a long shot.
Maks is also my favourite pro on DWTS. Together they are 'awesome', have a great chemistry, they are both strong characters, with big personalities. They have been really consistent and are getting better each week. Their paso has been my personal highlight of this series.
Just showing some love for my favourite couple. Hope its a good tonight.;)

Comments

• BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought her Paso was fab! And her outfit - WOW!
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hated her foxtrot outfit this week, but she is by far the best! I really hope she wins, but I'm not sure if they'll let a brit win over there!

Marie Osmond must have a massive sympathy vote now, the poor woman has been throuh so much in one series, it wouldn't surprise me if she won!

My fingers are crossed for Mel though!
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Oh wow - our own sub-forum.

I absolute love the Mel and Maks partnership and really hope they win - even though it'll make her life difficult with the Spice Girls tour starting. And Maksim is just gorgeous - that chest should come with a danger warning! :D
  • Cairy LuntCairy Lunt Posts: 3,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched her paso doble and it gave me the horn big time. I never thought i would say Mel B was sexy but f*ck me in that dance she was amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weyhey!! A DWTS sub-forum... Sweet!

Please count me in the Mel and Maks appreciation society. I've had a mad crush on Maks since seeing him dance with Laila Ali! :o I think he should have it written in his contract that he MUST dance shirtless... Every week!!! :D

Mel is really impressing me. I thought she'd be good at Latin but she has also done extremely well in Ballroom. I hope they win.

xx

ps: Their Paso was amazing. The chemistry between them was great.
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL! That was fun! :D He still can't get over her strong Leeds accent! ;)
  • joshiemonkeyjoshiemonkey Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    I must admit when I found out Mel B was doing DWTS I thought see would not be very good, but I must admit she is fab.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they're doin the tango and mambo tonight i think can't wait!
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Cairy Lunt wrote: »
    I watched her paso doble and it gave me the horn big time. I never thought i would say Mel B was sexy but f*ck me in that dance she was amazing.
    Some other stars on the show have gotten write-ups about how much weight they have lost (Marie Osmond, Jenny Garth) but this last week was the first time you could really tell that Mel's gotten into probably the best shape of her life from this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I have to admit that I didn't like Maks last year with Laila. I thought the choreography was a bit naff and Maks seemed to be the definition of male bimbo, all brawn and absolutely no brains whatsoever.

Boy have I changed my mind. I have enjoyed Mel and Maks as much as any couple on either DWTS or SCD. The choreo is great and Maks is really bringing out the best in Mel who for her rumba and paso definately deserved straight tens.

I think Laila's very dominant personality didn't allow Maks to shine at all.
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Although M&M are probably the best dancers left and should by rights win this, i can't really see it happening.
    From reading US forums it seems thsat alot of people have a problem with her dance experience, and worringly, her personality. They find her too Brash, loud, classless and a bit of a tart.
    It seems that alot of Americans have a fantasy veiw of what Brits are really like eg something out of pride and prejudice and mel doesn't quite fit that image, whereas someone like Jane did.
    |So although she should do well, i think she'll be out soon.
  • martyboymartyboy Posts: 1,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a very short feature about Mel and Maks on E! News (Sky 152) tonight (Tues), about 20 mins into the program. I think it might be repeated around 11.20pm.

They just mentioned her hectic schedule. And there was a very short clip of their Paso from last week. And a clip of them rehearing the tango. Mel said she missed Sabrina.

Then the inteviewer seemed to ask if there was anything between them (I didn't really catch it), and if they had plans for doing anything together after the series. I think Mel replied (laughing) "not in a zillion years" (but I don't know if she was serious). I didn't catch what Maks said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mscaviy wrote: »

I think he was intimidated by her sheer physical presence. Mel is much shorter in stature and more inclined to listen, plus ofcourse she's used to taking direction and dancing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Although M&M are probably the best dancers left and should by rights win this, i can't really see it happening.
    From reading US forums it seems thsat alot of people have a problem with her dance experience, and worringly, her personality. They find her too Brash, loud, classless and a bit of a tart.
    It seems that alot of Americans have a fantasy veiw of what Brits are really like eg something out of pride and prejudice and mel doesn't quite fit that image, whereas someone like Jane did.
    |So although she should do well, i think she'll be out soon.

God, that's soooo irritating! They want to pidgeon hole all Brits don't they? They're terrible snobs in that way. No Brit can be working class or talk with a regional accent. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martyboy wrote: »
    There was a very short feature about Mel and Maks on E! News (Sky 152) tonight (Tues), about 20 mins into the program. I think it might be repeated around 11.20pm.

They just mentioned her hectic schedule. And there was a very short clip of their Paso from last week. And a clip of them rehearing the tango. Mel said she missed Sabrina.

Then the inteviewer seemed to ask if there was anything between them (I didn't really catch it), and if they had plans for doing anything together after the series. I think Mel replied (laughing) "not in a zillion years" (but I don't know if she was serious). I didn't catch what Maks said.

Thanks for the report. Can you keep us updated, as alot of us don't have Sky, and Diane can no longer upload the ET clips as she's not on youtube for now. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    God, that's soooo irritating! They want to pidgeon hole all Brits don't they? They're terrible snobs in that way. No Brit can be working class or talk with a regional accent. :(

Well to be fair to our transatlantic cousins, we Brits do have a similar MO. After all, don't we tend to see them as bible bashing, redneck, arrogant, unsophisticated and uncosmopolitan. Just read some of the comments by those who haven't grown to love DWTS as we sophisticates have. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, maybe a small minority in the South would fit that description, but the States is a huge variation of people just like we are. I always try not to pidgeon hole anybody, and think it's a pity if parts of America are still culturally straight jacketed in that way. They know the Beatles were from Liverpool and spoke with an accent, so why can't they accept Mel's Leeds accent? Even Maks can't get over it sometimes.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree I think most Brits have an understanding of the different types of people in America! You only have to look at their celebrities and you can see the difference:

Britney compared to Paris for example, both young party girls, but one more refined than the other!

Same as over here if you compare say Kerry Katona with Tess Daly! Neither are English Rose but despite both being rich and famous you can tell they come from different backgrounds!

It seems odd and quite ignorant that the Americans can't see the differences in us!

Although to be completely honest when I'm on holiday I put on the best accent and pronounce all my t's and h's so the American's wow about my beautiful English accent! lol!:cool:

Maybe if Emma and Mel had swapped places both would have won in their respective years (mel over here and Emma in the US)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just two more big steps to make mel!!!
  • irishmikeeirishmikee Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that mambo was fantastic and i loved their tango too. They really are such a watchable couple and it really comes across how much they are both enjoying dancing together. Maks' choreograpgy is brilliant, he really plays to her strengths. I would love it if they won, although i cant see it happening. They are the most entertaining couple. I wish they were on SCD as it would mean we would see more of them on ITT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've still got that mambo music in my head! i love it lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pri wrote: »

Great pics! Cheers for psoting! :)
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Maybe if Emma and Mel had swapped places both would have won in their respective years (mel over here and Emma in the US)

Mel is a much better dancer than Emma though, she can do Ballroom & Latin, Emma wasn't really great at Latin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mscaviy wrote: »
    I have to admit that I didn't like Maks last year with Laila. I thought the choreography was a bit naff and Maks seemed to be the definition of male bimbo, all brawn and absolutely no brains whatsoever.

Boy have I changed my mind. I have enjoyed Mel and Maks as much as any couple on either DWTS or SCD. The choreo is great and Maks is really bringing out the best in Mel who for her rumba and paso definately deserved straight tens.

Just concentrating on the dance, there would be a big difference choreographing for Laila and Mel.
    Laila is a 5ft 11, 165lb boxer with no formal dance training. Mel is 5ft5 probably 30-40lbs lighter, formally trained dancer with years of dance and performance experience.
    Maks just simply wouldn't have been able to show the same creativity with Laila.