Moving House

123457»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £29.99

Close.... £45 when it should have been £15!! They still charged the installation charge that they assured me would be credited... After spending 30 minutes on the phone..... The have credited it back to my bank account (apparently).... Sheesh.... Great product but lousy back end procedures !
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snowy2007 wrote: »
    Close.... £45 when it should have been £15!! They still charged the installation charge that they assured me would be credited... After spending 30 minutes on the phone..... The have credited it back to my bank account (apparently).... Sheesh.... Great product but lousy back end procedures !

Please, no BT Bashing again. It could start off a tropical islands Tsunami;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VALE07 wrote: »
    Please, no BT Bashing again. It could start off a tropical islands Tsunami;)

LOL! We wouldn't want to irritate the islanders would we! :)
  • Options
    alanb123alanb123 Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Snowy - Told you so. Should have asked for the £30 to be put back into account straight away as it always confuses them ! Money goes in and out so often that you wont know where you are with BT Vision. It is called "obfuscation" but please don't tell a Geordie that or they will try to sign him. Cheers Alan. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanb123 wrote: »
    Snowy - Told you so. Should have asked for the £30 to be put back into account straight away as it always confuses them ! Money goes in and out so often that you wont know where you are with BT Vision. It is called "obfuscation" but please don't tell a Geordie that or they will try to sign him. Cheers Alan. :cool:

LOL! Might help their game!! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump again - sorry - UPDATE :

Guess what : They still hadn't processed the refund on Wednesday! I phoned up and the chap in billing (in Belfast) assured me that the refund was going through (to be fair it did in fact hit the account on Thrusday) but the BT account was apparentley showing that I owed THEM £30!!!!

I asked what the £30 I owed them was for and he couldn't tell me! Anyway.... cutting a long conversation short he agreed that the only thing he could do was place a £30 credit on my account which would counteract the £30 "debt"! Sheesh.... (Mind you, he did spend five minutes looking at an old account number and telling me that I no longer had an account!)

Been out with a client all morning and arrived back home at around 3pm. I noticed that Openreach were playing with telegraph poles at the top of the road.

Can anybody guess what the status of my broadband was when I got in the house? :)

Not only had my BB been reduced to a 512k connection that my router couldn't actually authenticate to but my phone number had changed to my neighbours :eek:

I walked up the road and had a word with the Openreach guys and they told me that my house wasn't even on their work sheet. I explained that it wasn't really my problem and both me and my neighbour would prefer to have our original phone lines back!

Eventually they climbed back up the pole and swapped the lines back over.... They asked me to check it.... Router synced at 3Mb and the landline was incredibly noisy.

I popped back up the road and the look on their faces was a picture. But, got to hand it to them, they took it in good humour, even quipping that I was the "Perfect customer on a Friday afternoon" ;) - Back up the pole and reconnect and guess what... I've got an 8Mb sync and a perfect landline again :)

Everybody was happy..... until..... the Openreach engineer knocked at my door to check all was OK and happened to mention that sometime in the near future my line would be swapping to a different cab as the DP I am connected to was scheduled for removal.... I asked if he thought it would go smoothly but he just gave me a wry smile and explained there were three different departments involved: Underground, Overhead and Exchange....

I will report back when (if) anything happens....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's :D:D:):):(:(:cry::cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    snowy2007 wrote: »
    Bump again - sorry - UPDATE :

Guess what : They still hadn't processed the refund on Wednesday! I phoned up and the chap in billing (in Belfast) assured me that the refund was going through (to be fair it did in fact hit the account on Thrusday) but the BT account was apparentley showing that I owed THEM £30!!!!

I asked what the £30 I owed them was for and he couldn't tell me! Anyway.... cutting a long conversation short he agreed that the only thing he could do was place a £30 credit on my account which would counteract the £30 "debt"! Sheesh.... (Mind you, he did spend five minutes looking at an old account number and telling me that I no longer had an account!)

Been out with a client all morning and arrived back home at around 3pm. I noticed that Openreach were playing with telegraph poles at the top of the road.

Can anybody guess what the status of my broadband was when I got in the house? :)

Not only had my BB been reduced to a 512k connection that my router couldn't actually authenticate to but my phone number had changed to my neighbours :eek:

I walked up the road and had a word with the Openreach guys and they told me that my house wasn't even on their work sheet. I explained that it wasn't really my problem and both me and my neighbour would prefer to have our original phone lines back!

Eventually they climbed back up the pole and swapped the lines back over.... They asked me to check it.... Router synced at 3Mb and the landline was incredibly noisy.

I popped back up the road and the look on their faces was a picture. But, got to hand it to them, they took it in good humour, even quipping that I was the "Perfect customer on a Friday afternoon" ;) - Back up the pole and reconnect and guess what... I've got an 8Mb sync and a perfect landline again :)

Everybody was happy..... until..... the Openreach engineer knocked at my door to check all was OK and happened to mention that sometime in the near future my line would be swapping to a different cab as the DP I am connected to was scheduled for removal.... I asked if he thought it would go smoothly but he just gave me a wry smile and explained there were three different departments involved: Underground, Overhead and Exchange....

I will report back when (if) anything happens....

I wanted to fill you with confidence Snowy, so I thought I'd wish you good luck with that one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Simon - Must fill you with confidence to have the backing of us all. (from my experience it is a waste of hopes and aspirations). I am still having trouble with BT. Not the service but mainly their billing which is far from adequate. Could go on and on but might end up sounding like Archi. You have my PNo so please give me a call if you get a chance as I am pi***d off at the moment. Cheers Alan. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simon - Must fill you with confidence to have the backing of us all. (from my experience it is a waste of hopes and aspirations). I am still having trouble with BT. Not the service but mainly their billing which is far from adequate. Could go on and on but might end up sounding like Archi. You have my PNo so please give me a call if you get a chance as I am pi***d off at the moment. Cheers Alan. :cool:

Alan
    Don't you mean just pissed.:D Sorry must be thinking of someone else.

Will try and ring you next week.

Pete, Squire of all Somerset and Beyond
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Peter - Please don't try and infer that I drink a lot as I don't ! I just drink an enormous amount for someone of my sylph like qualities. In fact, far in excess of anyone I know apart from "Ayesha". Love her very much even through this haze of life and troubles. Apologise to everyone else that doesn't know Peter and I. Cheers Alan. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter - Please don't try and infer that I drink a lot as I don't ! I just drink an enormous amount for someone of my sylph like qualities. In fact, far in excess of anyone I know apart from "Ayesha". Love her very much even through this haze of life and troubles. Apologise to everyone else that doesn't know Peter and I. Cheers Alan. :cool:

Sylph like,!!!! I nearly choked then.As this is a thread about moving. have you had the JCB delivered yet to move you to the kitchen:confused::D
  • Options
    red_g00nerred_g00ner Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well l contact BT yesterday and told them l was moving at the end of may and to transfer voice, internet and vision.

Voice and internet ok, but have to wait 10 days after l move in to get Vision re-activated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    red_g00ner wrote: »
    Well l contact BT yesterday and told them l was moving at the end of may and to transfer voice, internet and vision.

Voice and internet ok, but have to wait 10 days after l move in to get Vision re-activated.

Hi g00ner, the 10 day wait is for your ADSL training period in order to ensure you have sufficient bandwidth for BTV.

Good luck, please keep us posted on your progress!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all lies g00ner!

I was told that, but sod all happened. My 'nevoss' (?) account was deleted when I moved. Spoke to them a couple of days ago and they've supposedly done something that will take 48 hours to sort it (new nevoss thing I think). It wasn't working this morning (C03 error) and I'm not holding my breath!

I expect I'll be on the phone to a Geordie person again this afternoon - I'll let you know how I get on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fingers crossed for you BBMF
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    got home friday and bt tel and broadband not working as expected.

received a text message from BT later on confirming that telephone should be working at the new property.

moved into new place saturday and telephone and broadband are working ok. homehub is syncing at 7616Kbps, which was what l was getting at my previous address.

only problem is the tv is no nowhere near the homehub. when l ring to activate bt vision in 10 days time will they provide me with some homeplugs? or betther still when l originally haf bt vision installed by an engineer he had a usb wifi adaptor that could plug into the bt vision stb.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    red_g00ner wrote: »
    got home friday and bt tel and broadband not working as expected.

received a text message from BT later on confirming that telephone should be working at the new property.

moved into new place saturday and telephone and broadband are working ok. homehub is syncing at 7616Kbps, which was what l was getting at my previous address.

only problem is the tv is no nowhere near the homehub. when l ring to activate bt vision in 10 days time will they provide me with some homeplugs? or betther still when l originally haf bt vision installed by an engineer he had a usb wifi adaptor that could plug into the bt vision stb.
    No that wont work, the usb wifi adapters are for your PC (because an engineer install moves the hub away from your PC). I would ring them and ask for the powerline adapters, it may take a few calls but youll get em free. Alternatively try a well know auction site.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waited the 10 days for the broadband to stabilise, rang BT to reconnect my Vision and asked for some powerline adators. They wanted to charge me £100. I explained to the lady that l originally had an engineer install and never had the option of powerline adaptors as they did not exist back then.. Didn't get anywhere so cancelled Vision.

Rang back 5 mins later to sales, pretended l was a new vision subscriber, got charged a £30 connection fee and will receive a new stb and powerline adaptors next week.

I still begrudge paying the £30 as l feel l should have been offered them for free. As all installs now go out with the powerline adaptors.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    I'd like a set too but the deal we did was the deal we did.

Try going into any shop and saying something like: "I bought one of those gadgets from you last year and now you include a free widget - I'd like my free widget please." See how far you get.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand where your coming from bh2, but l disagree, they are providing the homeplugs to all customer that did not have the engineer install.

l am only asking for something that other vision customer are getting for free. As l have been subscribing since near the beginning it is the least they could do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I moved from Surrey to North Yorkshire and I followed all of BT's advice :-

Phoned there 'dedicated moving team' 3 weeks before I left my old house and gave all my new details.

Day of the move was disconnected at the correct time. Arrived at new house, phone line working - so far so good.

Plugged HH in - no broadband.

Call to BT quoting the reference number the ' dedicated moving team' gave me - 'Sorry sir, we have no record of that'.

Gave them my old account number and said that I had phoned and asked for all my BT services to be transferred to my new address. They said that as I had terminated my old account I would have to sign up to a new 12 month minimum account as a new customer!

As I live in a rented house I can not have cable or sky due to limitations in my lease, so BT is my only option for broadband and iptv.

The up-shot is that 6 weeks after I moved into my new house I was finally connected to all of my BT services. An unacceptable catalogue of mistakes and bad communication on behalf of BT and I will not be re-newing my contract with them.

One more thing.

Why is my initial call routed to a call centre in India and me have to waste time explaining my problem to them, only for them to connect me to someone in the UK and repeat my problem again?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoggster wrote: »
    An unacceptable catalogue of mistakes and bad communication on behalf of BT and I will not be re-newing my contract with them.

Bad luck. If only these stories were the exception rather than the rule. Once again BT screw up on the CS relations. Of course - if you don't renew you'll have to face them again to migrate to another ISP.

I've just got my parents signed up to BTBB. It took some effort, and required the assistance of the CEO. However, they've got it now (which Tiscali were unable to do - although happy to take the money whilst it didn't work) and the fact is that once it's working BTBB is an excellent product.