Underrated Icons

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Depeche Mode, Ultravox
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not true, back in the day people where into The Beatles and/or The Stones or Motown. Dusty was just not cool.Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

My memory must be playing tricks with me then because all i remember is her being all over the place. I was about 12 when I sang one her songs (very badly!) at the school concert. I have just googled it but can't find it. I am sure it was something like in the chapel or Hallelulah. Hope someone with a better memory than me can help me out :D
  • FabalaFabala Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChloeTR wrote: »
    Ian Curtis of Joy Division and Morrissey of The Smiths:D

I fail to see how either of these are underrated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri Halliwell, Queens of british pop watch it.
    And from 1999-2002 she could do hardly no wrong and a bit of a career problem in 2005 and she gives up. I hope this time she has better mangement and promotes,
    Very unappreciated arist and incase you didnt no just my opinion :D
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And from 1999-2002 she could do hardly no wrong and a bit of a career problem in 2005 and she gives up. I hope this time she has better mangement and promotes,

are there any music managers left that she hasn't already sacked? she`s gone through managers like there`s no tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    are there any music managers left that she hasn't already sacked? she`s gone through managers like there`s no tomorrow.

True shes had alot of managers one even sold a story about her, But passion time she was badly managed. Geri`s someone who wants something done but has to do it herself :P but she cant do it all. So im glad shes with 19!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True shes had alot of managers one even sold a story about her, But passion time she was badly managed. Geri`s someone who wants something done but has to do it herself :P but she cant do it all. So im glad shes with 19!

for the minute yes, but if someone doesn't work out she will axe them again.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    for the minute yes, but if someone doesn't work out she will axe them again.:o

I think having a daughter has matured her and made her see the light of day so who knows something might work out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think having a daughter has matured her and made her see the light of day so who knows something might work out.

somehow, i doubt it. after all, she stopped her daughter`s father from having any access initially. hiring a load of nannies in the process that didn't last much longer than her managers and that ended in a disastrous result. of course, she turned to `spiritual advisor's` to help her work her way out of that particular low.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    somehow, i doubt it. after all, she stopped her daughter`s father from having any access initially. hiring a load of nannies in the process that didn't last much longer than her managers and that ended in a disastrous result. of course, she turned to `spiritual advisor's` to help her work her way out of that particular low.:o

Ok im gonna leave it there and 6 years ago!!. This is not Jerry Springer. Plus we dont know all the facts so how could i possibly comment to that. Shes just underated icon and Queens of british pop covered her very well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You mean the girl from that manufactured talentless pop group called the Spice Girls? I don't think so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny Marr - Criminally underrated... incredible guitarist
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean the girl from that manufactured talentless pop group called the Spice Girls? I don't think so.

Manufactured? They had vision and wrote there own material and new the way ahead. You might not think so but i and im sure alot more do. As i stated before just my opinion!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manufactured? They had vision and wrote there own material and new the way ahead. You might not think so but i and im sure alot more do. As i stated before just my opinion!!!!

What has Geri Halliwell ever solely written?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has Geri Halliwell ever solely written?

Are you a fan of Geri Halliwell or ever brought any of her albums or read trivia on her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you a fan of Geri Halliwell or ever brought any of her albums or read trivia on her?

i think that is highly unlikely given their previous posts. i don't personally think she is underrated, but i wouldn't make an issue over your personal choice.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think that is highly unlikely given their previous posts. i don't personally think she is underrated, but i wouldn't make an issue over your personal choice.:rolleyes:

Exactly so if people arent aware of trivia song-writing credits and obvious facts (Spice Girls) then why bother i wouldnt. All im saying is imo shes underrated. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely we are allowed to question a suggestion? Otherwise isn't this whole thread pointless?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely we are allowed to question a suggestion? Otherwise isn't this whole thread pointless?

Yes but you clearly dont know facts about Geri or Spice Girls imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but you clearly dont know facts about Geri or Spice Girls imo.

Then enlighten us?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly so if people arent aware of trivia song-writing credits and obvious facts (Spice Girls) then why bother i wouldnt. All im saying is imo shes underrated. :p

yes, i get that, but if you look at my comment on the first page, you will understand why i don't think she is underrated. in short, she has managed an extraordinary level of commercial success with the spice girls and at the moment she is the leading british female artist with the most uk #1 singles. so in that respect, i don't think she is underrated, but that is only my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fabala wrote: »
    Then enlighten us?

I so didnt wanna turn this into a Geri Halliwell thread jsut wanted to pointed out that in my mind shes underrated and i a while ago i was watching Queens of british pop and thought atlast apprecation. Im sure its on youtube to be seen. Geri is a talented song writer and performer. 4 number ones 2 top 10 albums 12 million records sold world wide. And Spice Girls 70 million records worldwide lets not forget what they achieved as a five band. With in 2 years! Geri and Emma as well as co-writers were the main writers in the band followed by Mel c and then Victoria and Mel B would chip in (not all the time they contributed on some records aswell). Geris ideas were always successful and the girls admit that. Notice as soon as she left the band changed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fabala wrote: »
    Then enlighten us?

to be fair, i doubt your the slightest bit interested either.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, i get that, but if you look at my comment on the first page, you will understand why i don't think she is underrated. in short, she has managed an extraordinary level of commercial success with the spice girls and at the moment she is the leading british female artist with the most uk #1 singles. so in that respect, i don't think she is underrated, but that is only my opinion.

Thats fine. Imo she was underrated and may not match her success but still changed history so for that reason i think shes underrated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be fair, i doubt your the slightest bit interested either.:rolleyes:

I hadn't realised you knew my exact motivations for commenting. I am interested, so good one.

I was actually intrigued to know what songs she had written. I have a soft spot for them, I was just the right age for them at the time.