Options

Olympia Valance Staying On Neighbours

2»

Comments

• Options
    Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice to read about one of the younger Aussie stars pledging more time and loyalty to the show that made them famous rather than doing the obligatury 2/3 years and counting down the days until they can ditch it and go to Hollywood and become movie stars. It's made both Home and Away and Neighbours a bit predictable as a bunch of characters are introduced at the same time and three years later the same batch of characters all depart at the same time and then it's just repeated. Not saying Olympia should stay forever but i really like Paige so it'll be nice to have her for another year (as long as this dreadful Paige/Jack storyline isn't going to drag on throughout it).

Still got my fingers crossed that Mark/Paige might one day be reunited if both Olympia and Scott are hanging around for a while.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio87 wrote: »
    It's nice to read about one of the younger Aussie stars pledging more time and loyalty to the show that made them famous rather than doing the obligatury 2/3 years and counting down the days until they can ditch it and go to Hollywood and become movie stars. It's made both Home and Away and Neighbours a bit predictable as a bunch of characters are introduced at the same time and three years later the same batch of characters all depart at the same time and then it's just repeated. Not saying Olympia should stay forever but i really like Paige so it'll be nice to have her for another year (as long as this dreadful Paige/Jack storyline isn't going to drag on throughout it).

Still got my fingers crossed that Mark/Paige might one day be reunited if both Olympia and Scott are hanging around for a while.

I think Mark works better with Steph than Paige now.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark and Steph really do have chemistry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe Twitter confirmed that Olympia is staying on Neighbours and has signed a one year extension to her contract which means she will be on screens until June 2018 as Paige.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I think it makes sense for Neighbours to extend her contract as Olympia is the only one of the current cast members who gets the show press outside of soap/TV magazines and keeps the shows in the papers.

I do find Paige rather annoying, but at least Lauren will stay on the show. Mind you, they could always turn her into a foster mother. Or have a baby late in life.
  • Options
    sexy_princesssexy_princess Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just as another Neighbours actor extends their contract it looks like another two bailed on Home and Away.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio87 wrote: »

Oh God they were awful together. Just awful. The age gap between them may have only been 10 years but with Paige's immaturity and Mark's old beyond his years persona the age gap between them seemed massive. Their relationship was like watching a boring, joyless dad being constantly exasperated by his fun loving, juvenile daughter's behaviour. Both characters work better away from each other.
  • Options
    Kate Ford fanKate Ford fan Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olympia does seem to be really passionate about working on the show. Fair play to her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark and Steph work surprisingly well together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olympia does seem to be really passionate about working on the show. Fair play to her!

Its good to see she is committing to the show.
  • Options
    Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good news. I like Paige and I like Mark too. Not together though, I like Mark with Steph. I also prefer characters to hang around for a while, it's so annoying when they leave when you've just got used to them.
  • Options
    lybertynelybertyne Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll have to invest in some more Kleenex.
  • Options
    DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really like the character of Paige, but it is refreshing to see one of the younger cast members to stay and not hot foot it to LA at the first opportunity. I hate the way all the younger cast leave fairly quickly.
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC1983 wrote: »
    I don't really like the character of Paige, but it is refreshing to see one of the younger cast members to stay and not hot foot it to LA at the first opportunity. I hate the way all the younger cast leave fairly quickly.

If she stays I hope they give her better material to work with instead of ruining her character.