Options

Devil may cry like god of war?

steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
Forum Member
Might buy DMc the HD collection - is it like gow or more like street fighter?

This version - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005X50LFQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B005X50LFQ&linkCode=as2&tag=scm01c-21&linkId=YHQ3BCJHSBHU4KQL

I like the gow series but not too reliant on remembering button combos

Comments

• Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not disimilar to GOW. Its one of those 'lots of enemies kill them with stylish attacks' kinda games. I loved the first Devil may cry and hated the second. The reboot (DMC) is excellent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok I can just about plod thru gow think ill just play the reboot that i have for free on psplus and see if I like that
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was not a fan of the original DMC games at all. Didn't like the combat, didn't appreciate the art style.

I absolutely LOVED the reboot. God of War III remains the best hack n' slash ever made as far as I'm concerned, but DMC was as close to that as I've found, even though it uses a different system.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just finished dmc5 last night on ps3 - started 8pm and finished 1130pm ish - actually lost track of time which has been rare - only other time I think was halo 1 on Xbox (first time I 'got' fps and was in owe)
    Excellent although fairly easy on normal mode
    Whether I play the ps2 versions not sure - so many other games to play
  • Options
    RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveOooo wrote: »
    Just finished dmc5 last night on ps3

DMC5 isn't out yet and no plans for it as of yet. Im looking forward to playing it should they decide to continue from where Nero and Dante left off.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does DMC have a good storyline to it? I don't just like slashing for the sake of... slashing.
  • Options
    RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theres a lot of slashing, and changing weapons(which you have to do) during battle to defeat lots of enemies.

Totally revamped game so should Capcom release DMC5 i wont be too happy if they go down this route(Ninja theory' franchise)

The game is ok, but not on par with the 'proper' series. I played and completed it. But with all the others i played and played them so many times.