Letting someone in your house that hates you....

Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Long and complex story. ( pesudo names are used!) I have a very good friend, Tracey. Don't see a lot of each other as live a couple of hours drive away. She went to uni near where I live, and know a fair few people in the area. She will often come up once or twice a year, and visit as many people as possible in one day out.

Tracey is gay. I am not, and have no interest in women. She's not had any serious girlfriends (that I've known about) until one she met a few months ago, Lisa. I was introduced to Lisa at a mutual friends house, and she seemed a bit shy, but we spoke about dogs, as we both have one. At this point surrounded by people.

I had to go and sort out some stuff with Tracey (pick up some stuff out of the garden shed), and then I was going home. Said goodbye to Tracey, who had wandered off to do something else, then I went to get in my car. Lisa and another girl were then outside in the garden feeding birds or something. Said goodbye, only response was from other girl. Lisa did not even look at me or acknowledge me.

I'm pretty sure that Lisa is jealous of me (kind of fair enough as Tracey is one of my best friends) however Lisa radiated hate towards me the minute I met her. Which quite frankly is her problem, but the next time Tracey comes on her visits, Lisa will be coming, and to be honest, I'll be dammed if I invite someone into my house that has been so shockingly rude to me before.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have a house that hates you?
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrange to meet up in a pub or somewhere for lunch or whatever and if she's rude to you just leave.
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never thought of the pub, that's a good idea. Lisa will not be rude to me in front of Tracey.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wench02 wrote: »
    Never thought of the pub, that's a good idea. Lisa will not be rude to me in front of Tracey.
    So why would she be rude to you in front of Tracy in your house?
    (The house that hates you :( )
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, when I first met someone who is now a good friend I was certain she hated me. It was just her particular brand of shyness, she comes across that way with new people.

Could it be that?
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Mother in law has a really old house, like 14th century. I'm sure it hates me and sometimes when I look at it, it just stonewalls me.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,068
    Forum Member
    She radiated hate towards you? Over reaction I think to someone, who might be horribly shy, not saying goodbye to you.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    Doesn't sound like she hates you to me.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Someone didn't say Bye so must hate you and is obviously jealous of you. How old are you because that sounds like something a child would say.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    If this really is the extent of it you have made a big assumption based on very little. She certainly hasn't been 'shockingly rude' to you. If Tracey is really your best friend then excluding her girlfriend on this basis is a massive overreaction. Tbh you sound like you are making a drama out of nothing and your final sentence is just a bit precious.

If the relationship lasts you may see this girl twice a year so who really cares if she likes you, just do the adult thing and be nice to her, you might find that once she is comfortable around you that you gain another friend.
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wench02 wrote: »
    Long and complex story. ( pesudo names are used!) I have a very good friend, Tracey. Don't see a lot of each other as live a couple of hours drive away. She went to uni near where I live, and know a fair few people in the area. She will often come up once or twice a year, and visit as many people as possible in one day out.

Tracey is gay. I am not, and have no interest in women. She's not had any serious girlfriends (that I've known about) until one she met a few months ago, Lisa. I was introduced to Lisa at a mutual friends house, and she seemed a bit shy, but we spoke about dogs, as we both have one. At this point surrounded by people.

I had to go and sort out some stuff with Tracey (pick up some stuff out of the garden shed), and then I was going home. Said goodbye to Tracey, who had wandered off to do something else, then I went to get in my car. Lisa and another girl were then outside in the garden feeding birds or something. Said goodbye, only response was from other girl. Lisa did not even look at me or acknowledge me.

I'm pretty sure that Lisa is jealous of me (kind of fair enough as Tracey is one of my best friends) however Lisa radiated hate towards me the minute I met her. Which quite frankly is her problem, but the next time Tracey comes on her visits, Lisa will be coming, and to be honest, I'll be dammed if I invite someone into my house that has been so shockingly rude to me before.

Thoughts?

Why did you talk about dogs to somebody who you think has hated you since the minute she met you? And how does a shy person go about radiating hate - do they sneer and glare at you, without actually meeting yours (or anybody elses) gaze?
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like she hates you to me.

No, at the most a mild dislike. From the thread title you'd think she'd been bunny boiling.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Miss Miss! Lisa didn't say goodbye to me. That means she hates me, so now i hate her and she can't come and play Barbies with me and my friend Tracey!
  • newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop being so sensitive.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If my pal had a partner I didn't like and I wasn't going to see them more than once or twice a year, I'd shrug and put up with the partner on those occasions, no big deal.

Can't see what she did to warrant such a strong reaction from you, myself. I presume there must be more to this than you've said.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she didn't hear you saying bye. It sounds like you have more of a problem with her for no reason than she does with you to be honest.
  • bratwurztbratwurzt Posts: 2,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought this was going to be about immigration.