Options

Big Brother Australia - Episode 35 - Self Eviction - 21 October - 9.30am

richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Slightly earlier start today as one housemate will get the option to leave the house with allegedly $20,000

Couch Potato Radio will be on the air straight after the show and there will be a special guest in the shape of last years winner, Tim Dormer

http://bbaustralia2014.blogspot.co.uk/p/live-stream-of-big-brother-australia.html

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #BBAU "Self Evict" SHOW IS LIVE! Don't forget, Couch Potato Radio is on right after the live BB show with @timdormer http://bit.ly/1yj4qFR
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I'm surprised Ryan got the most votes to stay, although I'm happy as I like him (seem to be the only one on the forum that does :D).

It really feels like Big Brother is trying to get rid of the couple lol
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Lawson and Cat are both inconsiderate, shameless bastards!!>:(
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really feels like Big Brother is trying to get rid of the couple lol

And that they are really trying to save someone.

I haven't been watching for ages but the thread title sounded interesting so looked at the twist. Priya's alibi that Aisha could do more with it as she already had 20,000 was a pretty weak idea to use, I doubt Aisha was convinced. And Priya saying she wouldn't have taken the money didn't really convince me. The storyline for Priya apparently is that she is a great manipulator/gameplayer but I wonder if that's as weak as the rest of this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of predictable Sandra was going to go :( If only she had been as cheerful as she was in her exit interview she may have lasted a little longer IMO

Priya still in danger tomorrow if the golden couple don't take the 50k to go immediately tomorrow

Today's episode - #BBAU 2014 - Episode 35 Eviction #7 NOW UPLOADED: http://youtu.be/mvUxIHSJ6dk @Y2Jin99 #BBCP May be still processing....
  • Options
    rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talk about manipulation this show has to be the worse for messing with the prize fund, if Aisha and Travis take the 50k another chunk of the cash will have gone, and at this rate there will be nothing left for the eventual winner of the show.

What with double evictions and trying to pay HMs to just leave tells me this show is in trouble and they want it over and done with ASAP, I will be surprised if Travis and Aisha don't take the money because there not both going to win the show and they must know at this rate there will be no big prize fund left to win.....
  • Options
    Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree , although I don't like them altering the winners prize, Aisha and Travis would be foolish if they didn't take it.

You don't mess with Skye - Sandra evicted - the last
    Person who had a public row with her was David so he's next but not tomorrow night.(remember Katie and Lisa)
    The Australian public love Skye.

Priya has more analysis of the group brilliant.

Tomorrow's episode will be great.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's better when offers like this are made to the whole house, it feels less manipulative of the audience. The prize money I don't care about, there's still plenty left I guess.

With Priya I wonder if her comments are largely in the DR and therefore just part of the plan of the producers. This overpromotion of someone as some mastermind has been typical of the producers recently, happened with Tim last year and maybe even Ben the year before.
  • Options
    lfipblfipb Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because they get to leave together I think they'll take it.

Unless the fake eviction makes him thinks he/they're popular and they could win the show.

If they same deal was offered to cat and Lawson I bet they'd be off like a shot !!
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its quite clear the producers are trying to save someone, hence how the randomly pick Travis to go into the power room and give Aisha and him another chance to leave.

I think it would have been better had this offer been made to all housemates with the first to press a buzzer or something gets the cash and goes.

While I agree why Aisha didn't take the cash I think as a pair they may as well take the money, their chances of winning are low given how long is left and for Aisha she'll be 45k richer whereas the winner of BB will get 160k I think now if her and Travis take it so really she's doing pretty well.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm astounded Ryan managed to get the most votes, let alone by 20% :/ He's absolutely insufferable, I think even Sandra was preferable to him... That was probably the easiest eviction to call since the start of the series though, she was always going to go and that's not something I'm particularly upset about. She was quite a good housemate at the start but she just became miserable and a bit nasty; she seemed a bit of a "mean girl" at times. Plus she really wasn't enjoying it, her eviction interview was the happiest she'd looked since about week 2!

I think Priya is definitely gone tonight (if Aisha and trav don't walk with the money) :( Although I love Aisha, I really want them to take the money now to save her. They'd be silly not to, I don't imagine either of them will win and with Aisha's 20k at well she has a guaranteed amount of money that will change her life. I'm really not sure they'll take it though... There really is going to be no prize fund left :p

If Ryan topped the vote, I don't think David will go just yet and Jason is too popular - then again it's so close to call so could be any of the three. I'm not too fond of Jason (he's alright but he's not as funny as he and the producers seem to think he is) and have gone off David so either of those two are fine over Priya!
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    OMGosh Skye is so good, and David was surprising.

Greatly enjoyed the music video and song. Watched it 4 times. :)

Skye is sure to get some kind of music role after this. [and she's grown to be my fav so i hope she does]

Wasn't really happy with how the eviction money temptation was handled, i would've liked to see it offered to the group and if people said they would take it then they would remain in the bidding, and the money would decrease until one person was left... or even just a straight up group offer and whoever jumped up first got it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow! Lawson's one of the slimiest guys to ever be on Big Brother, i can't believe this guy..

He's either a complete idiot or just doesn't give a crap what people think of him to go this far on Big Brother.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt with the first kiss, people make mistakes... he was pulling back from Cat and it's like okay, everyone can relate to making mistakes.

Then it all goes to hell. That poor girlfriend of his, the embarrassment she and her family must be going through. Three years, knows her family intimately... they were there for him in a period where he needed someone. I can't believe he so flippantly switches into that mode he's in with Cat... after yesterday's passionate apology i thought maybe he had a moment of reflection but then he's back in the bed snuggling with Cat nearly straightaway after. Unreal.

Even past the kissing, and intimate touching while knowing his GF and her family are probably watching the show.. telling Cat he loves her!? Straight up admitting he's cheating on his GF... And he doesn't even break up with his current girlfriend but keeps stringing her along with apologies, etc... Might as well just spit on his girlfriend and laugh in her face the amount of disrespect and embarrassment he's putting her through.

I don't really blame Cat all that much, she's not the one in a relationship and it's not her responsibility... it's shady to go after someone who's in a relationship, i agree but Lawson's inviting a relationship with Cat and sustaining things with her and in my view it's on him.

I also don't see it the same as Tully as i think Tully's relationship was more open and wasn't as serious, and i didn't see it nearly as bad.

I'll be shocked if Lawson isn't evicted the next time he's up, i can't go back on my belief that HGs should never be boo'd or chanted against and so i can't wish that upon him but maybe they could have his girlfriend read a letter and say her peace at his eviction or something, i don't know.
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -wrong thread-
  • Options
    PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catching up as I've been moving house this week.

Did I hear Priya say that 20k wouldn't help her out? But yet the 10k she took at the beginning was going to help her SO much!

I'm not surprised by Cat & Lawson and really couldn't give a damn either. They're both adults and it's not like cheating doesn't happen everyday in the real world. The only inconsiderate thing is cheating on national TV and making his GF suffer that humiliation. I do think it's very much like Tully & Drew, and I know another poster said above they don't think it is, but cheating is cheating. Drew and Cat also bear some responsibility for making plays at people who are taken. Says a lot about their characters too.

Can't stand the Aisha and Travis crap. Really wish they'd both walk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't agree,

I agree that cheating is terrible regardless but there's different contexts and severity of which to judge a person or situation on, at the same time.

A person cheating while married isn't the same as someone cheating on someone they've been dating for a few months, for example... the cheating? Yes, as mentioned i think the cheating is terrible regardless but i feel the entirety isn't the exact same. So, basically i would look at both Tully/Lawson's cheating behavior as bad but then while proceeding to delve deep into the entirety i wouldn't reach the exact same conclusion with both.

What i remember of Tully is that she had an on and off again rocky relationship with her then girlfriend, and it was even questionable if they were truly in a committed closed relationship that was progressing.

That to me is much different than a committed 3 year relationship, where there's much intimacy with the family as well as the GF, and he spoke of how much they were there for him, etc.

I agreed that Cat had some responsibility, in her actions being shady but i don't think she's to blame. She didn't make any commitments, she doesn't have any real responsibility in the situation other than respecting someone else's... it's almost all on Lawson in my eyes, he's the one that needs to set boundaries and make things clear, and not let things cross a line of which he did nothing of the sort and encouraged and invited and allowed instead. I found Aisha mostly blaming Cat to be ridiculous but whatever.
  • Options
    PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lawson also said his relationship had been on the rocks I think during a convo with Ryan during the hotel task. He said they split a week before he entered, but then 'got back together' a day or two before he entered.

Either way, cheating or not, there must have been problems in the relationship for him to be even tempted to stray elsewhere. Hardly the sign of a committed relationship.