HMV to go into administration :(

15678911»

Comments

• gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like you wont be glad anymore:(

I know, it was my day off today and wasn't a phonecall I was expecting/wanting... shame really, I've been upset pretty much all day. I've been working for HMV for near 5 years now and made some amazing friends through that shop, both staff and customers (weirdly I met my best mate after serving him at work ha)... It's sad that the shop is shutting and I'm losing my job, but I'm trying to be positive and look at the bright side - all those people will still be in my life, shop or no shop.

I just hope that Hillco (when/if they announce an "official' buy out) manage to turn the company around and put in place what the old bosses never managed to do. It's been run very badly in my opinion, and a lot of wrong decisions made. It'll be sad if they go completely.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndyTSJ wrote: »
    I disagree, HMV has been turning over a billion pound a year. That's a viable business.

Badly managed though. Take two London stores. Oxford Street makes £1.3m per year. Trocodero down the road which is closing has to pay rent of £1.6m per year. So the viable store couldn't even support the fledgeling store down the road.
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    I know, it was my day off today and wasn't a phonecall I was expecting/wanting... shame really, I've been upset pretty much all day. I've been working for HMV for near 5 years now and made some amazing friends through that shop, both staff and customers (weirdly I met my best mate after serving him at work ha)... It's sad that the shop is shutting and I'm losing my job, but I'm trying to be positive and look at the bright side - all those people will still be in my life, shop or no shop.

I just hope that Hillco (when/if they announce an "official' buy out) manage to turn the company around and put in place what the old bosses never managed to do. It's been run very badly in my opinion, and a lot of wrong decisions made. It'll be sad if they go completely.

I am really sorry to hear about this gelbma0991. I thought you were a customer and not an employee too, my thoughts are with you and I really hope you find employment. I know that a couple of the guys at my local HMV have heard rumours that their HMV will be turned into an Apple Store and they are registered sellers of Apple products so are hoping for employment with them.