Clara is a......

Comments

• roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't have thought a TARDIS with the empath in tonight's episode saying that she was just a normal girl?.... but could be wrong... :)
    I wonder if clara is the great great grand daughtet of the time travel, and maybe this is why the tardis dosnt like clara
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's being controlled by the Celestial Toymaker, and he's the one who's put two other Clara's at other points in time.

http://asuccessionofbusynothings.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/6916683553_b274a2570d_z.jpg
  • SamsterSamster Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    With the TARDIS, surely it as simple as her being jealous that someone else is captivating the Doctor?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    If she was a TARDIS she would have been able to translate the barking dog woman in the market...
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time Lady
    my theory is

It is suggested in a non canon work that the events in the movies pre date An Unearthly Child (for the Doctor).
    Lets assume that Cushing/Hartnell are One Doctor.
    Hiding himself and his Grandchildren from an enemy (see Human Nature) in the first movie.
    Note that in the film a Granddaughte is Barbera and in TV show a teacher is Barbera.

However my theory is she is a Time Lord called ????RA
    so BarbeRA is now ClaRA. A regenerated child of Gallifrey but as per Human Nature does not know who she is. BUT the Tardis does (why it does not like her).

I claim £10 for solving the Clara mystery.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time Lady

One of the more reputable sources of info has said that she's not any kind of Time Lord/Lady and she's not the daughter of anyone we've met.

I really do think she's just an ordinary girl who later gets involved in something that sends her across time. Moffat is trolling us rather epically by saying we'll never guess who she is because he has actually already told us repeatedly - she's an ordinary girl - but we're expecting there to be more to it! Moffat is a damn tricksy little hobbit like that :D
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Exactly she's an ordinary girl.
  • alaninmcralaninmcr Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samster wrote: »
    With the TARDIS, surely it as simple as her being jealous that someone else is captivating the Doctor?

Has the TARDIS ever appeared jealous of River?
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alaninmcr wrote: »

Nope but River has no intention of sticking around whereas Clara currently seems set to stay for a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    alaninmcr wrote: »

No but river is a child of the tardis, they have a special bond. No need to get jealous.
  • DinoDino Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coat rack??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Dino wrote: »
    coat rack??

wasn't it an umbrella stand that was missing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Clara Is a .........

Lot like her who used to be in Emmerdale.
  • DinoDino Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    studio118 wrote: »
    wasn't it an umbrella stand that was missing
    Ah... Erm... Good point! They double as coat racks though.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    It's been fairly hammered down that she really is just a normal human girl.

Of course that doesn't mean that someone didn't 'make' this normal human girl with a purpose in mind. I think she's been created for him - by who and for what is still the big questions.

It's something to do with the Great Intelligence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    It's something to do with the Great Intelligence.

Good decoy to keep the doctor busy ;)
    unravel the mystery of Clara whilst someone planning harm can work a lot easier.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    okay will put my £10 back in the pot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I thought Emma Grayling's "She's a girl. Just a normal girl" answer to the Doctor's question "Who is she?" was a bit... automatic. Like she had been compelled to say it.
  • ukgnomeukgnome Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, here is my poke at Clara :o

Clara is the first person to interact with the Great Intelligence, and he (it) is totally hung up over this, so much so that as an experiment he seeds Clara throughout time and space, hoping that each incarnation of her will be just like his (its) original Clara.
  • davebtdavebt Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    In this timeline Clara is currently a completely normal healthy girl and no other versions of her yet exist. Whatever will happen to cause the other Clara's is to unfold in the episodes yet to come.
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hottie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Random though.

Could Clara be the Dalek from the Episode Dalek, that has been Bad Wolved Back into life by Rose ? Because It showed emotion from the transference and all that.
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davebt wrote: »
    In this timeline Clara is currently a completely normal healthy girl and no other versions of her yet exist. Whatever will happen to cause the other Clara's is to unfold in the episodes yet to come.

^^^ this ^^^

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I said this yesterday but

My theory is that they are all the same Clara.

The current one is the earliest Clara, then somehow she will lose her memory's before and with The Doctor and become Victorian Clara, then after that Clara dies she gets turned into the Dalek Clara.
  • MartinMartin Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thinking whilst doing the washing up. 'Run you clever boy run', is it a reference to when the Doctor originally stole the tardis?
    I have read we find out why he did this in the final episode, so is she connected with the Doctor's mother?:confused: