Coleen and family go to Lourdes

13»

Comments

• slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeeLush wrote: »
    I dont begrudge them wearing what the hell they want.

I know I couldnt leave my daughter in a coma and go....you can all rant as much as you like that making such a comment makes me a vile person, couldnt care less. i would have thought ONE parent would have stayed with her. Opinions we're all entitlted to them :)

I have to say I think this is one situation where you really can't judge unless you've been in it. It might sound crass but if you've been bringing up such a profoundly disabled little girl things that would be absolute life changing disasters to other parents become challenges you have to deal with if they're happening all the time.

Also bear in mind that if Rosie is on the mend and improving she might be home soon and then they will be caring for her 24/7 again and it may be even more demanding than it was before.

They may very well be taking the last chance they'll have for some time for themselves for ages whilst Rosie is being cared for in hospital.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    ???? I get that people buy merchandise and the like, but how is it even likely that theyd be dressed this way to prevent others from mingling in? Theyve gone with Mum, Dad and aunties. Im sure they would know if a random person tagged along. As for spotting each other, sorry but any siteseeing place you go too is heaving with Tourists, people dont buy matching hoodies there, people have meet up places 'Incase' they get lost, split up, or wonder off.

I'm sorry that's bullshine, I went to a wedding this week and I didn't even know who some of the people were there even though I'm related to them, they may all know Coleen and her parents but they don't necessarily know each other.

And people DO wear matching hoodies when they go to tourist places together - have you not been in an airport in the last 10 years, they're heaving with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus in addition Coleen probably has security and they might have been working for her for a short period of time and THEY wouldn't know who the entire group was either.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How bizarre that they didn't take the recipient with them.:confused:
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    of all the critiscisms I've read on DS , throughout various topics, having a go at people for wearing jumpers emblazoned with Lourdes on it has to be one of the most inane and stupid ones ever

judging someone for wearing an item of clothing is just so beyond petty
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shown her true colours with the chavvy on tour hoodies.
  • Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    of all the critiscisms I've read on DS , throughout various topics, having a go at people for wearing jumpers emblazoned with Lourdes on it has to be one of the most inane and stupid ones ever

Gee, thanks for branding me as the OP 'inane and stupid' - you've made my day! Perhaps you'd like to read the thread properly to see the points I and others have made.

:D:D
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gee, thanks for branding me as the OP 'inane and stupid' - you've made my day! Perhaps you'd like to read the thread properly to see the points I and others have made.

I didn't call anyone stupid, I called the comments stupid- if that was unclear then I apolgise
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude1979 wrote: »
    I thought it all looked a bit cheap wearing the tracksuits but they said on This Morning that many people do this to stand out as it gets so crowded, it helps to identify the group you are with? Have anyone been there that can comment on that? Apparently lots of people wear clothes that they have made/brought especially for the trip.

This is absolutely true and I'm surprised they are even bringing it up as an issue to be honest :confused:

On a similar note, it reminds me of when the DM were writing about the Mass in Bellahouston Park and said something to the effect of "everything going really well, except the weather letting the side down."

It was a perfectly lovely day for for that time of year in Glasgow :D
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't you think that people might have read the thread properly and still found some of the posts inane and stupid?

The points made against Coleen and her family are;

1) They're wearing clothes some posters find tacky.
    2) They've left Rosie behind when she's so ill, and many posters feel they wouldn't do this themselves.

To which the answers are;

1)Tackiness is down to personal taste. It's likely that Coleen and her family don't share the opinion that the clothes are tacky.
    2) Fair enough, but Coleen and her family presumably believe that their visit to Lourdes may achieve something for Rosie. I personally think the only thing that can be gained from Lourdes is a placebo effect, but they wouldn't agree.
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slsls wrote: »
    I'm sorry that's bullshine, I went to a wedding this week and I didn't even know who some of the people were there even though I'm related to them, they may all know Coleen and her parents but they don't necessarily know each other.

And people DO wear matching hoodies when they go to tourist places together - have you not been in an airport in the last 10 years, they're heaving with them.

She wouldn't know her Aunties/Mum/Dad??????

Come off it, I get that it maybe the case for family's that arent close, or very distant but clearly this family IS close. I highly doubt she would misjudge a reporter as one of her close relatives.:rolleyes:

As for going away yes I do see the odd people in matching items but their generally School trips, Stag's/Hen do's, On Tours, Jokey things etc or Japanese/Chinese in VERY large groups. Certainly NOT people that want a low key get away, as one of the party is a 'celeb' that's being hounded by the press. You want to blend in as much as possible not stand out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I think this is one situation where you really can't judge unless you've been in it. It might sound crass but if you've been bringing up such a profoundly disabled little girl things that would be absolute life changing disasters to other parents become challenges you have to deal with if they're happening all the time.

Also bear in mind that if Rosie is on the mend and improving she might be home soon and then they will be caring for her 24/7 again and it may be even more demanding than it was before.

They may very well be taking the last chance they'll have for some time for themselves for ages whilst Rosie is being cared for in hospital.

But if she's in the clear and on the mend....Why go to lourdes?

If they want a break before returning to a difficult and hectic routine.......again, Why go to Lourdes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus in addition Coleen probably has security and they might have been working for her for a short period of time and THEY wouldn't know who the entire group was either.

The only one that would even remotely 'need' protection would be Coleen, why would Security need to protect Aunties and the like which the media arent interested in? They are only interested in Coleen's whereabouts and what she's doing, so the only person security need to identify would be Coleen. Not likely they need to know the rest of the party as long as they do what their trained to do and keep 'A close eye' on the person their being paid to protect?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    The only one that would even remotely 'need' protection would be Coleen, why would Security need to protect Aunties and the like which the media arent interested in? They are only interested in Coleen's whereabouts and what she's doing, so the only person security need to identify would be Coleen. Not likely they need to know the rest of the party as long as they do what their trained to do and keep 'A close eye' on the person their being paid to protect?

Yes. They would be protecting Coleen. But Coleen doesn't need protecting from her own party does she? If her security needed to differentiate between people in her party and people who were just members of the public who they'd need to keep away. And also so that they didn't body slam one of Coleen's poor aunties and tell her to sod off if they went near her. It's not exactly rocket science to work that out.:confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is, but judging them on their fashion sense while a family member is ill is pushing things even for DS.

I can see people will have their views on the value of a trip to Lourdes, and even the merits of leaving a child behind to do so, but it is one thing to give a view on what you might do, but another to condemn those who have different opinions. The suggestion of some is that the family have gone for a jolly at a theme park, and don't care about the child, which I think it unfair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Don't you think that people might have read the thread properly and still found some of the posts inane and stupid?

The points made against Coleen and her family are;

1) They're wearing clothes some posters find tacky.
    2) They've left Rosie behind when she's so ill, and many posters feel they wouldn't do this themselves.

To which the answers are;

1)Tackiness is down to personal taste. It's likely that Coleen and her family don't share the opinion that the clothes are tacky.
    2) Fair enough, but Coleen and her family presumably believe that their visit to Lourdes may achieve something for Rosie. I personally think the only thing that can be gained from Lourdes is a placebo effect, but they wouldn't agree.

you forgot to add its very common in lourdes to wear that style of tops.in groups :)

...............My family did a trip to raise funds for mnd and had tops like that made, they arent chavvy, they just wanted to mark the occasion and it made them all feel closer together at such a worrying time.

Im sure that the family thought long and hard before going on the trip rather than just skipping off without a thought for the bairn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. They would be protecting Coleen. But Coleen doesn't need protecting from her own party does she? If her security needed to differentiate between people in her party and people who were just members of the public who they'd need to keep away. And also so that they didn't body slam one of Coleen's poor aunties and tell her to sod off if they went near her. It's not exactly rocket science to work that out.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sorry your post makes no sense at all???

The only part I understood was that Coleen doesnt need protection from her family.....Clearly not. I was stating their job is to watch over Coleen, noone else? I highly doubt spending so much time with the party that they need to recognise a hoodie to see which of them is Coleens family. Clearly wouldnt be very good at their job if that was the case, and they never noticed the faces around Coleen that werent a threat before entering such a busy place?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A trip to Lourdes for a catholic is a special pilgrimage, especially when a sick relative is involved. The family must be going through hell and I reckon the tops are there just as a little pick me up to mark a very special pilgrimage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A trip to Lourdes for a catholic is a special pilgrimage, especially when a sick relative is involved. The family must be going through hell and I reckon the tops are there just as a little pick me up to mark a very special pilgrimage.

But it's drawing attention to them, when one of the party is a 'celeb' that claims to want 'Privacy'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was drawing attention to themselves but im sure they were there for the right reasons...but the hoodies are very tacky. It would kinda make u think the fact that she has CR written on her one was a message to the press !!! ( if u were cynical lol)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paris192 wrote: »
    it was drawing attention to themselves but im sure they were there for the right reasons...but the hoodies are very tacky. It would kinda make u think the fact that she has CR written on her one was a message to the press !!! ( if u were cynical lol)

People are way too cynical on here. Even if they are tacky - so what? Do you really think that Rosie's mum and dad (e.g. Coleens parents) are bothered by that? Their daughter is ill, very ill - and if those hoodies make them feel a bit better or have any use, then so be it.

For about ten years, they've been caring for a very ill little girl and they are dedicating their lives to her, because caring for someone that ill and for such a long time (about a decade) can't be easy.

Yet all people can do is slagging them off due to their hoodies. Get a life, I'm sure DS users aren't perfect either and I bet that only a few people on here would have had such a big heart like the McLoughlins. :mad:

Cut them some slack!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paris192 wrote: »

Which I am, after so long of watching these 'celebs' play the media to their advantage :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moireen wrote: »
    People are way too cynical on here. Even if they are tacky - so what? Do you really think that Rosie's mum and dad (e.g. Coleens parents) are bothered by that? Their daughter is ill, very ill - and if those hoodies make them feel a bit better or have any use, then so be it.

For about ten years, they've been caring for a very ill little girl and they are dedicating their lives to her, because caring for someone that ill and for such a long time (about a decade) can't be easy.

Yet all people can do is slagging them off due to their hoodies. Get a life, I'm sure DS users aren't perfect either and I bet that only a few people on here would have had such a big heart like the McLoughlins. :mad:

Cut them some slack!

I don't think the main issue is the tackiness of them. Just people discussing whether a low key trip to pray for your sick sister should involve hoodies that draw certain attention to you (press). And certain posters saying is it best to not have one parent by Rosies side incase it takes a turn for the worse?