Would you be happy to pay an increase in tax to make work optional?

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    perhaps all the people who can't work on this boat due to medical issues should be drowned eh Hugh :rolleyes:

I honestly think a lot of people would take that option
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perhaps all the people who can't work on this boat due to medical issues should be drowned eh Hugh :rolleyes:

What an awful thing to say, I guess you think we should throw the elderly over board aswell? Vile!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I find your lack of faith in humanity worrying. If someone chooses not to work, fine but don't expect help.

Those to ill to work should be helped as much as possible same for those who are disabled. But I'm of the same opinion of my disabled brother inlaw. He wants us to see what he can do not what he can't. An thats what we do,
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member

s'ok. we'll wait til he's finished his spliff. :cool:
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    That is the stupidest suggestion I've ever heard
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    abivan wrote: »
    Work defines you.

It is how others see you, your family and your children.

It allows you to live for yourself (aside from personal obligations)

Work is everything. It is a pain in the arse getting up at 6 every morning but it is such a fundamental part of a human existence that I really pity those who can not see its worth.

+1
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    I find your lack of faith in humanity worrying. If someone chooses not to work, fine but don't expect help.

Those to ill to work should be helped as much as possible same for those who are disabled. But I'm of the same opinion of my disabled brother inlaw. He wants us to see what he can do not what he can't. An thats what we do,

It's not a lack of faith it's what I've read on here and other places saying that it doesn't matter if someone is disabled they should work and why should we pay for them not to as it's not their fault someone else is disabled.

I'm a 24/7 carer for 3 disabled family members so I do take notice of things and suggestions what are said.

On rowing the boat I can't row I'm to busy taking care of them
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    What an awful thing to say, I guess you think we should throw the elderly over board aswell? Vile!

i was bewing sarcastic, thats what i thought you were saying, i am disabled myself, so are my parents and some of my friends so i wasn't saying thats what i thought,
    Forum Member
    Stop writing yourself off, we will find some thing you can do , we look at the ability on this boat, whatever it may be you'll find a job here. We will do everything we can to enable you to work.

what i was replying to earlier, you know when you were picking on koantemplation, that is why i said what i did

so you know i wasn't being vile
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a lack of faith it's what I've read on here and other places saying that it doesn't matter if someone is disabled they should work and why should we pay for them not to as it's not their fault someone else is disabled.

I'm a 24/7 carer for 3 disabled family members so I do take notice of things and suggestions what are said.

But you're working, helping, caring ... You've completely missed the point here. It's about those who choose not to work expecting others to take a tax increase to fund their own CHOICE of not working. It's not about the sick, or people who can't find a job etc, ITS ABOUT FIT HEALTHY PEOPLE CHOOSING NOT TO TAKE A JOB OR PEOPLE NOT PREPARED TO FIND A JOB THAT THEY ARE ABLE TO DO.
    Forum Member

there is a lot of sigma about disability on these forums sadly :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is a lot of sigma about disability on these forums sadly :(

No there isn't its just any mention of cutting benefits ends up with a large part of this forums user base declaring everyone to be anti disability. Which is wrong, genuinely disabled people will always get help.
    Forum Member
    But you're working, helping, caring ... You've completely missed the point here. It's about those who choose not to work expecting others to take a tax increase to fund their own CHOICE of not working. It's not a out the sick, or people who can't find a job etc, ITS ABOT FIT HEALTHY PEOPLE CHOOSING NOT TO TAKE A JOB OR PEOPLE NOT PREPARED TO FIND A JOB THAT THEY ARE SBLE TO DO.

what jobs, there are a lack of low skilled jobs available, i mysef am trying to get into the workplace, have been unable to find any low skilled jobs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you're working, helping, caring ... You've completely missed the point here. It's about those who choose not to work expecting others to take a tax increase to fund their own CHOICE of not working. It's not about the sick, or people who can't find a job etc, ITS ABOUT FIT HEALTHY PEOPLE CHOOSING NOT TO TAKE A JOB OR PEOPLE NOT PREPARED TO FIND A JOB THAT THEY ARE ABLE TO DO.

Hugh I think we have both said that about 3 or 4 times but people still think we are being penises for not wanting to pay for people who wan't to do nothing whatsoever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what jobs, there are a lack of low skilled jobs available, i mysef am trying to get into the workplace, have been unable to find any low skilled jobs

look at what's being said repeatedly nobody is talking about people that wan't a job but can't get one. JEBUS
    Forum Member
    No there isn't its just any mention of cutting benefits ends up with a large part of those forums user base declaring everyone to be anti disability. Which is wrong, genuinely disabled people will always get help.

help with their disability or financial help, i have been trying to get a appointment with a psychiatrist for ages, haven't seen one since 2011, have been shoved on a waiting list (a long one from what i have been told) am trying to get help getting into work, finding a employer that wil understand my issues but no help there, just got parked in the system by the people that are supposed to help

my father can't cope, he is 68 he keeps getting suicidal thoughts, can he get any help,
  • toddypoostoddypoos Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    In my opinion - I have been shouted at three times today at work ( two things were not my fault,btw) I came home feeling like shit - I could sit at home every day and watch Jezza Kyle - but that don't pay the bills - you live, you interact, you learn xx :-) @ luckytohaveajob.com
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you're working, helping, caring ... You've completely missed the point here. It's about those who choose not to work expecting others to take a tax increase to fund their own CHOICE of not working. It's not a out the sick, or people who can't find a job etc, ITS ABOT FIT HEALTHY PEOPLE CHOOSING NOT TO TAKE A JOB OR PEOPLE NOT PREPARED TO FIND A JOB THAT THEY ARE SBLE TO DO.

Oh and of course most unemployed people CHOOSE not work. I seriously wish you people would cut this bullshit and stop using this very tired crap as an attack on the unemployed.

Funny how so many people CHOOSE not to work.
    Please tell me, if all of these people are CHOOSING not to work, where are all of these jobs going unfilled because they have not got any applicants because people have CHOSEN not to work.
    Oh wait, not is not the case is it.

What is the case is that people are using the actions of a very small number, in comparison to the total number of unemployed people, as a means to attack people.
    It genuinely sickens me.

If this same shit was pulled on the blind, mentally ill or blacks there would be serious problems over it.
  • toddypoostoddypoos Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    doesn't - not don't :-)
    Forum Member
    toddypoos wrote: »
    In my opinion - I have been shouted at three times today at work ( two things were not my fault,btw) I came home feeling like shit - I could sit at home every day and watch Jezza Kyle - but that don't pay the bills - you live, you interact, you learn xx :-) @ luckytohaveajob.com

so all unemployed stay home and watch Jeremy Kyle :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OMG, ok back to he ridiculous boat, ok there are 20 rowing seats on the boat but 25 people want to row, you'll be one of those wanting to row but unable to that's fine. But over on the deck are 20 fit healthy people with no intention of help they're using resources, sun bathing, take take take and expecting you to row harder when they want to go somewhere else, whilst still sun bathing. They're are what we don't want.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R410 wrote: »
    Oh and of course most unemployed people CHOOSE not work. I seriously wish you people would cut this bullshit and stop using this very tired crap as an attack on the unemployed.

Please tell me, if all of these people are CHOOSING not to work, where are all of these jobs going unfilled because they have not got any applicants because people have CHOSEN not to work.

What is the case is that people are using the actions of a very small number, in comparison to the total number of unemployed people, as a means to attack people.
    It genuinely sickens me.

If this same shit was pulled on the blind, mentally ill or blacks there would be serious problems over it.

You clearly haven't read the thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so all unemployed stay home and watch Jeremy Kyle :rolleyes:

He never said all unemployed do that at all, an if you think that the. I suggest you educate yourself. He said that's what he may want to do.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member

OFGS. read the thread. its about a hypothetical situation.as to whether people should be supported to choose not to work.

and a boat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It genuinely sickens me.

Go read the first post in the thread,