Netflix-Anyone on the trials?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Noiseboy wrote: »
    Yes, I have those features - not the earlier ones mentioned though. I had no idea it was only in certain trial areas, and I sure don't live in those - but I've had Netflix for about a month now (can't remember the exact date). Box reports Hardware is 4.0, software 20.3.5.RC6-VMS-2-C8A.

The software you are quoting is the updated version so you shouldhave all the features quoted in my previous post. If you follow the link it is at the bottom of page 3.
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Clank007 wrote: »
    I live in one of those trial areas and joined Netflix to try the app on my Tivo.
    All I can say is - wow. I've watched the first 2 series of Breaking Bad plus the Hobbit film all with a glorious picture on my new non smart Samsung TV with no lag at all.

This for me is very new so forgive my enthusiasm, but at just £6 a month it's a steal considering I recently paid £5 just to watch the new Star Trek film on demand!

Its worth it just for Breaking Bad. Without Netflix I wouldn't have watched this show. House of Cards is pretty good too.

Now, if VM get Lovefilm on TiVo, then that comes a killer feature, because the TiVo searches would include TV, VOD, Virgin Movies, Netflix and Lovefilm! Very, very useful.
  • NoiseboyNoiseboy Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dezzie wrote: »
    The software you are quoting is the updated version so you shouldhave all the features quoted in my previous post. If you follow the link it is at the bottom of page 3.

Yes, I have all that - what I don't have is the stuff that Richard G said people have here on the US site - http://blog.tivo.com/2012/10/fall-update-for-tivo-premiere-dvrs/#.UlLvY1AqiRl .
  • Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if the updates had included improvements to the Spotify app which is pretty awful.
    Forum Member
    Yes, I have all that - what I don't have is the stuff that Richard G said people have here on the US site - http://blog.tivo.com/2012/10/fall-update-for-tivo-premiere-dvrs/#.UlLvY1AqiRl .

That is all in the update. Don't forget it will be inVirgin Red and have the english names. To Do list is Planned Recordings, Seasons pass is series link etc A quick check is on planned recordings and press the Blue button and the display will change.
  • NoiseboyNoiseboy Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is all in the update. Don't forget it will be inVirgin Red and have the english names. To Do list is Planned Recordings, Seasons pass is series link etc A quick check is on planned recordings and press the Blue button and the display will change.

Ah yes.... and History is Recording Hiccups? Fair dos, just different terminology I guess.
  • JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it fix the major bug where KUID programmes are deleted?
  • virginskyfanvirginskyfan Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it you can't record from Netflix to your box?
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No chance, why would you even need to?
    Forum Member
    kmusgrave wrote: »
    Does it fix the major bug where KUID programmes are deleted?

Don't know as I've never had that happen. Have got some shows over a year old and box has been up to 95% full.
  • richard_g_ukrichard_g_uk Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry about that - should have clarified.
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member

in that case I wonder if we will get this feature:

"A few more things

In the Grid Guide, if you press LEFT to highlight a channel number and then press SELECT, you will see options like “Add to favorites” and “Remove from Channel List”."
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member

"A few more things

In the Grid Guide, if you press LEFT to highlight a channel number and then press SELECT, you will see options like “Add to favorites” and “Remove from Channel List”."
    I believe that is part of the update, yes.
  • Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,323
    Forum Member
    BenMcr77 wrote: »
    Really ?
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member

"A few more things

martine93 wrote: »
    Really ?
    I was concentrating on the first bit, not the second bit. And I also didn't realise that first bit was already there.

So not actually sure about the second bit. Someone on the Community Forum here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo-and-Netflix-Pilot/TiVo-Update-concurrent-with-Arrival-of-Netflix/m-p/2003318#M106 said yes, but they may also be talking about the first bit
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    because if we can remove channels then the SD versions of HD channels will be gone!

so many people on mine choose BBC1SD and go its no different on HD......

yet im on BBCHD now and Strictly looks and sounds amazing!

razor sharp.
  • madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have Netflix on my tivo, nor on my tv or dvd player unfortunately. I tried streaming from my pc but having a 20 something foot lead across the room wasn't really practical.I also found that some shows were choppy and out of sync.So I purchased a Roku media streamer and it does a great job.
    Forum Member
    I was concentrating on the first bit, not the second bit. And I also didn't realise that first bit was already there.

So not actually sure about the second bit. Someone on the Community Forum here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo-and-Netflix-Pilot/TiVo-Update-concurrent-with-Arrival-of-Netflix/m-p/2003318#M106 said yes, but they may also be talking about the first bit

Have re-read my post and it is only the first bit. You have two choices, Watch Now or Add To Favorites.
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just to clarify. This is NOT part of the Netflix software update.

It is already there on the current TiVo software level. Try it and see that.

When in the main EPG guide, push left arrow to get to channel number. Press OK and you will get options to Watch Now or add/remove from favourites.
    Forum Member
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    Just to clarify. This is NOT part of the Netflix software update.

It is already there on the current TiVo software level. Try it and see that.

When in the main EPG guide, push left arrow to get to channel number. Press OK and you will get options to Watch Now or add/remove from favourites.

Thanks Ernie. Getting difficult to remember what it was like before the update. :confused:
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Ernie. Getting difficult to remember what it was like before the update. :confused:

No problem - you can't know what was on the last release if you are on the new one.

Looking forward to the new release, particularly the function which helps with conflict management.
  • dingdangdodingdangdo Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Any idea when this will be rolled out nationwide as I am holding off buying an AV Adaptor to link. My ipad to the tv?
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news on the national roll out? Apparently its to be before the end of the year
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on the national roll out? Apparently its to be before the end of the year
    dingdangdo wrote: »
    Any idea when this will be rolled out nationwide as I am holding off buying an AV Adaptor to link. My ipad to the tv?

It will be by the end of the year, probably next month as they will want the update out the way before Christmas.
    madj40 wrote: »
    I don't have Netflix on my tivo, nor on my tv or dvd player unfortunately. I tried streaming from my pc but having a 20 something foot lead across the room wasn't really practical.I also found that some shows were choppy and out of sync.So I purchased a Roku media streamer and it does a great job.

Why buy a Roku Media Streamer when it will be on Tivo soon? No point in wasting £50!
  • madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    It will be by the end of the year, probably next month as they will want the update out the way before Christmas.

Why buy a Roku Media Streamer when it will be on Tivo soon? No point in wasting £50!

I agree, but at the time I had no idea it was coming to Tivo. Incidentally,at the moment I can watch on pc,TV and phone.Would I have been able to do the same If I had waited?