Options

Being Human USA - what happened?

After showing Series One (on Watch I think) this seems to have disappeared from our screens. Has It been dropped, as Continuum has from SciFi?

While it wasn't as good as our home grown Being Human, I was quite enjoying it. Understand there have been several seasons in the US. I wish these bloody channels would not pick up shows, get you interested, then just drop them (probably only to pick up an inferior series instead).

Does anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 2 will be on Watch on July 14th.

http://watch.uktv.co.uk/shows/being-human-usa/

It's been cancelled in the U.S but it did run for 4 seasons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Oh good, thanks for that! Just thought it had been a long time.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Season 2 will be on Watch on July 14th.

http://watch.uktv.co.uk/shows/being-human-usa/

It's been cancelled in the U.S but it did run for 4 seasons.

It's worth noting this was the writer's choice - they brought it to a natural end rather than the network binning it (at least that's the claim)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Syfy would of axed it anyway regardless of the writer's choice. The ratings were terrible.

But it's rare any syfy show can end on their own times and not because syfy say so, so Being human should count it's self lucky.
  • Options
    RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't enjoy season 1 of Being Human US too much - felt I was just comparing it to the UK original. After that however, it really found its feet and took of on its own path, and it became absolutely brilliant - as good as, or (dare I say?) better than the Brit series.

Hope you get to see the rest, OP.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My main issue is i felt none of the actors were suited in the american counterparts of the show. Aiden, Lenora and Russell were perfectly cast in those roles but the american actors I felt just did not get the characters.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^guess I was lucky to have NOT seen the UK original cos watching the US version I thought the actors fitted their roles to perfection.
  • Options
    RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My main issue is i felt none of the actors were suited in the american counterparts of the show. Aiden, Lenora and Russell were perfectly cast in those roles but the american actors I felt just did not get the characters.

I felt similarly in season 1, changed after that when the storylines diverged and they became their own characters rather than copies of the originals.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Watch have announced that they will start showing season 3 of Being Human US on the 20th October at 11pm!
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Wait, the show had four seasons? I thought it was cancelled after only one? What the hell ... how did I miss that?

Ignore the above. Got this mixed up with Almost Human. :blush: