Options

2014 Celebs. Who do we think?

Comments

• Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    Tess was on Sunday Brunch this morning. She said she knows "four or five names" and they are "young and sexy".

Mel Giedroyc is definitely in then.

bib: Hopefully they will be male, and contenders.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Not forgetting this hunk of meat.

Bring on the slashed to the navel shirts!
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    bib: Hopefully they will be male, and contenders.

Again... it's looking great for Alan Hansen.
  • Options
    Jorf68Jorf68 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    For all those moaning about mark wright being a possible signing imagine the shivers of ' would Peter Andre and his partner xxx take to the floor'
    Now that would really make me reach for the sick bucket
    Let's be thankful for small mercies
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not forgetting this hunk of meat.

>:( that was so evil of you! :cry:
  • Options
    spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has probably been discussed already but aren't the celebs announced in late August?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    spotty_cat wrote: »
    This has probably been discussed already but aren't the celebs announced in late August?

They're usually announced officially in the first week of September, but we have a good idea of the line-up by late August, yes.
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're usually announced officially in the first week of September, but we have a good idea of the line-up by late August, yes.

I thought as much, so how easy is it to become a 'Showbiz Reporter' and speak on BBC London 94.9 for 1 hour rehashing stuff you've read on the net? Some bint on the radio last night said the line up was: Judy Murray, Greg Radio 1, Frankie Saturday, Alan Hansen and Mark Wright. I assumed it was an 'official' line-up, not net goss! ^_^ She was peeved as Mark Wright had told her last week he "wasn't interested in doing any more reality shows." I'm peeved she's getting money for old rope! :p
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jorf68 wrote: »
    For all those moaning about mark wright being a possible signing imagine the shivers of ' would Peter Andre and his partner xxx take to the floor'

Even worse it could be John McCrirrick. Now THAT would really have me reaching for the sick bucket, not to mention switching my TV off!
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    Last year there was much said about Rebecca Adlington and how the show supposedly turned her down. Today there is a report of how she has lost a load of weight - maybe she will be on this year (not that her weight should have ever prevented her before). Although if she was turned down in a harsh rejecting way then I wonder if she'd ever consider it again.

I think Rebecca was turned down because they didn't want Olympians in the cast. Having just come from I'm a Celebrity I doubt they'd go for her this year either TBH.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How is Mark Wright any less nauseating than Peter Andre? He's in the same mould as him! It's only going to get worse if he appears on Strictly. I wouldn't be suprised if ITV gave him is own 'reality' show like Peter Andre. He's an attention seeker.

It does make me wonder why the producers have resorted to him. Are they that much in need of tacky tabloid publicity? He's not even a successful tv presenter - the shows he's presented have bombed on ITV 2. I can't believe they can't find another better presenter willing to do Strictly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    How is Mark Wright any less nauseating than Peter Andre? He's in the same mould as him! It's only going to get worse if he appears on Strictly. I wouldn't be suprised if ITV gave him is own 'reality' show like Peter Andre. He's an attention seeker.

It does make me wonder why the producers have resorted to him. Are they that much in need of tacky tabloid publicity? He's not even a successful tv presenter - the shows he's presented have bombed on ITV 2. I can't believe they can't find another better presenter willing to do Strictly.

I think it's possibly a case of them wanting Michelle and going for the second best thing. Mark means lots of shots of Michelle in the audience and tabloid mileage. For some reason, she's something of a tabloid darling and I imagine they've gone for Mark on the strength of that.

If they get Judy and Mark, we could have a few weeks of Andy/ Michelle audience shots and that'd be gold for the Producers (who exist in an admittedly bizarre universe where five second shots of more famous relations are worth their weight in gold!)

To change topic slightly, I think Mark, Helen, Gregg, Judy and Frankie are probably the most likely at the moment, with Thom a strong contender. We've not heard anything about Dave since he (allegedly) denied it on his radio show so perhaps the theory that Dave has been replaced with DJ Mark is correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's possibly a case of them wanting Michelle and going for the second best thing. Mark means lots of shots of Michelle in the audience and tabloid mileage. For some reason, she's something of a tabloid darling and I imagine they've gone for Mark on the strength of that.

If they get Judy and Mark, we could have a few weeks of Andy/ Michelle audience shots and that'd be gold for the Producers (who exist in an admittedly bizarre universe where five second shots of more famous relations are worth their weight in gold!)

To change topic slightly, I think Mark, Helen, Gregg, Judy and Frankie are probably the most likely at the moment, with Thom a strong contender. We've not heard anything about Dave since he (allegedly) denied it on his radio show so perhaps the theory that Dave has been replaced with DJ Mark is correct.
    Yeah I did wonder if it was because of Michelle that he might have got a place on the show and Mark will be put with a hot pro so they'll get some 'Michelle is jellus' type publicity! It just seems all very tacky and desperate. I wonder if she'll come to the shows.

I think Andy would perhaps be too busy come and see his mum on the show - though I'm sure they'll get some video messages of support and plenty of name dropping in.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This lineup is looking great at the moment - Helen, Frankie, Judy and Gregg are all quite big names!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    This lineup is looking great at the moment - Helen, Frankie, Judy and Gregg are all quite big names!

Yeah, it's quite a promising line-up so far. Chuck in the oft-rumoured Michelle Collins to up the glamour stakes and we could be looking at a very high profile year.

There's a few archetypes I've noticed from the past few years that I'm expecting to be cast again in 2014. The "big guy/ girl who CAN DANCE!" (Lisa/ Mark), the "camp guy to be given camper routines" (Julien/ Richard) and the "well, I've got a famous 'usband" (Nancy, Jo, Abbey, Pamela although I recognise she's had her own career, Penny) that I think will be filled. My bet for Camp is Colin and or Justin. Both are feasible and it'd be breaking new ground to have Strictly's first ever gay couple. Neither'd be long for this competition but hey, it makes use of Aliona and Kristina for a week or two.

I also think this might be the year of the Tyger (Drew-Honey) as he's turned 18 and it wouldn't look quite so sinister now to pair him with a full grown woman. Plus, that Charleston with Dani Harmer in Let's Dance was legitimately brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I also think this might be the year of the Tyger (Drew-Honey) as he's turned 18 and it wouldn't look quite so sinister now to pair him with a full grown woman. Plus, that Charleston with Dani Harmer in Let's Dance was legitimately brilliant.

Quite possibly. He's in a new series of Cuckoo which'll air in a couple of weeks, serving as a nice bit of cross promotion. I also think a similar reason was why Colin Salmon was cast (a new BBC Three show he was in began airing around the time he went out... coincidentally...)
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member

Oh NO - not Peter Andre! Will definitely be turning off if either Mark Wright or Peter Andre is on. Much as I love Strictly - they are just too much!!!!
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »

Have to agree with you. I thought ITV2 had given Mark two reality series and both bombed. He has no talent imo and Peter Andre is on everything - Lunch with Gino and Mel - and he even hosted 60 Minute Makeover which was awful.

Please please let neither one of them be on Strictly. . .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's a tiny bit in The Sun this morning that says Carol Cleveland has signed up and wants to prove " the older generation can dance".

I really like the sound of this . She's 72 but looks great on it and might be a good bet for Anton.

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/strictly-come-dancing/190908-monty-pythons-carol-cleveland-in-talks-for-strictly-come-dancing-2014.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooh. She sounds good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooh. She sounds good.

There's never been a 70 plus woman on the main series, has there?

We predicted her in this thread last week! Quite a clever move of the BBC to tie in the Python reunion if she does end up taking part. What's the betting we get a Foxtrot to Always Look On The Bright Side of Life?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's never been a 70 plus woman on the main series, has there?

We predicted her in this thread last week! Quite a clever move of the BBC to tie in the Python reunion if she does end up taking part. What's the betting we get a Foxtrot to Always Look On The Bright Side of Life?

Not to my knowledge, no (the only 70+s have been Paul Daniels and Johnny Ball, haven't they?) And judging by last year's week one songs (Vogue for Julien sticks in my mind and not for the right reasons), they'll shoehorn anything Python-esque in there for a dance or two. Heck, they'll probably make her do a Paso to the Lumberjack Song.
  • Options
    R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    Wonder when the official line-up will be confirmed by the BBC? I'm guessing next month?
  • Options
    Callum_BrownCallum_Brown Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the her at the Python show at the O2 a couple of weeks ago - a cracking body. A Charleston to 'Sit on my Face' would not be out of the question.
  • Options
    Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to my knowledge, no (the only 70+s have been Paul Daniels and Johnny Ball, haven't they?) And judging by last year's week one songs (Vogue for Julien sticks in my mind and not for the right reasons), they'll shoehorn anything Python-esque in there for a dance or two. Heck, they'll probably make her do a Paso to the Lumberjack Song.
    I saw the her at the Python show at the O2 a couple of weeks ago - a cracking body. A Charleston to 'Sit on my Face' would not be out of the question.

Or a rumba to 'Every Sperm is Sacred'.............:blush: