Stephen Gately

Comments

• Steve ThrelfallSteve Threlfall Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Lovely lad was Stephen
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I don't think anyone is in a position to judge whether he was a saint or a horrible man who hated his mother.

You don't know him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he hated his mother for a reason? Not every mother is a saint.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abibble wrote: »
    Maybe he hated his mother for a reason? Not every mother is a saint.

He didn't hate his mother, they had a falling out over the revelation that he was gay, didn't speak for ten years, but made it up before he died.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2009/10/21/stephen-gately-healed-ten-year-rift-with-mother-before-death/

The FM who's going on about Steven and his mother has a bee in his bonnet about him for some reason and appears to believe he was some kind of monster.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member
    Be nice to just appreciate him and not speculate please?

Sadly not going to happen :( People who are full of s**t usually like to stir it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    FishyFoo wrote: »
    It's always so sad when someone young dies. But to cry through your holiday for someone you never knew seems strange.

you know nothing about me or my life
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is in a position to judge whether he was a saint or a horrible man who hated his mother.

You don't know him.

He deliberately left his family out of his will - nothing! The people who brought him into this world(his parents) and his brothers and sisters were also ignored and they are all on a basic living!

Please explain how that makes him NOT nice?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be nice to just appreciate him and not speculate please?

& yet earlier in the thread you said:

I dont think he died due to his heart.

Dont want to speculate tho

So, in saying you don't want to speculate, you have done exactly that.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He deliberately left his family out of his will - nothing! The people who brought him into this world(his parents) and his brothers and sisters were also ignored and they are all on a basic living!

Well families are a complex thing and we don't know who held what views and who sided with who over what?

You don't have an automatic right to anything just because you are blood. It's up to the discretion of the individual.

There are those in my family I'd leave nothing, because they are absolute toasters.

I am not making any comment on SG's family as I don't know them. His reasons are his own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    nheaney wrote: »
    you know nothing about me or my life

Youve not lost anybody close then?
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did seem like a sweetheart. His death was one of the biggest showbiz shocks in my lifetime thus far. While I'd long grown out of Boyzone by the time this sadly happened, I had liked them a lot as a teenager.
  • Steve ThrelfallSteve Threlfall Posts: 151
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Youve not lost anybody close then?

yes and that is why i find it hard when someone young dies
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His poor mum I feel sorry for. 10 years ignoring her! What sort of son is that? If it was not for her bringing him into this world, feeding him, clothing him and loving him where would he be?

In JLS! :D
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please explain how that makes him NOT nice?

That's what Wills are for giving to whoever you want.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what Wills are for giving to whoever you want.

His mother and father lived in a council house making ends meet while he had millions. His brothers and sisters also had very little

Charity begins at home - period!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member
    His mother and father lived in a council house making ends meet while he had millions. His brothers and sisters also had very little

Got anymore Brady Bunch words of wisdom?
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Are Stephen's family members posting on this thread? Crying for a full holiday, hearts breaking, constant mentions of how he was such a lovely lad with a heart of gold. Are you normal fans or family members?

Sure, it was really sad that he died but so many others have also died, MJ, Aaliyah, the list would go on forever.

I quite liked his solo stuff. It's a shame it was not very successful. I guess it was all Ronan, Ronan, Ronan back then!
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was their choice to live in a council house, there's plenty of ways of getting out of that world if you actually try.

He doesn't (didn't) owe them anything.
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was their choice to live in a council house, there's plenty of ways of getting out of that world if you actually try.

True - and when most people die, they tend to leave their assets to their spouse/partner when they are that age.

He was in a civil partnership, so why would he live his money to his parents or siblings.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Has it occurred to you that perhaps they didn't want to get out of their council house, and that they were perfectly happy there?

And what exactly is 'that world'? All council houses don't have broken fences and windows with a wrecked car in the drive, overgrown gardens and a Rottweiler on a chain you know.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Stephen was entitled to leave his assets to whoever he wanted - be it family, friends, his partner or the local cats' home! It's nobody's business but his.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it occurred to you that perhaps they didn't want to get out of their council house, and that they were perfectly happy there?

And what exactly is 'that world'? All council houses don't have broken fences and windows with a wrecked car in the drive, overgrown gardens and a Rottweiler on a chain you know.

So you will leave all your money and assets when you pass on but NOT to your family? Yes or no! :cool:
  • tellytart1tellytart1 Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article states that he'd only recently made peace with his mother, so perhaps he hadn't had chance to change his will before he died.

After all, when you're young, making a will is fairly low down on the list of priorities.