Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    You've been gazumped Azura !

Betty...so fickle :p

I'm not fickle Momma ... I'm just "careful" with my money ;)
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's such a hypochondriac man-baby that there's bound to be some drama as Pete - suffering for the charity/realising he has to pull something dramatic out of the bag for his show - crosses the finish line and has to be taken to hospital to have Vaseline put on his chafing... as his ITV2 crew film every grimace of pain and sufferage as he lies in A&E with Mike straightening his hair and rolling up the sleeves of his charity t shirt to show off his muscles.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    He's such a hypochondriac man-baby that there's bound to be some drama as Pete - suffering for the charity/realising he has to pull something dramatic out of the bag for his show - crosses the finish line and has to be taken to hospital to have Vaseline put on his chafing... as his ITV2 crew film every grimace of pain and sufferage as he lies in A&E with Mike straightening his hair and rolling up the sleeves of his charity t shirt to show off his muscles.

I wonder will CP say he's putting Zanzibar on the map (just like he did with Malta.) :p
  • BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's now lecturing Tulisa :rolleyes: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-andre-if-tulisa-involved-1944517

I admire how he's able to save the people of Zanzibar and still find time to guide wayward celebs in the right direction.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete really is all things to all men.:D
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BReal2 wrote: »
    He's now lecturing Tulisa :rolleyes: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-andre-if-tulisa-involved-1944517

I admire how he's able to save the people of Zanzibar and still find time to guide wayward celebs in the right direction.

I think he should have stuck at 'I don't want to comment without knowing all the facts' but he's spoken about being anti-drugs before so perhaps it's something he feels strongly about.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Peter has done a Fathers Day Spread ...even though he wont be with his kids for Fathers Day ...
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like peter,but i do wish he'd stop simpering over the children,they are getting to that age now when they will say,shut up dad,my friends will be watching lol
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Thanks - I genuinely wasn't having a go at you, I try to save my irrational rages for you-know-who.;)
    I just can't shake the feeling that yet again, it's going to be all about PA - and although it could be argued that the charity will benefit from the extra exposure, I think that PA will benefit even more - and that's what makes me :mad:
    How many eps of the new series will be about PA and his particular brand of "suffering"?
    PA suffering during pre-bike ride training
    PA suffering during bike ride - although fighting through the pain barrier to have his picture taken with some completely non-set up "fans".
    PA suffering whilst talking about the charity.
    PA suffering from the effects of the bike ride.
    Ad blooming nauseum.
    And I've just given him the plotline for a whole new series.:rolleyes:

Now I've read & thought about your post I do understand the points you're making re it's all going to be about what poor Pete had to endure to get through the bike ride but to be fair when is anything not about him, we should know this by now.

My point was simply, taking the massive pat on the back he's going to give himself, his ego going into overdrive etc. fair play to him for actually doing it.

Oh heck why can't he (like lots of other celebs) do stuff for charity without the self promotion that is no doubt about to follow, it would sit much more comfortably with me to say "Well done Pete" if a bit of me didn't suspect he wasn't secretly looking forward to reveling in the praise & hero worshipping that he knows will be on the cards when he crosses the finishing line.
    I still standby what's important in this....... Lots of dosh is going to be raised so let him have his moment(s):)
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    I think he should have stuck at 'I don't want to comment without knowing all the facts' but he's spoken about being anti-drugs before so perhaps it's something he feels strongly about.

I genuinely mean this Sensei............I really admire the rational way you look at things.

When I read that article my first thought was "Oh here we go again, Pete dishing out advice" along with "Why does he have to make sure we know, he's met lots of times or is good friends with every single celeb he mentions"
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    I do like peter,but i do wish he'd stop simpering over the children,they are getting to that age now when they will say,shut up dad,my friends will be watching lol

That's his job though, really now -it's his brand identification - Peter Perfect - Patron Saint of Children. (previous holder - his hero Michael Jackson)

And the concerned reality star also called for more to be done to stop drug use within the entertainment industry.
    "Sadly, drugs are too easily available in this industry, but they should be avoided. I can say one thing for sure: there's never a happy ending with drugs."
    So how long before righteous, preachy Peter re-releases a cover of Just Say No,eh?:D:eek: Drugs is a personal choice. To say things like things should be done to stop drugs in the entertainment industry just makes you look a bit green. It's the oil in the cogs. No popstar has ever made me try anything - I was introduced to drugs by people I knew -same with everyone else.

Still, full marks for using someone else's bad press to make yourself look 'good'...again. Opportunistic twit.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I've read & thought about your post I do understand the points you're making re it's all going to be about what poor Pete had to endure to get through the bike ride but to be fair when is anything not about him, we should know this by now.

My point was simply, taking the massive pat on the back he's going to give himself, his ego going into overdrive etc. fair play to him for actually doing it.

Oh heck why can't he (like lots of other celebs) do stuff for charity without the self promotion that is no doubt about to follow, it would sit much more comfortably with me to say "Well done Pete" if a bit of me didn't suspect he wasn't secretly looking forward to reveling in the praise & hero worshipping that he knows will be on the cards when he crosses the finishing line.
    I still standby what's important in this....... Lots of dosh is going to be raised so let him have his moment(s):)

Yeah, it's exactly this.
    I know it makes me look really churlish and grumpy to even attempt to criticise anything that is going to raise money for what is clearly a really good charity doing what appears to be an excellent job.
    It's just that there are so many celebrities who are way more famous and high-profile than PA, who are attached to charities, or who give enormous amounts of money, without resorting to the type of shameless self-promotion that seems to be associated with PA.
    I just know that it's going to be used to make HIM look good and that's the part that I just can't get over.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's exactly this.
    I know it makes me look really churlish and grumpy to even attempt to criticise anything that is going to raise money for what is clearly a really good charity doing what appears to be an excellent job.
    It's just that there are so many celebrities who are way more famous and high-profile than PA, who are attached to charities, or who give enormous amounts of money, without resorting to the type of shameless self-promotion that seems to be associated with PA.
    I just know that it's going to be used to make HIM look good and that's the part that I just can't get over.

It really doesn't AS, I know what you mean.

Shall we just cheer, clap & smile through gritted teeth when he crosses the finishing line;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But to be fair to him,he's not been demoted to you tube yet:D
    Forum Member
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    But to be fair to him,he's not been demoted to you tube yet:D

Very true but I don't want that day to come, I quite enjoy watching the buffoon in action, though not enough to pay for the privilege:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pete really is all things to all men.:D

:D
    If you believe the rumours, I think you'll find that particular label belongs to Kev/Keith/Keiron.;);)
    That's his job though, really now -it's his brand identification - Peter Perfect - Patron Saint of Children. (previous holder - his hero Michael Jackson)

:D:D:D

So how long before righteous, preachy Peter re-releases a cover of Just Say No,eh?:D:eek: Drugs is a personal choice. To say things like things should be done to stop drugs in the entertainment industry just makes you look a bit green. It's the oil in the cogs. No popstar has ever made me try anything - I was introduced to drugs by people I knew -same with everyone else.

Still, full marks for using someone else's bad press to make yourself look 'good'...again. Opportunistic twit.

I love how he says he doesn't want to comment without knowing all the facts, then ploughs straight on and comments anyway.:rolleyes:
    And, quelle surprise, he still wants to make it about himself - he was a "wild and crazy" youth, and now he thinks the entertainment should clean up its act.
    Perhaps when he has finished single-handedly saving the people of Zanzibar he could become the new, self-appointed music industry drug czar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Searching for a link about this little creep has opened up a whole new "Can" of worms about just how he operates! he really believes that by removing and manipulating his past he can rewrite himself into the world of the decent as some kind of roll model :rolleyes: he wasnt a wild and crazy youth when he was dry humping his ex on screen, or when he ended his marriage by phone, an act that even teens ending a relationship look down on.
    Raising awareness and cash for others needs is always commendable, but in his case you just know the motivation behind this is all about him and his needs, sorry to say but I think if this event were publicity free, you wouldnt see him for dust !
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely mean this Sensei............I really admire the rational way you look at things.

When I read that article my first thought was "Oh here we go again, Pete dishing out advice" along with "Why does he have to make sure we know, he's met lots of times or is good friends with every single celeb he mentions"

Thanks BEL - I really respect the way you're always discriminating over what to make fun of him over too :) I don't think he was just jumping on the bandwagon with this because Katie has admitted that he threatened to leave her when he found out she experimented with drugs after Junior was born. But if Tulisa is a friend it doesn't help her to have him publicly commenting so it would have been better said privately.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah that's the Pete we know and 'love'. Full of sanctimonious guff and willing to throw his friends under a bus if it gives him a platform to spout his self-righteous finger-wagging rubbish. So rich, that, despite him exploiting the crap out of his kids (and others), he still sees himself as role-model material.

BTW, did you see on the front of that cover - "My kids are cheeky, but they're not brats"? Looks like Petey's been reading here again and is doing some damage control.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preachy Pete - am really liking that title, Daisy :D

I know that he doesn't even write his column, just phones a few comments in to someone at New, (as shown on his My Life show), but it really make me grind my teeth when 'he' starts a sentence with "my good friend...(insert random name here)". I'm sure that half these people described in this way have probably only met him once, for a few minutes.

Yes Lexi, I saw that about his kids. Someone ought to tell him that there is an EXTREMELY fine line between kids being 'cheeky' and 'brattish'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Preachy Pete - am really liking that title, Daisy :D

I know that he doesn't even write his column, just phones a few comments in to someone at New, (as shown on his My Life show), but it really make me grind my teeth when 'he' starts a sentence with "my good friend...(insert random name here)". I'm sure that half these people described in this way have probably only met him once, for a few minutes.

Yes Lexi, I saw that about his kids. Someone ought to tell him that there is an EXTREMELY fine line between kids being 'cheeky' and 'brattish'.

The fact he's talking about it means it's been flagged up as an issue. It would never occur to him that it's how they're allowed to appear and behave on camera by him is what's given rise to the charge. Him saying they're not bratty is him, as usual, defending himself and his actions. So transparent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    The fact he's talking about means it's been flagged up as an issue. It would never occur to him that it's how they're allowed to appear and behave on camera by him is what's given rise to the charge. Him saying they're not bratty is him, as usual, defending himself and his actions. So transparent.

Self-awareness has never exactly been his strong point though has it?
    He honestly doesn't seem to realise that any criticism levelled at his children is as a direct result of him exposing them to such a high level of public scrutiny - and whether people think they are brats or not, it is ENTIRELY down to him (and their mother obviously, before anyone else mentions it).
    I don't suppose it will encourage him to remove them from his tv series though will it?:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Self-awareness has never exactly been his strong point though has it?
    He honestly doesn't seem to realise that any criticism levelled at his children is as a direct result of him exposing them to such a high level of public scrutiny - and whether people think they are brats or not, it is ENTIRELY down to him (and their mother obviously, before anyone else mentions it).
    I don't suppose it will encourage him to remove them from his tv series though will it?:rolleyes:

To be fair, it's not down to KP. The 'bratty' charges have only emerged since the last 2 series of My Life aired. That's nothing to do with KP. This is one issue that DOTY is solely responsible for since if he wasn't allowing them to be filmed in the way they are, then there wouldn't be any 'bratty' charges. Simples.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    To be fair, it's not down to KP. The 'bratty' charges have only emerged since the last 2 series of My Life aired. That's nothing to do with KP. This is one issue that DOTY is solely responsible for since if he wasn't allowing them to be filmed in the way they are, then there wouldn't be any 'bratty' charges. Simples.

:o:o
    I consider myself suitably chastised - although in my defence I thought by adding that as a disclaimer the thread wouldn't be clogged with hundreds of "she is as bad as he is" posts.;)
    She IS in many ways, as bad as him, although in this case, I do think that having a photograph taken next to their Mum, even when she is dressed as "My Little Pony-the Lapdancer Edition" can't possibly subject them to the level of scrutiny that an entire tv series does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Searching for a link about this little creep has opened up a whole new "Can" of worms about just how he operates! he really believes that by removing and manipulating his past he can rewrite himself into the world of the decent as some kind of roll model :rolleyes: he wasnt a wild and crazy youth when he was dry humping his ex on screen, or when he ended his marriage by phone, an act that even teens ending a relationship look down on.
    Raising awareness and cash for others needs is always commendable, but in his case you just know the motivation behind this is all about him and his needs, sorry to say but I think if this event were publicity free, you wouldnt see him for dust !
    She had plenty of warnings off him about her wild and nasty behavior,she chose to ignore the warnings and put 2 fingers up at him,he returned the favour,the marriage is over and has been for some time,one day we'll find out the reason why,but don't paint kate as some kind of hard done by victim,because she's any thing but,as for him raising awareness,well good on him,would his ex do anything without the publicity,because she certainly doesn't do anything for FREE.
This discussion has been closed.