Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 17)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,753
Administrator
Assa2 wrote: »
I have a horrible suspicion C7 is correct and Suarez would take a move to another PL club if they were City, Chelsea or Arsenal. I think most if not all he says in the press is pure BS trying to justify why he wants to move away from us. It's about money and playing in a team he thinks will win things. His first choice will remain RM but having some PL interest probably doesn't do us any harm in that it will help drive the price up if we do have to give him up. £30m from Arsenal has been given the disdain it deserves which shows we will be firm about the price. I don't think he'll go for less than £40m.

Continuation of: Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 16)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Part 17!!!:)
  • Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    I can't see what benefit moving to Arsenal would be for him. He still wouldn't be winning things. City maybe. You'd hope he's seen what happens to players at Chelsea to think twice about it, but they could throw money at him.

I really can't see him in the PL with someone else unless no other club comes in. And if he was going to another PL club it would have to be a £50m sale for the "selling to your competition" tax to be added.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Woohoo! Happy new thread everyone. :)

Can't believe pre-season is almost upon us with Preston away on Saturday before we jet off to Jakarta. :D
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In one way I'd love to see him go to Chelsea. I think codeblue's head would explode.
    Forum Member
    In one way I'd love to see him go to Chelsea. I think codeblue's head would explode.

£30m and Lukaka would be a good deal for us and we do know how RA prefers to sign big names over growing young players through.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part 17 at last I thought 16 was dragging on a bit to normal :D
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    £30m and Lukaka would be a good deal for us and we do know how RA prefers to sign big names over growing young players through.

What do you value Lukaka at? That to me would be a bad deal. Suarez is a £40 - £45 mil player. I still think he could stay as I am not convinced any club is going to pay that amount of money.

Also I dont see the club selling him to a rival in the EPL. Its Madrid or nothing.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lukaku is £20m and is not for sale.

he seems a great player and I hope he gets his 20 goals next season.
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure what to make of this offer. Tend to think the Higuain deal has been messed up and now Arsenal need to show the fans they are trying.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bids are coming in now then eh, bon voyage Suarez, only a matter of time now.
    Forum Member
    The Arsenal offer is not a "real" one.

It's done for two reasons - to make Arsenal look like they're bidding for top players so they sell their season tickets and to try to force Madrid's hand and get their other transfer moving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    The Arsenal offer is not a "real" one.

It's done for two reasons - to make Arsenal look like they're bidding for top players so they sell their season tickets and to try to force Madrid's hand and get their other transfer moving.

This is what I think. The Higuain deal is dragging on and on. Arsenal know as much as anyone does that £30 mil is not even a starting point.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From previous thread
    I have a horrible suspicion C7 is correct and Suarez would take a move to another PL club if they were City, Chelsea or Arsenal. I think most if not all he says in the press is pure BS trying to justify why he wants to move away from us. It's about money and playing in a team he thinks will win things. His first choice will remain RM but having some PL interest probably doesn't do us any harm in that it will help drive the price up if we do have to give him up. £30m from Arsenal has been given the disdain it deserves which shows we will be firm about the price. I don't think he'll go for less than £40m.

Arsenal is a no no a step sideways for Luis and wages are too tight for the top earners. Higuain is their target and they effectively just put a price on him with the Suarez offer.

City and Chelsea are the only EPL clubs who might be interested Chelsea depends on Cavani Napoli have landed Callejon today it seems with Dzeko alos linked so presumably they are about to sell their star name. Until Cavani is sold to which ever club can land him a few big moves are in suspension.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    What do you value Lukaka at? That to me would be a bad deal. Suarez is a £40 - £45 mil player. I still think he could stay as I am not convinced any club is going to pay that amount of money.

Also I dont see the club selling him to a rival in the EPL. Its Madrid or nothing.

30 million and Lukaku would be an incredible deal. We all know it'd obviously never happen, but yeah, that'd be a brilliant deal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this article is over a month old now, but some interesting players marked in this top 50 for transfers:-

LINK

Be interesting to see how the names, clubs and prices pan out.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    30 million and Lukaku would be an incredible deal. We all know it'd obviously never happen, but yeah, that'd be a brilliant deal.

Liverpool would defo come out on top with that deal! :D
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Lukaku is £20m and is not for sale.

he seems a great player and I hope he gets his 20 goals next season.

So its OK for you to categorically confirm one of your players is not for sale, yet you can speculate on who may leave other clubs based around similar evidence bases.
  • BeanybunBeanybun Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    This is what I think. The Higuain deal is dragging on and on. Arsenal know as much as anyone does that £30 mil is not even a starting point.

Arsenal season tickets have long since closed for next season and there is a 40,000 waiting list,anyway.

But I can see how this may have been done to push Madrid's hand re Higuain and to agitate for other clubs to bid for Suarez, in case Madrid think they are the only game in town.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So its OK for you to categorically confirm one of your players is not for sale, yet you can speculate on who may leave other clubs based around similar evidence bases.

Jose has said he is not for sale, and the player has confirmed that he is looking forward to playing for chelsea this season.

I dont think it takes a genius to work out that one can infer from this is that Lukaku is not for sale.

No transfer requests, no buyout clauses, no unrest in the media from agents etc.

Quite different from Rooney, Cavani, Suarez do you think?
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »

How about £30m and you can have Torres back ?..with Liverpool honouring the remainder of his contract of course. :)
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about £30m and you can have Torres back ?..with Liverpool honouring the remainder of his contract of course. :)

Yes sounds good so you pay us £30m and we get Torres back, Then we can see where Suarez ends up :cool:
    Forum Member
    I'd rather we stuck Ngoo upfront than have Torres back.
  • alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    With the possible exception of Messi I would welcome no player exchange for Suarez no matter how much extra cash was offered. I think many of you are forgetting just how good LS is. Also we should definitely not sell him to another PL club, that would be at 'AFC selling RVP to MUFC' level of madness.

If he goes he goes abroad if we have anything to do with it and seeing as he is currently on a long contract with us I think we do have some say.

Mind you from quotes coming out of the club in think we realise this but as we all know quotes and actions are sometimes different, time will tell.
    Forum Member
    Suarez is quality, but he's not anywhere near Messi's level. I think you tend to get a bit hyperbolic when talking about him, Alan. There are a number of quality players out there who would benefit us hugely as well as the cash. Why take 40m+ straight up if someone offered a very good player and 30m? It'd save us some hassle in reinvesting the money.
This discussion has been closed.