• ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    You don't say.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    "a serious of notes":D
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I couldn't take in the story, tbh, I was distracted by the spelling and grammatical errors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Not much interesting.........
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    I couldn't take in the story, tbh, I was distracted by the spelling and grammatical errors.

That's the Daily Mail, terrible spelling, grammar and other errors.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    That's the Daily Mail, terrible spelling, grammar and other errors.

Yeah, like it still being in circulation :D
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this family is a bit dodgy anyway, the husband has been bankrupt and lied about his name a few times in the past (not in this report) + his grandson who was on Manchester City's books killed two people in a car accident
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vary sad and all that, but it sounds like this was the final, grotesque act of a very disturbed attention seeking narcissist.
    'Princess' and 'greenhouse plant properly taken care of ' surely aren't phrases that any grounded person would want to use to describe themself (with the possible exception of all those 'princesses' living in Essex).
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading what her husband says, she's been worried about her looks for a while too - wrinkles and what-not. To be left with a scar on her forehead might have pushed her over the edge.

The suicide note itself's a bit odd. Apart from reading like it's from a friend to another friend, it says:

"Please contact [redacted] my friends have to know. The same applies to your mates. Skelly said he was coming!!! Ha ha ... Should be fun !!! Everyone should cheer up."

That doesn't sound like someone who's planning to end her life because of excruciating pain - it sounds more like planning a party.

Edit: Darkisland, a trophy wife came to mind when I read that bit.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Relly wrote: »

Maybe as she was getting older and losing her looks she felt that the end to her usefulness was coming and a replacement would soon be called up
  • mellybumpsmellybumps Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    To me that reads like a woman who isn't quite all there and this has tipped her over the edge. Sounds like she became obsessed and decided to take her own life over it, I'm sure there may be other things in the background but I can believe someone would commit suicide because of this if they had other (perhaps undiagnosed) mental issues.
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed !
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In that photo of her with that cat, it looks likes she's about to strangle or eat it.
  • ChristopherJChristopherJ Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading what her husband says, she's been worried about her looks for a while too - wrinkles and what-not. To be left with a scar on her forehead might have pushed her over the edge.

The suicide note itself's a bit odd. Apart from reading like it's from a friend to another friend, it says:

"Please contact [redacted] my friends have to know. The same applies to your mates. Skelly said he was coming!!! Ha ha ... Should be fun !!! Everyone should cheer up."

That doesn't sound like someone who's planning to end her life because of excruciating pain - it sounds more like planning a party.

Suicidal feelings aren't as simple as that – as someone hanging themselves with a look of misery on their face. The decision to commit suicide is sometimes accompanied by feelings of joy and release, as it is bringing perceived suffering to an end. There is often a feeling of great peace and even sublimity.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suicidal feelings aren't as simple as that – as someone hanging themselves with a look of misery on their face. The decision to commit suicide is sometimes accompanied by feelings of joy and release, as it is bringing perceived suffering to an end. There is often a feeling of great peace and even sublimity.

Well, I never realised that. My own dark moments (and those of others I've heard about) have been accompanied by total and utter misery, not joy and release. Just goes to show, you really can learn something new every day. Therefore, I take that comment back.
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that struck me about the suicide note was how formal it looked because it was typed,

Whenever you hear about these kinds of notes I imagine just something scrawled on a piece if paper but this one wasn't that at all.
  • ChristopherJChristopherJ Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I never realised that. My own dark moments (and those of others I've heard about) have been accompanied by total and utter misery, not joy and release. Just goes to show, you really can learn something new every day. Therefore, I take that comment back.

I've known or later heard about quite a few suicides over the years unfortunately, either friends or acquaintances. Every one was different, of course – heartbreak, depression, drugs, insanity – but that's one of things I remember picking up along the way as being true for some people.

Cheery Wednesday. :D