Options

Cant Delete MP3's on Humax

geebee.ukgeebee.uk Posts: 186
Forum Member
Hi,

Dont know if this problem has been discussed before but I copied some MP3's to the Humax MP3 folder using the Media eLinker application version 2.1 and mid way through copying the Humax started a TV recording that I didnt know was scheduled.

At this point there were no reported problems and the MP3's played OK following transfer. There were some problems though with some tracks where the filename was too long (exceeded 59 chars) and these were not copied.

When I checked the folder structure using the Media eLinker software, I was surprised to see that the MP3's were listed as being in the Images folder and decided to remove them, as i thought I'd made an error in the destination folder. I selected all of the files and pressed delete, but some of the files reported "delete failed".

I now have these files listed in both the MP3 and Images folders and cannot delete them from either. :mad: On the Humax, the file names are listed, but the track duration is shown as N/A. I can upload new MP3's and they play but just cannot delete the originals.

I have emailed Humax support for advise and I'm sure they will advise a reformat, which I dont want to do at the moment as I have approx 50% TV recordings to get through, but wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

BTW, I have also tried powering off the box and rebooting but no luck.

Glenn.

{EDIT}

Sorry, should have posted the box details;

PVR9200T REV 1.0
PGXTF 1.00.00
A4.07
22 SEP 2005

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Using the eLinker software you can just select to format the D1 drive where you store the MP3's and Pictures. It won't format the D2 drive where your programs are.

So select the the D1 drive in eLinker then file->format. I've done this before when it's wouldn't delete some pictures.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Bluecup for the speedy reply.

If i reformat that partition (D1) does the box recreate the Folders (MP3 & IMAGES) when it gets rebooted or do I have to do it manually?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    The folders are recreated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ta, sorted now. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just though I'd follow this up with an update:

I have fixed my immediate problem thanks due to the information provided so quickly by the forum members, but I have still yet to receive either acknowledgement or reply from Humax support on this.

Can anyone confirm the correct email address to report issue to Humax on?

I used 'tech-info@humax-digital.co.uk' but as I haven't heard a dickie bird, I guess its the wrong one :confused:

Glenn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aghast, Humax are still alive !!!!

Just received a reply to my email posted to them on 13th Jan 2006.

Q. What did they suggest?

A. Please reset the DEFAULT SETTING, this can be done by going into the MENU, choosing INSTALLATION, enter your password 0000, then select DEFAULT SETTING (4), choose YES and follow the on screen instructions. This procedure will restore the factory settings of your set top box.

Far better advice from this forum and a lot quicker !

Many Thanks.

Glenn.