Options

Recording SPL football on Setanta Pay Per View problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
Forum Member
I subscribed to watch the football on Setanta pay per view yesterday. I also thought I would record the programme- so pressed the record button while watching. However when I went in later to view my recorded programme all I got was two hours of a blank screen. I deleted the wasted recording, bit of a pity since the game produced a record score.

I've never had any problems recording other channels and wondered whether this was an intended restriction of the service. Can anyone shed any light on this, or advise if they have been able to successfully record a PPV match on the Humax. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I subscribed to watch the football on Setanta pay per view yesterday. I also thought I would record the programme- so pressed the record button while watching. However when I went in later to view my recorded programme all I got was two hours of a blank screen. I deleted the wasted recording, bit of a pity since the game produced a record score.

I've never had any problems recording other channels and wondered whether this was an intended restriction of the service. Can anyone shed any light on this, or advise if they have been able to successfully record a PPV match on the Humax. :confused:

How did you attempt to view the recording, via Menu/Record/etc. or via the button under the flap - forget what it's called but it's the third button along the top row?

I recorded a couple of Setanta PPV games a few months ago and they would only play when using the latter option.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I have failed so far to record Setanta PPV on my Humax 8000T.

I can time slip it though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The video isn't directly on that channel, but the text (MHEG) service links to it when you enter your pin. When the record button is pressed it records the video and audio directly on that channel, just what you get straght after you tune in - ie nothing (as it doesn't record the text service). It's the way the box is designed - try recording BBC Parliament - you only get sound.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    The video isn't directly on that channel, but the text (MHEG) service links to it when you enter your pin. When the record button is pressed it records the video and audio directly on that channel, just what you get straght after you tune in - ie nothing (as it doesn't record the text service). It's the way the box is designed - try recording BBC Parliament - you only get sound.

I didn't start recording the Setanta channel until the programme was playing - it worked ok for me when I tried it a few weeks ago - with the caveat I gave above about the replay method.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the replies, I did try to view my recorded programme via the Menu, recorded programme route. I might try again in the future using the other method. Main thing, from your replies there's nowt wrong with the box.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I deleted the wasted recording, bit of a pity since the game produced a record score.
    Pity it wasn't in HD or SD widescreen. Picture quality is very poor on Setanta.