What does it cost to use pre pay phone as 3g modem on all networks

Rd100Rd100 Posts: 1,649
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any one know how much all uk providers charge or using your phone for pre pay (pay as you go) 3g data (phone as modem) on the providers sites all i can see is the price for mobile internet?,

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    The data rates will be the same as 'mobile internet.'
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    You should bear in mind that you may not (officially) be allowed to use your phone as a modem on some networks.
    I'm not saying you can't, just that you're not supposed to (eg T-Mobile) or might need to work around a technical block (eg O2).
  • Rd100Rd100 Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what would the best network to use for pre pay data you say it is the same price as mobile data if you use the phone as modem is that also the same in 3.5g hspda mode,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    prking makes a good point there. A notable case is that T Mobile block the ports used for Skype.
  • Adam DAdam D Posts: 5,124
    Forum Member
    I use tmobile payandgo for this but shhhh, It works at 3g speeds when i am in a 3g area and only £1 a day, I dont download anything, Just on here and messenger when i can get logged on.
  • intheknowintheknow Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    Three £5 for upti 2 gigs (FUP)
  • dj1471dj1471 Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I had a look at data prices the other day and T-Mobile (max £1 a day) and Vodafone (£1 for up to 15MB) seem to be the cheapest. Vodafone are also sending out free PAYG SIMs at the moment.
  • intheknowintheknow Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    intheknow wrote: »

That's A MONTH, much cheaper than voda / T
  • Rd100Rd100 Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so do these prices cover 3.5g hsdpa mode data
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well when you have your sim card in the device that you are using you will connect with a particular APN. This APN governs the ammount per MB. What ever you download megabyte wise you will be charged for accordingly.

It is up to you to monitor your usage
  • sean2003sean2003 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    intheknow wrote: »

That one is supposed to be only used on your handset, and not used on a PC / Laptop.