phone camera advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
Hi

I'm going to be able to upgrade my phone within the next month, and could do with some advice please. I go to see bands live quite a bit and would like to be able to take a couple of pics per gig. At the moment I have the Samsung D500, which the camera isn't very good in low light (even with flash on). Which camera phone(s) would be good for my needs?

Cheers

Comments

• garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    The best camera I had was the N80 as it had a manual adjuster for close up or far away shots, but the night time shots were terrible.
  • neo6776neo6776 Posts: 9,533
    Forum Member
    The ones i recommend are the Nokia N73/N95 and the SE k800i.

The N73 and K800i both have 3.2mp cameras with auto focus as does the N95 only that has a 5mp camera.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like all photography it comes down to the make of the lens - go for something with a Carl Ziess lens on it at least 2mp or above. A wee bit photographic aptitude helps too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    The K800/K810i currently has the best camera out 3.2mp with a proper flash. The N95 on the otherhand does miles better movies & 5mp pictures but quality thou good still isn't there with the K800/K810i.

And before anybody says having higher mp doesn't mean better quality pictures it means bigger print outs.
  • FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all your replies. Having looked at the suggested phones, I like the look of the SE k800i. Now to see if I can get it on a upgrade.

Cheers
    Wayne
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you get you're sony K800i i got mine couple of weeks ago and the camera is fantastic, when i go to live events i like takin photos aswell and the K800i sure is a great mobile to do it with, as my brother has had his aswell for about 10 months and hes tuke some great pics from concerts and football matches on it :D , easy to download to comp aswell and print out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    MP is not so important - most cameras today have a good MP value. Lens is the key, as with digicams.

I have a K800i, works amazing...