Horse Racing 2016

Comments

• davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minding shows her class again in the Pretty Polly Stakes at Curragh winning easily at 1/5
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kieren Fallon has retired from the saddle because of ongoing medical problems with Depression

Good luck to him !

Controversial, drug bans, all sorts of other bans, court cases, fighting........he's certainly been 'colourful'

But he was also a fantastic jockey......80 Grade one wins, 30 Royal ascot wins, 22 British and Irish Classic wins, nearly 3000 winners in total

He did appear to be a bit of a strange character........given his history he always came over very different in interviews, softly spoken, quite articulate, shy and a bit diffident

Hope he gets his health back, that's the main thing.........:)
  • William JamesWilliam James Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    BET ONE of Long Term Profit 6/1 Best Priced

Fancy MANGO CHUTNEY 9-15 Ripon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Kieren Fallon has retired from the saddle because of ongoing medical problems with Depression

Good luck to him !

Controversial, drug bans, all sorts of other bans, court cases, fighting........he's certainly been 'colourful'

But he was also a fantastic jockey......80 Grade one wins, 30 Royal ascot wins, 22 British and Irish Classic wins, nearly 3000 winners in total

He did appear to be a bit of a strange character........given his history he always came over very different in interviews, softly spoken, quite articulate, shy and a bit diffident

Hope he gets his health back, that's the main thing.........:)

Hope things work out for him

Did a lot of things that 'weren't acceptable' but a terrific horseman
    Forum Member
    MANGO CHUTNEY came to a sticky end

1pt loss

STRICTLY CARTER 5-40 Brighton 11/2 BOG
    Forum Member
    MINMINWIN 7-10 Brighton 9/2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MINMINWIN 7-10 Brighton 9/2

Good luck !

I haven't backed anything for a few days........after a long losing run I'm building up my betting bank slowly but surely by being very cautious !

In fact so cautious that I've been waiting for 5 or 6 runner races and backing 2 horses against the other 3 or 4. As long as they're both 7/4 or better you still make a fair profit with a big strike rate

:o

I'm still picking daily selections for competitions but not necessarily backing them

today I've gone for Spirit Raiser at 4/1 in the 3.10 at Ponty
    Forum Member
    Good luck Swingaleg

MINMINWIN is a NR

In the same race

DECISIVE 7/1 BOG
    Forum Member
    No wins yet 3pts loss

DOLPHIN VILLAGE 8-15 Kemp 100/30 BOG
    Forum Member
    Still no wins 4pts loss

HAIL CLODIUS 4/1 BOG

Back to form when dropping in class when second of 12 in a handicap at Kempton (8f) 8 days ago. Down another 2lbs switched back to turf.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did have a winner yesterday backing 2 horses in a 5 runner race at Catterick.......I got them at 15/8 and 2/1 and the 15/8 one won......so for a 20 quid stake I got 28-75 back including my winning stake

OK.......it's a long road to being a millionaire but as I said before I'm cautiously re-building my betting bank......:)

Haven't looked at today yet to see if there's a bet but for competition purposes I put up The Grey Gatsby in the 3.15 at HQ.........did it last night and got 10/3 bog, Class horse in the field and gets good ground for the first time for a while and his group race penalties have 'dropped off' because he didn't win a race last year, Drops to group 2 after 11 consecutive runs in group one races
    Forum Member
    Good one Swingaleg

I'm having a rough patch at the moment but I make a decent profit each month, because I back between 3/1 and 10/1 have losing runs of up to ten bets from time to time.

One more today..

PRIMROSE VALLEY 6-05 NM 11/2
    Forum Member
    One more..

GROUNDWORKER 2-20 Don 5/1 BOG
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching the racing at HQ yesterday it struck me the ground didn't look good to firm, they made a good print in it and it seemed a bit loose and kicked up in places. Bearing in mind Spencer rode Big Orange to win the Prince of Wales' last year his ride on The Great Gatsby wasn't won of his better efforts though I'm not complaining as I had an ew bet on the winner.
    Forum Member
    jmclaugh

It's about time the role of going descriptions were given by ex jockeys before racing starts and then other times during the meeting if needed.

On a bad run but these things happen..

BARNET FAIR 9/1 4-40 Ascot
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gone for Always Smile (win) in the Falmouth at 9/1 for my competition pick

I've been looking at the 3.25 at Muss for a potential 'back two against the field' bet but can't make my mind up on which two so I'll probably leave it although it's a nice shape for my current betting strategy with all the runners currently 2/1 and above
    Forum Member
    Found another..

JOULES 7-35 Chep 8/1
    Forum Member
    And another

ALCATRAZ 5-50 Ascot 7/1 BOG
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I'd been following (and backing !) Mark Johnstone's horses today

The stable is flying !
    Forum Member
    JOULES Won 8/1

Off to Chester tomorrow, not a bet on here but the bad draw shouldn't stop FULL INTENTION in the first..
    Forum Member
    Great day at Chester , two today..

HAUGHTONS BRIDGE 2-50 Stratford 8/1
    JUNIOR PACKAGE 6-10 13/2
    Forum Member
    I backed SHAMSHON last night 15/2 in the 3-45 Chelmsford. It looks well fancied now and is into 9/2
    Forum Member
    Winner yesterday

DRUOT Bath 4-45 10/1
    Forum Member
    One more

Henllan Harri 7-00 Worc 9/1..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry Geraghty broke his arm at Market Rasen yesterday and is likely to be out until October

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/465/10503777/barry-geraghty-to-miss-galway-after-breaking-arm-at-market-rasen

Also , Hills doing an enhanced price on Richard Johnson to ride at least 2 winners at Newton Abott this afternoon of 11/4

Seems a good value bet