Options

Bellamy's People

soransoran Posts: 1,646
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else looking forward to this new series tonight?

Not seen much about it really, and hardly any promo's for it, but could be good with Charlie Higson and Paul Whitehouse writing and starring.

From what I have seen, it looks like a cross between the Fast Show and Little Britain. :D

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    From the clips i've seen it didn't look that good. Is had a kind of an Alan Partridge feel about it but I only saw 30 secs or so.

But it looked as though Whitehouse & Higson just wanted to get their mates together and are well past their best writing form than a decade back.

Will still give it a watch though - you never know :)
  • Options
    HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    ace..totally ace... :)
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its kind of boring so far :-/ but maybe thats just me...
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Its kind of boring so far :-/ but maybe thats just me...
    Nope, I agree.

Doubt i'll be watching it next week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the 'community leader' character,:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Fooled one or two people into thinking it was an actual phone in on R4! But with familiar faces on TV not sure how it will pan out...still lookin' good tho!
  • Options
    TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually quite boring, the old gangster was alright, that was about it!
  • Options
    HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    its superb......:)
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sort of Little Britain as if it had been made properly, and with humour.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr. Khan was so funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this was great :D LOL, I liked the range of characters
  • Options
    AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like it. I thought it could have been much better, for me there wasn't much more than a smile on certain characters. I might watch it next week, don't know yet though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    i was really looking forward to this as the radio show was hilarious.. the tv version fell very flat unfortunately, real shame as i had high hopes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    I thought this was great stuff and I enjoyed it as much as the radio version so look forward to the rest of the series. I especially liked Felix Dexter's character; "the Lion of Harlesden" - a spot on observation and very funny indeed because of it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    armorium wrote: »
    this was great :D LOL, I liked the range of characters

And they've all phoned in to Gary Bellamy's 'Down the Line' for 3 series already!.. It's nice that he actually wants to meet them! :D
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the scene with the ladies talking their own language. The rest didn't seem all that funny to me but each to their own :)
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not familiair with the radio series, for some reason I never caught up with it. I enjoyed it though, I suspect it'll be a grower as we see more revealed about various charcaters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    I'm not familiair with the radio series, for some reason I never caught up with it. I enjoyed it though, I suspect it'll be a grower as we see more revealed about various charcaters.

It's just finished now on BBC7 but I suggest you have a listen to it on the iPlayer as it's really funny stuff.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers :)
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was about to give up after 10 mins, but stuck with it and it was more hit than miss, but it's got a way to go. I never got into Down the Line but this has potential. Whitehouse and Rhys Thomas were on Breakfast the other day saying how it's mostly unscripted (ie. Rhys has to reacts to what the characters come out with) but that doesn't come across anywhere near as well as, say, Outnumbered. I'll stick with it though, for now.

However, I'd rather have a second series of Help, but I doubt the BBC would put Chris Langham back onscreen.

Just having a look at the red button extra stuff. Just more of the same.
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it and will tune in again. Don't know how clever it is scheduling it directly after "Rab C Nesbitt" though - they're polar opposites in humour terms.

G
  • Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a shambles. Unscripted comedy very rarely works. There were too many egos and too many characters trying to outdo one another and shouting across one another.

It was like badly rehearsed school play.
  • Options
    darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    after the dissapointing mock the week and rab c nesbitt ,i quite enjoyed this programe so i'll tune in to the rest of the series :)
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Similar to the Fast Show i liked about 1 scene for every 6 I had to endure.
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    I thought it was really good.
    I've met characters like these in real life and thought they really captured them. Had quite a few laugh out loud moments and will definately watch again.
    We've all got different senses of humour so it's to be expected it's not going to suit some people.