✭✭✭
    Wow, a year already!
  • mulderscullymulderscully Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    thats gone by so quickly :(
  • bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I found out he died, I was gutted! Can't believe its been a year!
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe it's been a year. I'm a Take That Girl but also quite liked Boyzone when I was young,
    Such a tragedy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Stephen was such a lovely and talented person, it's so sad he's gone. He had so many fans who will never forget him.
    I remember seeing the 'Breaking News' banner on DS here at around 3.30am on Oct 11th, and it was such a shock. Can't believe how the year has passed so fast.
  • MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't feel like a year, he's still greatly missed. He was such a happy guy. I hope his husband and family are coping okay.
  • MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bafan wrote: »
    Stephen was such a lovely and talented person, it's so sad he's gone. He had so many fans who will never forget him.
    I remember seeing the 'Breaking News' banner on DS here at around 3.30am on Oct 11th, and it was such a shock. Can't believe how the year has passed so fast.

Me too bafan. It was the early hours of the morning, I thought I'd read it wrong, it was so shocking and unexpected.
    Forum Member
    Moontaker wrote: »
    Me too bafan. It was the early hours of the morning, I thought I'd read it wrong, it was so shocking and unexpected.

Same here, looked at it thinking surely it'll turn out to be one of those Wikipedia hoaxes (there had been a few round that time), then read a thread that had started here in which someone said it was on Sky News. Couldn't face turning it on myself til a few hours later. And I can't even say I was a huge fan of Boyzone, but I always liked Stephen's personality and followed what he was up to, so it was really upsetting and still is at times. And yes, Stephen was so happy and smiley and loved performing so much. Suppose it's good to know that at least, such as it is.
    Nice to see this thread Glitter03, thanks. Thinking of his family and fans this week x
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Such a sad death, can't believe it's been a year.

Did anyone else notice Louis get emotional when his act was singing One Sweet Day on the XF last night? I'm wondering if it's because of it being the anniversary of Stephen's death today and because of the lyrics.
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember waking up and my mum telling me that Stephen was dead. I was sure that she had made a mistake. How could such a young enthusiastic boy so full of life be dead. He was my fav boyzone memeber, and boyzone were the first boyband I loved. His doll is still sat on my shelf. Thoughts and prayers to his loved ones.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moontaker wrote: »

There were rumours on the net a wee while before and we joked that it must be a hoax as he was the least likely to have died a rock n roll death. At the time I think it said after a drinking binge. For someone who didn't like Boyzone I was strangely upset when he died and very touched by the other boys reactions afterwards.
  • Glitter03Glitter03 Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for everyones kind words and memories. As a massive fan (of all the Boyz) it is lovely to see how everyone speaks so positive of him.

He truely did love performing and was so grateful (if thats the right word) to his fans for putting him in a position where he was able to perform and to continue doing so.

A lovely guy who is greatly missed x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Glitter03 wrote: »
    Thanks for everyones kind words and memories. As a massive fan (of all the Boyz) it is lovely to see how everyone speaks so positive of him.

He truely did love performing and was so grateful (if thats the right word) to his fans for putting him in a position where he was able to perform and to continue doing so.

A lovely guy who is greatly missed x

He was a lovely young man and I really cannot believe a year has passed.

They're all nice young men from Boyzone IMO. There was a programme on earlier today about them but I never put two and two together as to why it was on today but now it makes sense!!

They all spoke so fondly of Stephen and Shane broke down in tears. It was rather poignant how they leave an empty chair at the table for Stephen.
    Forum Member
    Me again :o

I've never heard of anything but positive things about Stephen, and though I never met him myself, I don't think you even had to, to see his way, it just shone through. I know of a few who did meet him and will never forget it, as you say he appreciated his fans so much and I get the impression he really enjoyed meeting and chatting with them.

I didn't realise that show was on today, I presume it was the 'Life After Stephen' documentary. I agree Castanet, they are lovely guys, and so close, it's very touching. They've set up a site for Memories of Stephen, and have left their own thoughts there too, left me quite tearful tonight reading through them.
    http://stephengatelyremembered.co.uk/

Miss Moo, yes re. Louis Walsh, I'd say that song did mean a lot to him tonight - while John was singing, I was thinking how appropriate it was for tonight and actually wondering if there was a reason why Louis chose it...maybe not, but it was just weird to hear it now, especially as I haven't heard it for a long time.

RIP Stephen, miss you x
  • Glitter03Glitter03 Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah he did really enjoy meeting his fans. I have said on here before, he used to hold 'picnics' for his fans where he would spend the day meeting and pics, chatting etc with his fans.

Lovely guy and the rest of the Boyz have done him proud in the way they conducted themselves after his passing x
  • Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I seen that yesterday.

Where does the time go?
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I remember waking up and my mum telling me that Stephen was dead. I was sure that she had made a mistake. How could such a young enthusiastic boy so full of life be dead. He was my fav boyzone memeber, and boyzone were the first boyband I loved. His doll is still sat on my shelf. Thoughts and prayers to his loved ones.

It was the same for me. I was 100% sure my mum made a mistake because Stephen was so young. I thought she had mistaken him with someone older with the same first name. So I went on here and saw that it was confirmed.
  • JJRoJJRo Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot believe it's been a year. I remember how much I used to love Boyzone when I was younger, so hearing that he had passed away, especially at such a young age, was kind of surreal.
  • bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a text from my friend asking if I was okay because I was a bit obsessed with him when I was younger, I was confused but put the news on and just watched that for the rest of the day