Options

Wikileaks - 40% of Muslim Students Want Sharia - 32% Support Killing In Name Of Islam

Comments

• Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MartinP wrote: »
    He's not everywhere.... yet! ;)

The way everyone was going on about Murdoch you'd think he was Agent Smith from The Matrix:Reloaded. :p
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    The way everyone was going on about Murdoch you'd think he was Agent Smith from The Matrix:Reloaded. :p

But slightly more scarey....
  • Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toony™® wrote: »
    A rehash of a survey revealed on the bbc back then - old news. :yawn:

I hadn't seen that before. It's certainly worrying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    Since when did (Muslim) students represent the entire UK Muslim population ? :rolleyes:

It doesn't but it represents the educated youth of the Muslim population, which IMO is the most important sector of any community and will have the greatest bearing on the future of that community.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »

More like Darth Vader!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    It doesn't but it represents the educated youth of the Muslim population, which IMO is the most important sector of any community and will have the greatest bearing on the future of that community.

Extreme attitudes (some 4%) at university are hardly any indicator of the future of any community. More likely that same 4% will eventually grow up and out of it.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Extreme attitudes (some 4%) at university are hardly any indicator of the future of any community. More likely that same 4% will eventually grow up and out of it.

Or they could go to Stockholm on a mini break.
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not the FM that linked to the Guardian to combat the claims of the Mail. One is right wing, the other left wing. Therefore posters will generally decree that the one which is closest to their political view is correct.

Or perhaps they will 'generally' decree that the one that gives a real analysis of the actual facts of the topic in question?

One paper being left wing, and the other right wing, is no basis for deeming that the quality of reporting in each is the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or they could go to Stockholm on a mini break.

The decline of the 4% would be accentuated if the US stopped bombing those students' countries of birth.
  • Options
    corleone_capocorleone_capo Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    DavidCH wrote: »
    No wonder it's only 4%, Islam is a religion of peace.

tell that to all the people who get stoned to death in muslim countries, tell that to all the people who get their heads chopped off, tell that to all the people who got blown up by those scum:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The decline of the 4% would be accentuated if the US stopped bombing those students' countries of birth.

The guy on the Stockholm mini break was from Luton.

Nice try but fail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The guy on the Stockholm mini break was from Luton.

Nice try but fail.

I think you'll find he was born in Iraq.
  • Options
    DavidCHDavidCH Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tell that to all the people who get stoned to death in muslim countries, tell that to all the people who get their heads chopped off, tell that to all the people who got blown up by those scum:mad:

Don't forget all the gay guys who get lobbed off the highest convenient building.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're right. I do apologize.

However, he apparently showed no signs of radicalism until he came to the UK. So his journey into fundamentalism was started in the UK not Iraq.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget all the gay guys who get lobbed off the highest convenient building.

The Spanish do that to donkeys. Does that mean the donkeys are gay?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed most of who the world refer to as British are previously from rather mental countries.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Spanish do that to donkeys. Does that mean the donkeys are gay?
    Statistically speaking one in 13 will be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Indeed most of who the world refer to as British are previously from rather mental countries.

He was Swedish by citizenship actually.

You're rather though, British people are rather mental. Crazy actually. Please don't come here. One less plank amongst the masses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was Swedish by citizenship actually.

You're rather though, British people are rather mental. Crazy actually. Please don't come here. One less plank amongst the masses.

Most of who the world refer to as originating from non-mental countries are previously from rather mental ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats just it, it doesnt at all. As previously discussed in this thread, the survey has many flaws and to be honest I would like to meet some of these muslim students who want shariah law or even understand it enough to make a decision on it.This study does not represent muslim students as its not comprehensive enough...
  • Options
    Seal Team SixSeal Team Six Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Ohh diversity!! multiculturalism!!! the religion of peace!

Is everyone enjoying this wonderful diversity?

It's lovely. A bomb here, an extremist there, a plot or two, a radical march or three.

It's shaping up to be an enriching experience having Islam in Britain.

Please sir.....can I have some more? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohh diversity!! multiculturalism!!! the religion of peace!

Is everyone enjoying this wonderful diversity?

It's lovely. A bomb here, an extremist there, a plot or two, a radical march or three.

It's shaping up to be an enriching experience having Islam in Britain.

Please sir.....can I have some more? :rolleyes:

Did you even read the results of the survey? Clearly not.

Why let facts get in the way of a good ol' bigoted rant? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Seal Team SixSeal Team Six Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Did you even read the results of the survey? Clearly not.

Why let facts get in the way of a good ol' bigoted rant? :rolleyes:

I've read all sorts of polls about the entity.

Including the 37% of 'British' Muslims who said it was legitimate to target British Jews.

And the 25% of 'British' Muslims who sympathised with the London bombers.

Just a little, ickle minority. No more than a dozen nutters, eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've read all sorts of polls about the entity.

Including the 37% of 'British' Muslims who said it was legitimate to target British Jews.

And the 25% of 'British' Muslims who sympathised with the London bombers.

Just a little, ickle minority. No more than a dozen nutters, eh? :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-lay-scientist/2010/dec/22/1

^^ What we are discussing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    MuddyMoose wrote: »
    I was until a short time ago a Muslim student. I dont want Sharia law for everyone, if Sharia was allowed for small things like Marriage, Adoption, Finance a bit like the Jewish courts I might opt in, however that would be for myself, and it would be a personal choice, if I wasn't happy I could always opt out. However im not too fussed, I wouldn't campaign for it and would be happy for the status quo as im sure most Muslims are. Most Muslims here like most Muslims everywhere else, seeing as only Iran, Saudi Arabia and to a certain extent Sudan have these laws and, wouldn't want these laws. Hudood laws are not popular, especially with the corruption in the justice systems and miscarriages of justices around the world. Sharia is complex and doesn't just cover 'punishments' it covers a whole array of stuff, so even those students who did say yes, they maybe only saying yes to certain minor aspects of Sharia

Why do you think you have a right to be judged by a different set of rules to anyone else in the UK even if they are small things?

Surely the law should be universal to all in order to avoid inconsistencies and rulings that are potentially contrary to Western values such as equality, fair treatment of women etc.

Also, do you think muslims "opt in" or do you think some are "opted in"?