Options

Simon cheated last night

ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
Forum Member
✭✭✭
... or so claimed Louis Walsh, on the basis that he has never seen the movie that Jamie afro's song came from.

Did anyone else think that this, among the rest of the tosh spouted by the judges, was one of the most ridiculous, irrational statements to date. Should anyone coming out with nonsense like that really be in the position of judge/mentor/guru ?

Comments

• Options
    TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, for once the judges didn't actually cheat. If the song features in a movie, no matter how well known, it qualifies for Movie Week. However U2 and Ricky Martin in Big Band week?
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Louis Walsh is coming across more and more as a jealous tit - his critcisms last night were laughable - it was movie week and the song was in a movie - why does the movie have to be one seen by Louis?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a bit of a strange comment, i'm not sure Dannii has ever seen Camp Rock, but was she cheating? Just because they haven't seen it, doesn't mean its not a movie :confused:
  • Options
    UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Louis Walsh hasn't heard of a film, then it doesn't exist. Simple. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis was silly last night. But thats why we love him right? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »

I can understand that some people love him for his sillyness, but personally, Louis makes my skin crawl.
    I am sick and tired of his childish coments, every single week the same sentences, every single week the same "Simon, Simon... you are cheating"... FFS.. grow up man!!!
    And he should try to find new coments for the acts. I know what he is going to say even before he opens his mouth.

I really, really dislike the man, from the 1st series. And he keeps getting worst.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was hilarious. Didn't realise the theme was "Songs from Movies Louis Walsh has heard of" lol.
  • Options
    bridgertonbridgerton Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie also mentioned that Crying was in Mulholland Drive. Surely Louis has heard of that movie.
  • Options
    auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis is an actual idiot... Still love him though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Jamie said the song Crying was also in Mulholland Drive. There was a song Llorando (Crying) by Angelo Badalamenti
    but this wasn't the Roy Orbison song he sung. Also if you look on the Gummo soundtrack there is no listing at all for Crying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis can't really complain about 'silly' song choices though can he? Jedward, anyone? :D
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Jamies version of Coaing didn't remind of a film it reminded me of Fools of Horses version of Coaing lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A more recent and famous it was in, brilliantly too, was Mulholland Drive, but Walsh is obviously a cultural philistine who only watches B Grade rubbish movies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    I've never seen the Gommo (That's right, isn't it?) however, just because it wasn't a big commerical hit, doesn't mean that it was bad. Louis needs to get a grip. Actually, if they're gonna get rid anyone, get rid of Louis! :mad:
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Louis. He was just Simon-baiting that's all. I didn't like it when he turned on Dermot though, very uncalled for.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always love Louis in the audition shows and can not stand him in the lives. It's the same every year, he goes from witty and cuddly to bitter and spiteful.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »

No, it's why I can't stand him - I think he's a right t**t!
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    gwazi wrote: »
    Jamie said the song Crying was also in Mulholland Drive. There was a song Llorando (Crying) by Angelo Badalamenti
    but this wasn't the Roy Orbison song he sung. Also if you look on the Gummo soundtrack there is no listing at all for Crying.

Although not on the soundtrack for Gummo, Crying was sung in part by a character in the movie and the Roy Orbison version was used, along with Everyday (Buddy Holly) over the closing credits.
  • Options
    MRS LAWSONMRS LAWSON Posts: 16,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it was a huge scene in Mulholland drive, even though it was in a different language. And the woman made it her own, made me think Roy Orbison....pahhhh!:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever witnessed a more startling culture clash than hearing Harmony Korine's film Gummo mentioned repeatedly on The X Factor. I actually thought I'd entered into some kind of space-time continuum.

For those interested, here's a link to Janet Maslin's New York Times hilarious review of the film when it was originally released:

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?_r=1&res=9907E6DA123FF934A25753C1A961958260
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRS LAWSON wrote: »
    Well it was a huge scene in Mulholland drive, even though it was in a different language. And the woman made it her own, made me think Roy Orbison....pahhhh!:o

Yeah, that would've been a much better reference. Thanks for the reminder, I knew it was featured more prominently in another film.

And, of course, there's always K D Lang's epic version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEVF9xiSiLw
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    gwazi wrote: »
    The song in Mulholland Drive is the same song sung in Spanish.

What's more interesting to me is why Simon Cowell chose to say it was from a film called Gummo that very few people have ever heard of instead of saying it features in Mulholland Drive. Hmm.
  • Options
    LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise the actual theme last night was "songs from movies that Louis Walsh has heard of". Apologies to Louis :o
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    soneil wrote: »
    Yeah, that would've been a much better reference. Thanks for the reminder, I knew it was featured more prominently in another film.

And, of course, there's always K D Lang's epic version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEVF9xiSiLw
    For my money, k d lang's is the definitive version, even bettering Roy Orbison's. Face like the back end of a bus, voice of an angel. The Mulholland Drive version is great too, in a very different way.
  • Options
    MRS LAWSONMRS LAWSON Posts: 16,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    For my money, k d lang's is the definitive version, even bettering Roy Orbison's. Face like the back end of a bus, voice of an angel. The Mulholland Drive version is great too, in a very different way.

Yes it is very haunting, I love it and no music, just her voice...lovely. My favourite version.