JSA Rapid Reclaim

sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was on JSA until beginning of January when I got a temporary job for a month, did the job, and then on 7th Feb applied for a rapid reclaim.

I got a letter from the Job Centre saying that I've got my payment etc like you do and will be back dated to 7th Feb, but on the break down page it says this applies from 12th Feb.

However since I received that letter on 17th Feb and since then have not received any payment in my bank account or had anything to tell me about going to sign on at my local office.

Is this normal or should I get in touch with them to get it sorted?

Comments

• redtuxredtux Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjames wrote: »
    I was on JSA until beginning of January when I got a temporary job for a month, did the job, and then on 7th Feb applied for a rapid reclaim.

I got a letter from the Job Centre saying that I've got my payment etc like you do and will be back dated to 7th Feb, but on the break down page it says this applies from 12th Feb.

However since I received that letter on 17th Feb and since then have not received any payment in my bank account or had anything to tell me about going to sign on at my local office.

Is this normal or should I get in touch with them to get it sorted?
    Sounds like breakdown in communications between call-centre and local office. I'd get in touch with local office to check the status of the claim
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to attend a meeting to start your claim up (work focussed interview). This applies whether it is a new claim or 'rapid reclaim'. It is during this meeting when you are told what your signing day and time will be. If you have not received a date yet for this meeting you need to chase this, you should have been given the details during the 'rapid reclaim' telephone call.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there's never anything rapid about rapid reclaim.
  • sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never even received a phone call, I went down to my local office, got the rapid reclaim form, filled it in and handed it back to reception, and then got the letter I mentioned above saying that my allowance has started up and how much money I'll get etc etc, but nothing else.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should have had an appointment to hand that form back in, at that appointment they would have conducted the work focussed interview. Handing it back in on its own sounds like your claim will not be running properly. I would phone the office today.
  • wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    Tell them you filled in the rapid reclaim form and you want your money rapid!
  • sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I went down to the local office today and explained the situation to the receptionist who passed me onto someone else to look at it, and it turned out to be a "Major cock-up by their system" and somehow I slipped through the net and got missed out for what should have happened.

So basically they said I've got to re-do my rapid reclaim form, take it along at 10am tomorrow morning along with ID and bank statements, go straight to the first floor and tell them I have an immediate appointment and they will sort it all out have the interview that I should have had, give me the signing on booklet and make sure I get the money that I missed on for the last few weeks.

A pain about being early in the morning, but at least it'll be sorted. :D