Options

Peter Andre has won father of the year!!

Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
Forum Member
I'm actually surprised at this, I know these things are a popularity contest but I can think of lots of Celebs that deserve it before Peter.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I guess to win father of the year you need to flaunt your kids arond and tell evryone how important they are to you then :p
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    hollyBrown wrote: »
    So I guess to win father of the year you need to flaunt your kids arond and tell evryone how important they are to you then :p

Clearly. :rolleyes: (not at you, at peter andre)

Honestly, these "awards" should be scrapped.
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    Its a meaningless award judged on entirely the wrong criteria.
  • Options
    PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Clearly. :rolleyes: (not at you, at peter andre)

Honestly, these "awards" should be scrapped.

Who decides the recipient........CAN management ?

I would suggest that the now sadly deceased father of Olympic diver Tom Daley to be a far more worthy recipient.
    A "real" dad ........... Just saying
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would suggest that the now sadly deceased father of Olympic diver Tom Daley to be a far more worthy recipient.

This.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hollyBrown wrote: »
    If only it was just flaunting. In Andre's case it's more exploiting and using them to maintain his career because without them, it's circling the drain.

It's disappointing that the winner isn't someone who chooses to protect his children from the media glare, rather than the man who has consciously made a career out of it.
    Not quite!:D But like the TOWIE Bafta debacle, I'm sure they had their minions and followers stuff the ballot!
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lololol :D

Well done Pete :cool:

Here's a piccy for people who like Pete.

http://t.co/KXjlrzs
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh looks like they did some overtime at the CAN factory. They must have RSI from all that clicking. :rolleyes::D
    @PhoebeJ:

Couldn't agree more. But then, Rob Daley never seemed the type of dad that wanted credit for being a dad. Beautiful quote here from Tom:

"My dad was an incredibly brave man, completely dedicated to his family, with a love for all. If I could be half the dad he was to my children then that will be an achievement in itself."
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually surprised at this, I know these things are a popularity contest but I can think of lots of Celebs that deserve it before Peter.

There are but as far as I know he seems to be the only one who actually goes out of his way to try and win it. He regards it as a badge of honour and I'm sure I read somewhere he actually asks people to vote for him :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    There are but as far as I know he seems to be the only one who actually goes out of his way to try and win it. He regards it as a badge of honour and I'm sure I read somewhere he actually asks people to vote for him :eek:

And of course people vote for him because he asks them to. :rolleyes: I'm sure people have got minds of their own.
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    And of course people vote for him because he asks them to. :rolleyes: I'm sure people have got minds of their own.

Why the eye rolling ???? I'm just pointing out what I've read he does

And yes there are people out there who buy into his best dad in the world routine and will vote for him because he asks
  • Options
    cmwcmw Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more. But then, Rob Daley never seemed the type of dad that wanted credit for being a dad. Beautiful quote here from Tom:

"My dad was an incredibly brave man, completely dedicated to his family, with a love for all. If I could be half the dad he was to my children then that will be an achievement in itself."[/QUOTE]

I am with you on this one Rob Daley deserves it far more than Peter Andre.
  • Options
    Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised, pimping your kids out on TV means being a great father then? I wonder if he could get father of the decade by sending his kids to work in a Nike sweatshop?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cmw wrote: »

"My dad was an incredibly brave man, completely dedicated to his family, with a love for all. If I could be half the dad he was to my children then that will be an achievement in itself."

I am with you on this one Rob Daley deserves it far more than Peter Andre.[/QUOTE]

He probably does, but if he wasn't nominated he couldn't win it could he :confused:. Thats not Petes fault fgs.
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

totally agree
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cmw wrote: »

I am with you on this one Rob Daley deserves it far more than Peter Andre.
    He's one of many who are more deserving, simply because he did his best by Tom by encouraging and nurturing Tom's talent for Tom, not using his child to prop up his own ailing career.

It's not exactly surprising Andre won:rolleyes:, but he's probably the only candidate who wanted and needed it.
  • Options
    Diamonds1Diamonds1 Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bless his little heart.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is such a nice person and has lovely little names for his kids, that change weekly. He is there for Junior when he acts like a showbiz brat at school and gets picked on. He is exactly the same with them off camera, Harvey is not an elephant in the room, and is constantly mentioned, even though he is not being filmed. He is there really and Pete makes sure everyone knows that. And he has just employed (and treated to a dark wig) Anthony Worrall Thomson as a body double. But when he takes the wig off during breaks, people keep putting him in a high chair, but Pete really tells them off about it. He is the greatest.
  • Options
    cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He must be so happy :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Lololol :D

Well done Pete :cool:

Here's a piccy for people who like Pete.

http://t.co/KXjlrzs

Nice pic...well done Pete there are far worse people in the world than you:)
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    "Peter Andre has won father of the year!!"

Ryann Giggs must be gutted. I'm sure he was up for it.:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure hes won it before, or was that a mag award for father of the year
    Anyway well done Pete
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know Peter Andre was a father! He's kept that one quiet!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Peter Andre has won father of the year!!"

Ryann Giggs must be gutted. I'm sure he was up for it.:cry:

I'm almost surprised they didn't go for old Giggsy. They normally choose deliberately provocative winners.
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jeff Brazier should of won it,i voted for him as he keeps his kids completly out of public eye and the way he chats about them on twitter is a delight to read...so been a Dad of The Year means exploiting your kids for all to see-what a complete farce.