Ellie Goulding Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Yes, though they'd have to get the right person I personally would prefer Mercedes or Santana to do it than Rachel

Quinn as she has the most ubtle and girly voice it isnt a massive power vocal its sweet subtle and heartwarming Mercedes or Rachel would ruin it Sanatana though could work
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Quinn as she has the most ubtle and girly voice it isnt a massive power vocal its sweet subtle and heartwarming Mercedes or Rachel would ruin it Sanatana though could work

Oh yeah forgot about Quinn, to be honest I haven't watched season 3 at all, after the move to Sky :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah forgot about Quinn, to be honest I haven't watched season 3 at all, after the move to Sky :mad:

I watch the beginning it went a bit Lady Gaga and started preaching continually got a bit tiresome TBH :p Ellie would so bring it back to form :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooh yay another week another new peak #65 slowly but surely i hope its not a shake it out hanging round at the lower end for weeks but well done Ellie
    Forum Member
    ooh yay another week another new peak #65 slowly but surely i hope its not a shake it out hanging round at the lower end for weeks but well done Ellie

Oh that's great to hear! Just wish it was Ellie's album at #1 rather than that stinker by 1 Dimension!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that's great to hear! Just wish it was Ellie's album at #1 rather than that stinker by 1 Dimension!

oh god i know but on a positive note the top two spots are filled by British acts Adele/1 Direction and so glad for ellie
    Forum Member
    oh god i know but on a positive note the top two spots are filled by British acts Adele/1 Direction and so glad for ellie

Yeah I suppose plus Adele's album is back at #1 on American itunes :)

Surely we'll get new single/album details soon even if they're rather sketchy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I suppose plus Adele's album is back at #1 on American itunes :)

Surely we'll get new single/album details soon even if they're rather sketchy

Yeah and one direction only sold like 178k which is a low number for US.

In February 2011, Goulding told the Daily Star that she had plans to release a follow-up to Lights sometime in 2012, commenting, "I'm not going to go away for ages. It'll be out this year or the start of next."[53] The following month, when asked about the album's musical direction in an interview with gossip website Dean Piper's World, Goulding stated, "It's started to sound very dark and very weird. This album is going to be even more emotional [...] I wanted to make it so there is hope. I want to make an effect whether it's happy or sad

From wiki nothing has changed then still sometime in 2012 so much for not going away for ages she best not pull a la roux
    Forum Member
    Yeah and one direction only sold like 178k which is a low number for US.

In February 2011, Goulding told the Daily Star that she had plans to release a follow-up to Lights sometime in 2012, commenting, "I'm not going to go away for ages. It'll be out this year or the start of next."[53] The following month, when asked about the album's musical direction in an interview with gossip website Dean Piper's World, Goulding stated, "It's started to sound very dark and very weird. This album is going to be even more emotional [...] I wanted to make it so there is hope. I want to make an effect whether it's happy or sad

From wiki nothing has changed then still sometime in 2012 so much for not going away for ages she best not pull a la roux

I know haha! :)

Yeah I remember reading her description of the album, it could indeed be a very interesting listen maybe it coming out in the summer but being a dark album is meant to bring a sense of irony to the project? She'll start doing more interviews soon, has she been back home recently? I've not known her to make any public appearances at all since early last year
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know haha! :)

Yeah I remember reading her description of the album, it could indeed be a very interesting listen maybe it coming out in the summer but being a dark album is meant to bring a sense of irony to the project? She'll start doing more interviews soon, has she been back home recently? I've not known her to make any public appearances at all since early last year

Yes like lights (song) a good balance of light and shade and no she has been absent for a while last time i heard anything from her was her performance at the Royal wedding which is 11 months ago :eek:
    Forum Member
    Yes like lights (song) a good balance of light and shade and no she has been absent for a while last time i heard anything from her was her performance at the Royal wedding which is 11 months ago :eek:

Ah yes the royal wedding I forgot about that! I didn't see anything of her then though. Goodness can't believe it's been nearly a year since the royal wedding though :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yes the royal wedding I forgot about that! I didn't see anything of her then though. Goodness can't believe it's been nearly a year since the royal wedding though :eek:

It was at the reception so we didnt get to see it but i can guess she sang Your Song (most likely) or the writer and i know and i still haven't warmed to them :p
    Forum Member
    It was at the reception so we didnt get to see it but i can guess she sang Your Song (most likely) or the writer and i know and i still haven't warmed to them :p

I think it said on BBC news she sung Your Song, most likely with it being Elton John and of course there's his links to the royals :D

I don't really like them either, just waiting for them to have a baby then the vibe might change...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it said on BBC news she sung Your Song, most likely with it being Elton John and of course there's his links to the royals :D

I don't really like them either, just waiting for them to have a baby then the vibe might change...

Yes Elton does like a queen it has to be said :D shame it was Your Song good cover but not her best song.

And uch it'll just worsen prince of Wales thats a joke :p
    Forum Member
    Yes Elton does like a queen it has to be said :D shame it was Your Song good cover but not her best song.

And uch it'll just worsen prince of Wales thats a joke :p

Of course haha! It being said I'm sure she was honoured to do it, if requested she probably would have sung Ba Ba Black Sheep

Though I hope the Queen does give William the throne over Charles when time is up, the way it's looking she'll outlive them all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course haha! It being said I'm sure she was honoured to do it, if requested she probably would have sung Ba Ba Black Sheep

Though I hope the Queen does give William the throne over Charles when time is up, the way it's looking she'll outlive them all!

So true did her career no damage shame she didn't use it more would have been great timing for new song mini EP but alas.

And i get your point but you cant break with tradition as someone is old and unpopular eiher get rid of them all or continue with things as they should be.
    Forum Member
    So true did her career no damage shame she didn't use it more would have been great timing for new song mini EP but alas.

And i get your point but you cant break with tradition as someone is old and unpopular eiher get rid of them all or continue with things as they should be.

That would have been a good idea, she could have really marketed the event.

I watched a documentary about it, they think that this country is becoming more and more a republic and that they believe the queen is the final acceptable monarch but with the royal wedding and all, people would accept Wills and Kate as King and Queen more than they'd accept Charles and Camilla and at the end of the day I think morality of the monarchy has to stay in the queen's favour

To make this relevant to the thread, I could imagine Ellie marry Harry haha!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would have been a good idea, she could have really marketed the event.

I watched a documentary about it, they think that this country is becoming more and more a republic and that they believe the queen is the final acceptable monarch but with the royal wedding and all, people would accept Wills and Kate as King and Queen more than they'd accept Charles and Camilla and at the end of the day I think morality of the monarchy has to stay in the queen's favour

To make this relevant to the thread, I could imagine Ellie marry Harry haha!

Yeah it by passed non fans and slipped beneath the radar which is a shame but she was more focused on America at the time.

And i understand but there is really no point to them just a drain on taxes and is it worth it for the sake of tourism suppose you would have to weigh it all up etc.

And he'd make a far more suitable husband than Skrillex
    Forum Member
    Yeah it by passed non fans and slipped beneath the radar which is a shame but she was more focused on America at the time.

And i understand but there is really no point to them just a drain on taxes and is it worth it for the sake of tourism suppose you would have to weigh it all up etc.

And he'd make a far more suitable husband than Skrillex

Yeah, she needs to make herself re-known over here I think people have forgotten her even though it was only a year ago

I see your point, the monarchy isn't the same as it was a few hundred years ago and yeah! They'd make a cute couple and they could have little ginger princes and princesses! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, she needs to make herself re-known over here I think people have forgotten her even though it was only a year ago

I see your point, the monarchy isn't the same as it was a few hundred years ago and yeah! They'd make a cute couple and they could have little ginger princes and princesses! :D

All she needs is a massive comeback single and a loads of really strong and good promo and hopefully but she really does need to hurry along.

Haha it would be nice but unfortunately she is enamored with Skrillex poor greg james imagine being dumped for him
    Forum Member
    All she needs is a massive comeback single and a loads of really strong and good promo and hopefully but she really does need to hurry along.

Haha it would be nice but unfortunately she is enamored with Skrillex poor greg james imagine being dumped for him

Yeah, although she said the albums progression was taking a dark direction, I do hope the lead single is something with a summer feel, that would really bring her back out

I know! Greg James is far better looking :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, although she said the albums progression was taking a dark direction, I do hope the lead single is something with a summer feel, that would really bring her back out

I know! Greg James is far better looking :confused:

I think though she is likely to perhaps retain some level of the lightness of Lights but jsut with darker undercurrents perhaps even more folky sh just needs the right single like what California Gurls did for KP.

And who knows what she was thinking i suppose though when someone sends you an e-mail praising your talents your anyones one way to get someone in to bed i suppose :D
    Forum Member
    I think though she is likely to perhaps retain some level of the lightness of Lights but jsut with darker undercurrents perhaps even more folky sh just needs the right single like what California Gurls did for KP.

And who knows what she was thinking i suppose though when someone sends you an e-mail praising your talents your anyones one way to get someone in to bed i suppose :D

Indeed! I confess California Gurls was an anthem of my summer 2010 :o but so was The Writer, so that shows that a song doesn't have to be "summery" in order to get you in the mood but yeah I see what you mean, the lyrics and music could be a contrast

Did she break up with Greg, single for a bit then get with Skrillex? That must have happened and I guess, but if Skrillex praised my talent it wouldn't turn me on :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed! I confess California Gurls was an anthem of my summer 2010 :o but so was The Writer, so that shows that a song doesn't have to be "summery" in order to get you in the mood but yeah I see what you mean, the lyrics and music could be a contrast

Did she break up with Greg, single for a bit then get with Skrillex? That must have happened and I guess, but if Skrillex praised my talent it wouldn't turn me on :eek:

Haha you misunderstood what i meant was KP was on the periphery she had two big hits and a minor album with another two low hitters CG turned all that around and along with Teenage Dream solidified her career and as a real pop superstar rather than being on the fringes of the chart now what Ellie needs is a song that is as big bold and creative and something that captures people in the way Your Song did maybe release a follow up single sans teenage dream before the album and voila pure pop superstar :p

And I loved one of the boys great pop album but Teenage Dream made me fall in love with her more so than even Rihanna and especially gaga Katy is who she is not a woman in a meat dress but pissed of about the complete confection Bright Lights all over :p

And i think so perhaps it was rebound perhaps his passion for music is what turns her on :confused: but yeah no looks are not the be and end all but someone has to have something marginally appealing to full back on :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well this sucks down to #66 i know its only one place but one place in the wrong direction