BBC 5 Live General Chit Chat

Comments

• deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, Queen Vic having a strop. It seems the Five Live phone system is dropping calls every time she's on.
  • echoroseechorose Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »
    LOL, Queen Vic having a strop. It seems the Five Live phone system is dropping calls every time she's on.

I think the cricket reporter on the other end put the phone down on her. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echorose wrote: »

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. He sounded a little peed off about her "shooting the messenger."
  • echoroseechorose Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he got out of the bed the wrong side this morning:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL and now she's been usurped by Shelagh Foghorn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    LOL and now she's been usurped by Shelagh Foghorn.

VD not being in the Salford studios and appearing to not have a clue what is going on is leading to increasing amateur sounding radio
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VD not being in the Salford studios and appearing to not have a clue what is going on is leading to increasing amateur sounding radio

I looked on the webcam and she looked like she was in Salford.

There was a big 5 Live presenters bash last night (it was talked about in the Daily Bacon).
  • danjamesdanjames Posts: 327
    Forum Member

For the record Victoria's been in Salford for yesterday and todays shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    dpb wrote: »
    I looked on the webcam and she looked like she was in Salford.

There was a big 5 Live presenters bash last night (it was talked about in the Daily Bacon).

Ok my bad – how daft of me, of course she can make it to Salford if there is a piss up involved – still sounds increasingly amateur though
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I turned over to Radio 4 last night after the motoring hour was announced. Didn't really sound my thing.

Listening on DAB, we know Radio 4 goes to the World Service at 1am. This was fine.

I forgot thought that it three, it goes back to Radio Four for BBC Schools. I was listening to some weird radio for a couple of hours, I was just too lazy to get out of bed and turn it over.
  • James1953James1953 Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I heard this. Sounded like a teenagers' reaction when you ask them to tidy their room :)

In all fairness to Victoria, she's probably not used to the studio equipment..........:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    lordloz wrote: »
    :D quite :)
    unfortunately,Lewis, while even if you considered maybe hypothetically that his salary is lower than others ......

It wasn't me who said he may be cheaper than others another forum user 'curmy' said that after I had said the reason he has been given an extra show on Thursday nights is because he is a good presenter. 'curmy' disagreed stating it was because he is cheap. Stephen Nolan is not cheap and is definitely a great broadcaster he has won 12 'Sony Awards' after all the most any individual has been awarded.
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motoring slot on after midnight but blimey blast from the past it's Mike Rutherford on motors he was gobby journalist on talk radio before it sportified.....

This is all a bit pedantic on my part (I'm sorry but I can't resist it!) but Mike Rutherford was actually a presenter on talkSPORT rather than Talk Radio. He hosted The Car Guys (with Nicky Horne) and then The Motor Show (on his own between 12noon-2pm on Fridays) from talkSPORT's rebrand in 2000 until some time in 2004 if I remember rightly.

You're right that hearing him on 5 Live would have been a blast from the past, I don't think I've seen or heard him on TV or radio for a good 5 years + now.
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is all a bit pedantic on my part (I'm sorry but I can't resist it!) but Mike Rutherford was actually a presenter on talkSPORT rather than Talk Radio. He hosted The Car Guys (with Nicky Horne) and then The Motor Show (on his own between 12noon-2pm on Fridays) from talkSPORT's rebrand in 2000 until some time in 2004 if I remember rightly.

You're right that hearing him on 5 Live would have been a blast from the past, I don't think I've seen or heard him on TV or radio for a good 5 years + now.

I remember the Friday lunchtime show on Talksport as well.
    I phoned in with a question that he couldn't answer..:cool:

( it was why are GP circuits driven clockwise)
  • CyrilTheWaspCyrilTheWasp Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    echorose wrote: »

Well done to Pat Murphy.He has gone up even further in my estimation. Obviously her giant ego was offended yet again.I'm always waiting for her to say ' don't patronise me ' as she said while interviewing Graeme Souness a while back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey. I never knew this.
    HAVING already stolen radio star Fi Glover's husband, rival presenter Victoria Derbyshire is now being handed her beloved phone-in slot.
    Earlier this year, velvet-voiced Fi, 34, left Radio 5 Live's prestigious morning phone-in show to take a six-month sabbatical in New York to write a book on U.S. radio. She was finding it increasingly difficult to work with Victoria Derbyshire, 34, the rival presenter who ran off with her husband, Radio 5 executive Mark Sandell, 42.
    Now, Fi is back, jumping networks to present Radio 4's Broadcasting House on Sunday mornings. Which is just as well because Victoria will take-over Fi's phone-in show next summer - after she returns from having Mr Sandell's baby.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-228667/Now-Victoria-got-Fis-radio-show.html#ixzz2W1uaiNGH
  • lordlozlordloz Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D quite :)

It wasn't me who said he may be cheaper than others another forum user 'curmy' said that after I had said the reason he has been given an extra show on Thursday nights is because he is a good presenter. 'curmy' disagreed stating it was because he is cheap. Stephen Nolan is not cheap and is definitely a great broadcaster he has won 12 'Sony Awards' after all the most any individual has been awarded.

I know you didn't say it Lewis & I know that Curmy said it too, I was still directing the observation to you regarding Nolan - Curmy said he was cheap (sic) I was just affirming that he wasn't even that so there's no good reason to have him on.....
    I'm sorry but just winning a back slapping media function from people in the media is not a measure of quality......
    It's a shallow pool to choose from in the first place due to dearth of UK talk stations if the award meant anything anyway....I think even VD has one.... :D

Unfortunately
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's fine difference I don't mind filling in details details thanks, I only listened to talk sport for a while when it started as I quickly realised it wasn't talk sport but talk football so didn't know he had a show itself.
    However I distinctly remember he was frequently a guest on the talk radio version quite often for sure
    maybe even with the legendary Scott Chisholm!! :D
  • the teddy bearthe teddy bear Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching the 5live Videocam today during VD and she wasn't in the main Salford studios, but rather interestingly, they seem to be flitting between a camera of the empty Salford studio, but also one on her in what looked like a back up studio at Broadcasting House! :eek:
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    I think the BBC should actually show the 5 live webcam on TV from 10am to Midday.

Judging by the amount of people on here who treat it like a TV show and watch it every day it could be a ratings winner.

I always wonder about the point of studio web cams anyway because radio studios are generally dull. Why would people watch a webcam at all let alone every day.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BBC parliament is now showing the Select Committee hearing into the BBC Move to Salford...............

just started.............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Golf tonight ....more dull if possible than Nolan and the bishop so it's world service or r4 tonight...

Oh by the way will relisten to Goldberg's interview with Emily Lloyd....wondered what happened to her (triggers daughter) such promising talent....didn't seem to suffer nolans style with Goldberg doing it
  • droopsnoutdroopsnout Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Golf ... A fine game to play. Boring on television. Utterly tedious on radio.

And it should be on Sports Extra, anyway.

I, too, tuned to R4 as I went to bed. But perhaps more importantly, I have stayed with R4 for the breakfast news, and am likely to make that permanent. Golf lost R5 a listener.
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    I think the BBC should actually show the 5 live webcam on TV from 10am to Midday.

Judging by the amount of people on here who treat it like a TV show and watch it every day it could be a ratings winner.

I always wonder about the point of studio web cams anyway because radio studios are generally dull. Why would people watch a webcam at all let alone every day.

With a music station it can be dull and only one for the anorak really. I think 5Live is different as you can get guests in the studio, news and sport is read from the same studio as the presenter so you can see the coming and goings. Danny Baker's show can be quite entertaining to watch as he often does features for the webcam.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they actually pay someone to sit there all day doing the vision mixing for the webcam?
This discussion has been closed.