Options

Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am guessing nobody has ever seen Stacey and Shergar in the same stable.:eek:
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All that hair...:(
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    All that hair...:(

Ewwwwww. :eek: And sleeping on builders blocks for £130??? I don't think so.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear me all this fuss over 'hosts' and 'managers' I just want a nice comfy clean room and a full English when I go away!

Stacey is really grating on my nerves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely cooking eggs would cause grease to splash also? That Harry is getting on my nerves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoopee, nails likes his room.

That should be a 1 out of 10.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    That Harry is getting on my nerves.

I don't like the way they are draped over each other in the interviews :rolleyes:

Not keen on the gay couple either.
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear me all this fuss over 'hosts' and 'managers' I just want a nice comfy clean room and a full English when I go away!

Stacey is really grating on my nerves.
    Your tolerance is admirable, she did me after the second laugh yesterday.

I'm surprised the hair in the shower didn't make it stink or flood the shower tray!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot Justins mum was run over by a bus.
  • Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I don't like the way they are draped over each other in the interviews :rolleyes:

I don't mind Harry but I understand hosts as opposed to managers. A manager to me wears formal clothes a la Hotel, a host is more homely and relaxed. The couple are though, in my opinion, utterly pretentious.

I've decided Harry has a more Inca look than Asian, would be interested to hear his background. I like his face, I find it trustworthy and kind.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I recalled Justin's mother being hit by a bus, although I did see the Hotel Inspector. I just formed the impression she was somewhere away from the action :o

Can I ask, how is everyone finding this series so far? I'm thinking it's just gone a bit flat for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I'm not sure I recalled Justin's mother being hit by a bus, although I did see the Hotel Inspector. I just formed the impression she was somewhere away from the action :o

Can I ask, how is everyone finding this series so far? I'm thinking it's just gone a bit flat for me.

It's pretty predictable like all of these types of shows after a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To understate it slightly, I am finding it very tired and predictable. Hopefully some of the characters yet to appear will be "gems", good or bad.

Not seen any so far though.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know they all go on this show to get free publicity for their establishments but it seems more blatant and tacky when Justin mentioned he's also opening a place in London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last night's place, The Vale of Berkeley Guest House has a debriefing on their website
    http://www.valeofberkeleyguesthouse.co.uk/#!fiab/c17uq
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't remember but the way he said she'd been hit by a bus very flat and unemotional.

Did you not see last week and the "lovely" Sharon?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

Yes me too especially the cringeworthy Ghost re-enactment. But harry and wife do seem a nice couple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Justin in the right industry? He is so introverted and lacking humour and social skills I just can't warm to him. I'm not impressed by his place I just want somewhere warm and clean with friendly hosts unless they have a Van Gogh hanging in the bedroom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't remember but the way he said she'd been hit by a bus very flat and unemotional.

Did you not see last week and the "lovely" Sharon?

Yes, although he can come across as monotone. But I thought it had a very 'moving swiftly on' vibe about that bit of the conversation. Maybe they cut a bit out?

I missed last week until the last half of Friday, but I think I got a fair impression of how the land lay :D

Where we stayed last week the owner/host was a man running a 4 double bed place on his own. It was really good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know they all go on this show to get free publicity for their establishments but it seems more blatant and tacky when Justin mentioned he's also opening a place in London.

If I remember correctly he showed Alex the London place on The Hotel Inspector. It was a huge old pub and was in the process of being gutted and refurbished but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Whatever, it looks like Justin may have some sort of private financing as it's quite an expansion in just a few years.
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey didn't they all play nicely tonight - surprised at some of the scores as well.

Also surprised nobody picked up on the fact that there was not any protection for the wall behind the beds - (we had head boards in my day) Saw a couple of them had pillows behind their head when they were laying on the bed doing their bit to camera stuff. That wall will be filthy soon unless they have an artist in to keep doing re-painting.

Would not have given them more than 6 for their hosting skills - thought he was very stand offish and gave the impression he did not want to be there but had to do it for the publicity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last comment I chuckled to myself when Justin's girlfriend said they did all sorts of interesting food like eggs Benedict and omelette. I don't think omelettes are high class fare are they?

I once stayed in a hotel and asked for a Spanish omelette. The chef hadn't a clue what it was so I had to explain. In the end it was burnt on one side and had raw vegetables in and very under seasoned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, although he can come across as monotone. But I thought it had a very 'moving swiftly on' vibe about that bit of the conversation. Maybe they cut a bit out?

I missed last week until the last half of Friday, but I think I got a fair impression of how the land lay :D

Where we stayed last week the owner/host was a man running a 4 double bed place on his own. It was really good.

Can't remember the other couples seemed moved I must have a heart of stone, sorry.

Yes definitely a few seismic shocks last week coming to fruition on Friday.

A man running a place on his own? Must be superman! My hub don't even know how to dust!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly he showed Alex the London place on The Hotel Inspector. It was a huge old pub and was in the process of being gutted and refurbished but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Whatever, it looks like Justin may have some sort of private financing as it's quite an expansion in just a few years.

Yes you're right. It's in Pimlico. He must have private investors because that place in London would cost a bomb to gut out and totally refurbish. Which makes it a bit unfair that he's allowed to appear on this show when he has the money to afford to pay for publicity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't remember the other couples seemed moved I must have a heart of stone, sorry.
    A man running a place on his own? Must be superman! My hub don't even know how to dust!

Oh no, I didn't mean that. I just meant that he seemed to cut it all short with a yes she's ok now and that was that.

Yes, entirely on his own. It was all spic and span, we had robes and plenty of towels in the ensuite and the bed was really comfy. He did an absolutely enormous cooked breakfast, one would have sufficed for both of us and he even filled our flask for the day ahead.
    He really couldn't do enough for us and didn't charge a lot either.
This discussion has been closed.