Facebook Friends Question

PenelopePopcornPenelopePopcorn Posts: 306
Forum Member
This is really bugging me. Facebook says I have 54 friends but when I look at who my friends are I can only see 53. I've counted them a couple of times. Anybody know why this might be? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    You have an invisible friend called Harvey? :p
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    Think profiles can be made very private so they won't show on searches or friend lists (I think)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of your friends may have deactivated their account? (Just guessing, not sure if that's how it works).
  • NP73NP73 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    It isn't an accurate total. I used to have a (now deactivated) add-on which counted the number of friends, among other things, and the actual total was always different.
  • PenelopePopcornPenelopePopcorn Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies. I can still see friends who have deactivated their accounts. Maybe FB just doesn't count the number of friends accurately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the same Penny. My FB friend count goes up and down all the time.
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of your friends may have deactivated their account? (Just guessing, not sure if that's how it works).

yes thats how it works now, deactivated friends still count in your total
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    What on earth possessed you count the number of friends on the list rather than just accept that there were 54?
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    abarthman wrote: »
    What on earth possessed you count the number of friends on the list rather than just accept that there were 54?

I don't trust what others tell me, they might be liars.