Sorry I Spent It On Myself - Harvey Nics Ad Campaign

PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just seen this Xmas Ad campaign for Harvey Nichols. I personally think this is brilliant but when mentioning it to colleague they thought it was silly and not in the Christmas Spirit!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2513712/FIRST-LOOK-Sorry-I-spent-Harvey-Nichols-release-hilarious-new-Christmas-advert.html

When you go on the website, there is also a downloadable Christmas Card.

What are your opinions on this? Why shouldn't we treat ourselves I say! :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this Xmas Ad campaign for Harvey Nichols. I personally think this is brilliant but when mentioning it to colleague they thought it was silly and not in the Christmas Spirit!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2513712/FIRST-LOOK-Sorry-I-spent-Harvey-Nichols-release-hilarious-new-Christmas-advert.html

When you go on the website, there is also a downloadable Christmas Card.

What are your opinions on this? Why shouldn't we treat ourselves I say! :D

About as good as their campaign a few years back where a lady pissed herself.

Total crap. People treat themselves any year, they don't need advertising. And more people would probably treat themselves to HN if their prices were more realistic, or they did good sales like House Of Fraser do.
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About as good as their campaign a few years back where a lady pissed herself.

Total crap. People treat themselves any year, they don't need advertising. And more people would probably treat themselves to HN if their prices were more realistic, or they did good sales like House Of Fraser do.

Different Courses for Different Horses I suppose! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different Courses for Different Horses I suppose! :)

'Tis true. Having worked with HN I'm no fan.....
  • NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A horrible advert from a mug punter shop.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harvey Nicks must be laughing all the way to the bank - the markup on the elastic bands and gravel must be enormous. Plus you'll also have to get a real present anyway - unless you really do want to fall out with your nearest & dearest!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Harvey Nicks must be laughing all the way to the bank - the markup on the elastic bands and gravel must be enormous. Plus you'll also have to get a real present anyway - unless you really do want to fall out with your nearest & dearest!

Trust me - it is! :eek:
  • NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you buy these online from Harvey Nicks?

The advert is great :D
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you buy these online from Harvey Nicks?

The advert is great :D

Yes you can buy online and download their Xmas card too!
    Phew glad someone else likes it! Thought it was a Xmas Party for one there!! :D:p
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atrocious.

No doubt it was conceived by overpaid, Starbucks-drinking, TM Lewin shirt-wearing, advertising agency employees who then proceeded to high-five each other for their creative, leftfield genius.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atrocious.

No doubt it was conceived by overpaid, Starbucks-drinking, TM Lewin shirt-wearing, advertising agency employees who then proceeded to high-five each other for their creative, leftfield genius.

Oh man, do NOT get me started............ ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    It would be kinda fun to give one of those gifts to someone just to see their face, but I would have to have got them a proper present too. It reminds me of Jimmy Kimmel's running gag where he got parents to tell their kids they ate all their Halloween candy and film the results, or watch them open really awful Christmas presents :D