World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVII (Spoilers)

CoolWestiesCoolWesties Posts: 211
Forum Member
it would be nice to have a high profile nxt match to start wm each year, that would be cool plus it'd be a great test for the up-n-coming youngsters

Continuation of: World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXVI (Spoilers)

Comments

• AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Apparently there's an NXT tournament at the Axxess shows and the winner gets into the Mania battle royal so that could be a sign of who is coming up next. I think it might be Neville.

Bring him up and then saddle him with the mighty mouse gimmick...

Should be a really good match though. Shame Zayn might not be in it due to an injury
  • BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueSteel wrote: »
    "Rome wasn't built in a day... But Roman was"

Bravo Sir. :D
    Apparently there's an NXT tournament at the Axxess shows and the winner gets into the Mania battle royal so that could be a sign of who is coming up next. I think it might be Neville.

It's probably the tournament no one wants to win. :D
    The tournament should be renamed 'Who wants to be mucked by WWE?' next.
    all wm31 needs is a good tag team title match and that should be the card complete.

if they want a pre-show match they should make one more match, one of low importance. it's stupid to have a title match in the preshow.

good idea to get nxt involved in wrestlemania. i always thought of opening wrestlemania with the biggest nxt match (i dont watch it but am sure there are matches of the highest importance there) and making that a yearly thing.

my predictions..

seth rollins will walk out of wm31 the wwe champion.

i like to see wyatt beat the undertaker. deadman doesnt need to win anything anymore, he has nothing to prove anymore either.

cena pins rusev clean.

hhh beats sting, probably through cheating (interference, using the sledgehammer, etc).

daniel bryan wins ic title.

ortan and bellas win their matches.

mizdow last eliminates miz to win battle royal and miz maybe spoils the celebration by attacking him after and breaking the trophy

WM predictions from my end would be:
    Reigns, Sting, Wyatt, Cena, Orton, Cesaro & Kidd, Ambrose, Sheamus, AJ and Paige.

I'd say I'm pretty confident in those except for the IC Title one (could be Bryan), the ATG Battle Royal one (don't even know who's in it) and Wyatt/Taker.

The only issue I could see with a NXT match with Mania would be that either a) Some of the crowd have no clue who they are - ruining the atmosphere a little or b) They don't get much time - and people wouldn't be happy with that or c) The rest of the roster gets shown up big-time (I know it's up to the rest of the roster to step up then of course - but Mania isn't the place to make your roster look like useless chumps).

Might've have been an idea to have a NXT person be in the IC Title Battle Royal rather than R-Truth. Would've made the build 10x more bearable and a good way to introduce the guy to that roster.
    In fact wouldn't mind a 6-man IC Title ladder match becoming a WM tradition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Should be a really good match though. Shame Zayn might not be in it due to an injury

I've heard this 'mighty mouse' gimmick bandied around a bit - can anyone exactly tell me what it is?
    Because at the moment I'm assuming from the name it's Neville dressed up as a superhero mouse - complete with mouse mask and a superhero cape. Which'd be quite something.

Anyway I'm sure Phil and Gary will be thrilled when he does eventually get called up. :D
  • CoolWestiesCoolWesties Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    The only issue I could see with a NXT match with Mania would be that either a) Some of the crowd have no clue who they are - ruining the atmosphere a little or b) They don't get much time - and people wouldn't be happy with that or c) The rest of the roster gets shown up big-time (I know it's up to the rest of the roster to step up then of course - but Mania isn't the place to make your roster look like useless chumps).

interesting arguments. i supposed they could use a high profile nxt match in its 'pre show'?

making the others look like useless chumps, well, that would be the roster's fault for not upping their game :p

am i the only one who thinks seth WILL cash in at wm31?
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've heard this 'mighty mouse' gimmick bandied around a bit - can anyone exactly tell me what it is?
    Because at the moment I'm assuming from the name it's Neville dressed up as a superhero mouse - complete with mouse mask and a superhero cape. Which'd be quite something.

Anyway I'm sure Phil and Gary will be thrilled when he does eventually get called up. :D

Neville will do well if they're actually serious about rebuilding the IC title and having it as the main belt on Smackdown. He could have great matches with Bryan, Ziggler, Tyson, Cesaro and Harper etc.

And if Gary does show up, at least we'll get some better commentary.

Also, the Mighty Mouse shite has apparently been dropped. Neville would make sense to come up though, because he's at a loose end storyline wise in NXT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    interesting arguments. i supposed they could use a high profile nxt match in its 'pre show'?

making the others look like useless chumps, well, that would be the roster's fault for not upping their game :p

am i the only one who thinks seth WILL cash in at wm31?

I completely agree that would be the roster's fault - but just saying it'd be a bit foolish of WWE to put themselves in the position where it could happen. And though I don't watch it yet, what I hear about NXT suggests if they'd have a match at Mania, they'd have the MOTN in their sleep.

Not saying it's a bad idea either - but just one or two potential issues with it. Like it as a sort of a pre-show match though - would be a good way to get crowds excited for the main show as they make their way in for the main show.

I'd love to see Rollins cash-in as not keen on either Reigns or Lesnar leaving Mania as champion - but I just can't see it happening. Though that'd probably be my lack of faith in WWE there and how they seemingly always book the past to win over the future (with some exceptions to be fair). I'm assuming they'll disappoint me as my starting point.

Also, welcome to the thread (though sorry if you've posted on here before and I haven't noticed lol) - welcome to the madhouse. :D
    Forum Member
    Also, welcome to the thread (though sorry if you've posted on here before and I haven't noticed lol) - welcome to the madhouse. :D

correction - you should say - welcome, to the DAWGHOUSE

woof woof woof woof woof...

it's me, it's D-O-double G - and i like westies hence my username! and you aint down with that, i got two words for yer...

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, have you seen the Ziggler vs Bryan match from Smackdown BFG? One of your guys putting in a great showing. It's disappointing that they won't get the chance to have their singles match at Mania. I do think they might be on for a match at the next PPV though - it's in Chicago so those two having a great match for the IC title would keep that crowd happy. From what I saw on Smackdown, they could do something very special with 20-25 minutes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neville will do well if they're actually serious about rebuilding the IC title and having it as the main belt on Smackdown. He could have great matches with Bryan, Ziggler, Tyson, Cesaro and Harper etc.

And if Gary does show up, at least we'll get some better commentary.

Also, the Mighty Mouse shite has apparently been dropped. Neville would make sense to come up though, because he's at a loose end storyline wise in NXT.

The question is if Phil would improve the commentary? :D

And sorry for the amount I will overuse that Gary and Phil 'joke' when Neville starts appearing on the main roster.

And I think you're being a bit naive if you think they're going to be serious and full-on in rebuilding the IC Title. Doubt they'll start doing to begin with and even if they do, they'll lose interest quickly.

To be fair NOC aside they did a good joke at making it seem more important between Summerslam and the end of 2014 I thought. Miz, Kidd, Cesaro, Harper and Ziggler all did a brilliant job around the title picture.
    The Cesaro/Kidd/Ziggler title match on SD a few months ago is one of the few highlights SD has produced in recent times for me.

And was this Mighty Mouse gimmick then meant to be what I described? Neville's had a lucky escape if so. Have to say from what I gather about NXT (very little so my opinion is sort of pointless here) I think Balor, Zayn and Neville will be the best-suited to the main roster. As I say my opinion counts for probably less than nothing here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair to the NXT guys, I think the Full Sail atmosphere helps their matches so if they have a less receptive crowd in the big stadium, it might be hard for them to replicate the excitement. Might be better to give them a shot on the Raw afterwards in front of all the smarks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, have you seen the Ziggler vs Bryan match from Smackdown BFG? One of your guys putting in a great showing. It's disappointing that they won't get the chance to have their singles match at Mania. I do think they might be on for a match at the next PPV though - it's in Chicago so those two having a great match for the IC title would keep that crowd happy. From what I saw on Smackdown, they could do something very special with 20-25 minutes.

Anything else worth watching on that show? Might give it a watch then to see that match (and see if I can bare the commentary).

And since when did Bryan become one of my guys? ;-)
    To be fair to the NXT guys, I think the Full Sail atmosphere helps their matches so if they have a less receptive crowd in the big stadium, it might be hard for them to replicate the excitement. Might be better to give them a shot on the Raw afterwards in front of all the smarks.

The post-Mania Raw is normally fun - but could get messy this year. Especially if WWE continue their current form with Raws. Should be easy to book it to be great fun though - but then this is Creative and Vince we're talking about with whom it's best to assume the worst really.
    Forum Member
    i think there's too many names in the ic ladder match at wm, it looks abit clogged up - 5 should be the max, imo. 7 is too much. how can they plan/coordinate that is beyond me. its not like royal rumble where everyone just kicks, punches and eliminates, they have to do some spots/moves/unique uses of the ladder. not to mention these matches are always dangerous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The question is if Phil would improve the commentary? :D

And sorry for the amount I will overuse that Gary and Phil 'joke' when Neville starts appearing on the main roster.

And I think you're being a bit naive if you think they're going to be serious and full-on in rebuilding the IC Title. Doubt they'll start doing to begin with and even if they do, they'll lose interest quickly.

To be fair NOC aside they did a good joke at making it seem more important between Summerslam and the end of 2014 I thought. Miz, Kidd, Cesaro, Harper and Ziggler all did a brilliant job around the title picture.
    The Cesaro/Kidd/Ziggler title match on SD a few months ago is one of the few highlights SD has produced in recent times for me.

And was this Mighty Mouse gimmick then meant to be what I described? Neville's had a lucky escape if so. Have to say from what I gather about NXT (very little so my opinion is sort of pointless here) I think Balor, Zayn and Neville will be the best-suited to the main roster. As I say my opinion counts for probably less than nothing here.

I think it may well have been...

Ziggler had some good matches for the IC belt but he still jobbed a bit much and didn't really have many proper storylines surrounding it. It needs feuds and big PPV matches.

I hope giving it to an established star like Bryan would tempt them to treat it more seriously but it's more likely that he'll just start getting jobbed out on TV all the time. I doubt the same fate would befall Cena with the US belt though....

EDIT: And at this point, Andy Townsend would improve commentary...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything else worth watching on that show? Might give it a watch then to see that match (and see if I can bare the commentary).

And since when did Bryan become one of my guys? ;-)

The post-Mania Raw is normally fun - but could get messy this year. Especially if WWE continue their current form with Raws. Should be easy to book it to be great fun though - but then this is Creative and Vince we're talking about with whom it's best to assume the worst really.

Bryan became one of your guys when you realised how awesome Occupy Raw was. :p

There was a gauntlet of the IC title contenders so there's a good Bryan vs Harper match and Bryan vs Ziggler match back to back. Hopefully a sign of things to come with that belt post-Mania. Rest of the show was crap.
    i think there's too many names in the ic ladder match at wm, it looks abit clogged up - 5 should be the max, imo. 7 is too much. how can they plan/coordinate that is beyond me. its not like royal rumble where everyone just kicks, punches and eliminates, they have to do some spots/moves/unique uses of the ladder. not to mention these matches are always dangerous

Agreed. No need for geeks like Stardust and Truth to be in there. I guess Truth will do a couple of comedy spots though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it may well have been...

Ziggler had some good matches for the IC belt but he still jobbed a bit much and didn't really have many proper storylines surrounding it. It needs feuds and big PPV matches.

I hope giving it to an established star like Bryan would tempt them to treat it more seriously but it's more likely that he'll just start getting jobbed out on TV all the time. I doubt the same fate would befall Cena with the US belt though....

Zigger always jobs though and at the least the IC Title was defended regularly (remember the complaints on here used to be that the titles weren't defended nearly enough) and in extended, fun matches so it was a step in the right direction.

That said I loathed the Night of Champions title match - as I think I made abundantly clear at the time (and to be fair it was with good reason).

Bryan being jobbed out on TV all the time? Can't see it - IIRC he's only jobbed clean 4 times in about 18 months and one of those was a Rumble match and another was that Fast Lane match so I can't see him suddenly losing to all and sundry. To be you're the same with Bryan as I am with Rollins - we're fans of them so automatically assume the worst with how WWE will book them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bryan became one of your guys when you realised how awesome Occupy Raw was. :p

There was a gauntlet of the IC title contenders so there's a good Bryan vs Harper match and Bryan vs Ziggler match back to back. Hopefully a sign of things to come with that belt post-Mania. Rest of the show was crap.

Agreed. No need for geeks like Stardust and Truth to be in there. I guess Truth will do a couple of comedy spots though.

What I liked about it was its subtlety. Though I'm still unsure about whether it's the fans's ring and whether WWE belongs to the fans after watching it. :D

If only J&J Security had been around in those days. :D

Ooh I might give Smackdown a watch then - even if I can probably tell you exactly what happened in the former match without even reading results or watching the show.
    EDIT: And at this point, Andy Townsend would improve commentary...

Let's not go that far. I'd still have the WWE commentators over some football commentators - except maybe Lawler but even then I'd probably listen to him over Michael Owen. :D
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think Rey will ever be using the 619 again.

RIP Pero Aguayo jr who was killed in the ring last night. :(
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not about WWE but.

Rumours are Spike TV is picking up ROH and if so it will show that it was TNA they wanted rid of not wrestling.

But Spike TV is coming to the UK so hopefully ROH will air here to.

SpikeTV are undergoing a rebranding in an attempt to move away from male-orientated programming and trying to attract a broader demographic. There's no doubt TNA was not as successful for the company as they had hoped, but the suggestion that they ditched TNA just to make room for another wrestling promotion like ROH or GFW is largely without merit and defiant of logic.

Watched Smackdown today. What an awful show. It is so sad to see what was once a staple part of the WWE weekly programming become nothing more than a RAW recap show with little to no story progression of its own.

Speaking of RAW, I watched the Miz/Mizdow segment. When Miz gives Mizdow the Skull Crushing finale, Michael Cole sells it as though he has just seen the world's most interesting paint drying competition. The commentary is atrocious. JR would have sold it as though Miz had committed first-degree murder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll be pleasantly surprised by Smackdown BFG.

I feel really bad for Mysterio. Apparently it wasn't the move itself but the fact that it was meant to be a double 619 so the other guy (TNA's Manik) landed on the rope first and it snapped back to hit Aguayo right in the face. Even still, Rey and Manik will probably never be the same again. Terrible set of circumstances and I hope both men can recover from it.

RIP Perro Aguayo Jr.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lionsof66 wrote: »
    Don't think Rey will ever be using the 619 again.

RIP Pero Aguayo jr who was killed in the ring last night. :(

There's a video of Rey performing a 619 in this match but he clearly misses the wrestler in question, who at this stage is already unconscious. I'd give it some more time before we figure out what exactly caused this - it's possible that it wasn't a 619 at all but it's come out as that because the only video of the incident features one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_4-tffjVn4

(Please note the video features no graphic content but the wrestler is quite clearly unconscious throughout the entire thing, and the 619 does not make any contact with him, hence why I believe it may not have been anything to do with that move)
  • AgeOfTheGeekAgeOfTheGeek Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some photos from Levi's stadium in the lead up to WM

Really nothing to show there :D Just seems odd the setup has only just begun
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    SpikeTV are undergoing a rebranding in an attempt to move away from male-orientated programming and trying to attract a broader demographic. There's no doubt TNA was not as successful for the company as they had hoped, but the suggestion that they ditched TNA just to make room for another wrestling promotion like ROH or GFW is largely without merit and defiant of logic.

Except Spike's president said earlier this week that they and ROH are "getting to know each other" so not entirely without merit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except Spike's president said earlier this week that they and ROH are "getting to know each other" so not entirely without merit.

Except that the full excerpt goes as follows:
    “I’m not sure there is a deal there,” he said. “We’re just kind of getting to know each other. . . . I think for Spike, the big question is, do we want to get into the professional wrestling business in any way? And I don’t have the answer to that yet.

“I don’t know that we’re going to do anything there, but if we do something, it’s probably not part of ‘Friday Night Lights Out.’ We want to keep that for real sports."
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,979
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Except that the full excerpt goes as follows:

So he basically confirmed preliminary talks with ROH. Again, hardly without merit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he basically confirmed preliminary talks with ROH. Again, hardly without merit.

No, it is without merit. The suggestion from the poster was that SpikeTV ditched TNA simply so they could replace them with another promotion. You heard it from the horse's mouth that SpikeTV aren't even sure if they want to get involved in professional wrestling again.

ROH and GFW are obviously going to want to talk to Spike, who have a history of wrestling on their channel. The fact that they have approached Spike should not be surprising.

Quite how you extrapolate that into "Spike ditched TNA just so they could get ROH", I have no idea.
This discussion has been closed.