Are Chloe and Jack the most entitled hms ever?

patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm trying to think of anyone who has viewed nominations and any negativity towards them in the same way Jack and Chloe have. I'm finding it fascinating and frustrating in even measure.

There have been people who got a bit fond of themselves previously (Wolfy being the obvious one to spring to mind) but, for the life of me, I can't remember other hms who are genuinely baffled at the thought that they might get nominated on Big Brother. It seems utterly beyond their comprehension.

It's funny because they are, literally, dull and duller. Chloe pulled the same reaction after Nick nominated her and Jack's behaviour after Simon's nomination was quite extraordinary.

On the flip side, when Sam, Simon and Marc had to face down very public face to face noms; they were expected to take it on the chin (and to be fair, they did).

Have these people watched this programme before? Did they think they were going on The Cube, or something?

Comments

• WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel your pain, Patsy.
  • GottaBeAdoredGottaBeAdored Posts: 11,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack's definitely up there. I think Chloe was more annoyed at the reason given than the actual nomination tbf.

Steven last year was a lot worse, his rage when he was nominated was infuriating. Jack and Joe the twins were probably every bit as bad as Jack also.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack's definitely up there. I think Chloe was more annoyed at the reason given than the actual nomination tbf.

Steven last year was a lot worse, his rage when he was nominated was infuriating. Jack and Joe the twins were probably every bit as bad as Jack also.

Ah yes, Steven. :D He was quite bothered at the blatant cheek of it, too. I've kind of wiped Jack and Joe from my memory, strangely. :blush: I remember literally nothing about them.
  • Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    It is rather bizarre. On the one hand they're "just normal" but on the other they're above nomination. I'm not sure how that works?

I can understand Chloe being upset at the delivery of her nomination. Helen and Marc are hardly diplomats, but beneath the tears was the same angry, outraged Chloe who kicked off when Nick dared to nominate her. Jack's even worse if anyone dares nom him. He'll spontaneously combust when he finally has to face the vote.

This weird sense of entitlement and their belief they "deserve" to win might make more sense if they were actually putting some effort into the show, really going for it, but they never seem to do anything except expect to remain untouched till the end.

And Brian... I do love him but what a pillock he was tonight!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Didn't Steve-O's rage also break out whenever any dared to nominate one of his friends?
  • GottaBeAdoredGottaBeAdored Posts: 11,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Didn't Steve-O's rage also break out whenever any dared to nominate one of his friends?

You've just made me remember his "inspirational speech" to "Jazzy P":D
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is rather bizarre. On the one hand they're "just normal" but on the other they're above nomination. I'm not sure how that works?

I can understand Chloe being upset at the delivery of her nomination. Helen and Marc are hardly diplomats, but beneath the tears was the same angry, outraged Chloe who kicked off when Nick dared to nominate her. Jack's even worse if anyone dares nom him. He'll spontaneously combust when he finally has to face the vote.

This weird sense of entitlement and their belief they "deserve" to win might make more sense if they were actually putting some effort into the show, really going for it, but they never seem to do anything except expect to remain untouched till the end.

And Brian... I do love him but what a pillock he was tonight!

It's beyond bizarre, my friend. Yet all the criticism is focussed on the bunker-mates and various sides of the Harry sulkathon.

As fans of the show I would imagine we should be gobsmacked at this display of an expectation of invulnerability. I have no words for how much Jack and Chloe are annoying me at this stage.

Don't get me wrong - neither are 'bad people' in the simple black and white world of BB; but my God are they dull! And even if they weren't, how the hell can they take NOMINATION on BIG BROTHER as such an offensive concept?
  • hellomoto977hellomoto977 Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did Chloe say to Danny and Christian after she was nominated that they were so offended by? I couldn't even hear properly due to all the shouting and complaining..
  • ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did Chloe say to Danny and Christian after she was nominated that they were so offended by? I couldn't even hear properly due to all the shouting and complaining..

She was saying "You're on reality shows, you're a model, you're a model, you want to be on TV, you're a politician..."

Basically pointing out that they all want careers in the spotlight and she's just a normal girl.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That she was the only normal one in there.
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    If they want £150,000, then they need to earn it. The way they act like they're better than everyone else, but the truth is they're just as snakey and two faced as anyone else in there.
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. For me it's Marq who fits that description.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eve Elle wrote: »
    If they want £150,000, then they need to earn it. The way they act like they're better than everyone else, but the truth is they're just as snakey and two faced as anyone else in there.

No way! Jack is by far the snakiest in there, dripping poison into people's ears week after week.
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    No way! Jack is by far the snakiest in there, dripping poison into people's ears week after week.

Ok... they're MORE snakey and two faced than anyone else in there. ;)
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I've said it elsewhere, it seems to be to do with being nominated by the newbies :o:confused:

Let's face it Showbiz wasn't allowed to nominate at all. When he nominated Eileen a little bit spitefully he was hounded and when he nominated Jack kindly he was hounded . . both times by Jack mainly.

They appear to be entitled because they were there first. I wonder if this has come from an unsettled feeling at how originals were usurped by newbies. It is all very very weird, almost as weird as Brian's tantrum tonight. Did anyone see him picking up his shoes :confused: I hope he had them when he spent the night in the naughty room :blush::(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eve Elle wrote: »
    Ok... they're MORE snakey and two faced than anyone else in there. ;)

That's more like it. :cool:
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    How would anyone know? Most people here only have a memory that extends to one series at best.
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think either of them are, especially Chloe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there are plenty of other people in there that would be equally outraged at being nominated but who would hide it far, far better than either Chloe or Jack (or Harry) could or did. I suspect Danny in particular would be absolutely seething, not just at being nominated but that one of his children dared rebel against Daddy Danny's authority. I'd also absolutely love to have seen Helen's reaction if she'd ever been nominated :o

I'm liking Jade more and more with every day that passes, and I can't help comparing her 'thanks a lot guys' (wtte) response to being nominated by eight of her HMs with Jack and Chloe having biblical-level meltdowns over a single nomination that didn't even put them up for the public vote.
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Chloe is dull. Helen and Nikki have made her think she is more popular than she is by giving her advice, but she is hardly ever featured on the show. I do not think she deserves the prize money - judging by her Twitter account, it appears that she has a rich boyfriend who takes her on holidays all the time.

Jack is bratty and definitely has "Wolfy syndrome".
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    In a way, Chloe's upset is less understandable than Jack's cos he at least thinks he's been anointed by the public and anyone nominating him is therefore defying public will.

I do get that Chloe doesn't like being told she doesn't "deserve" to be there, but interesting how the first time we see her fall apart is after her first time being put up, e.g. she didnt fall apart after Simon said she wasn't deserving. She just got mad (not that she could do that with Helen and Marc).

Maybe for Chloe, who gave Adjoa tactics to avoid eviction so she does know 'the game', there's a sadness and frustration that a game plan of befriending everyone (even Marc), being the 'decent everywoman' all the time, and flying just below radar has backfired. As BB game plans go, its usually quite foolproof and if not for the pesky newbies/legends, she was coasting to the final.
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to understand that coasting to the final by being nice to avoid getting nominated does NOT entertainment make!!
  • MerryOMerryO Posts: 1,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As fans of the show I would imagine we should be gobsmacked at this display of an expectation of invulnerability. I have no words for how much Jack and Chloe are annoying me at this stage.

Don't get me wrong - neither are 'bad people' in the simple black and white world of BB; but my God are they dull! And even if they weren't, how the hell can they take NOMINATION on BIG BROTHER as such an offensive concept?
    eramaa wrote: »
    I'm liking Jade more and more with every day that passes, and I can't help comparing her 'thanks a lot guys' (wtte) response to being nominated by eight of her HMs with Jack and Chloe having biblical-level meltdowns over a single nomination that didn't even put them up for the public vote.

Agree with both of these. Jack with his outraged bluster at the 'audacity' of the late arrivals in daring to intrude on the cosy houseparty of the sainted Originals, and Chloe with her wet blubbery (in the tearful sense) whimpering 'Ah think ah do deserve it!' infuriate me. I'd vote to evict Chloe this week, but obviously a wasted vote with her being the People's Princess and all...

Jade is now the only one in there I like even a little bit, she looks better and better to me.
  • MellsbellsMellsbells Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every year, the people in the little bubble of the BB house forget that they will all be nominated. Huge outrage when anyone dares to nominate the chosen few. Chloe is boring and as such should have been out weeks ago.

Jack....he should be nominated and then evicted if only for the constant wearing of that bloody dressing gown. It must reek by now and frankly I'm sick of seeing his big red legs sticking out from it with those godawful flip flops on. I really hope he's their next nom, surely he's got to go if he is. It'll be our only chance!